Gameplay

In this forum, you can share all of your thoughts and suggestions about gameplay, from modes to weapons to balancing.

Let’s hear your ideas:

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Dark Sight Feedback/Improvements

There are quite some things that can be done to make Dark Sight more interesting instead of it just being used for finding clues. Maybe see footsteps or set of a flock of crows.

481 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

108 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New PVE Gamemode

What I want to propose is a new game mode for players who don't want to play the game with a PVP aspect. I've been playing this game since the closed alpha and I thoroughly enjoy it, I love the guns, tools, and consumables. The game has an amazing atmosphere with a huge map and lots to do/ interact with. Although I find myself often encountering situations where I can't interact with or use certain equipment because of the fear of other players. There's a lot of equipment I would never use because of the game's PVP and I only…

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A PocketWatch for Keeping Track of Remaining Time

There should be a pocket-watch added to the game as a permanent tool that is passively equipped to each hunter upon recruitment. This tool need not be equipped, but merely set to s specific hotkey of the players choosing or a default provided by the developer. To avoid accidental equips of the pocket-watch during intensive game-play, eliminate the ability to access the pocket-watch via the mouse wheel scrolling.

This Pocket-watch would allow for a more immersive feel for the in game timer of one hour, while maintaining a sense of utility.

Seeing as the game time is one hour before…

122 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Spectate Mode upon Death

If you are playing with a partner and you are completely dead (not able to be picked up) then it would be nice if we could spectate from our partners perspective for the remainder of their match if we want.

1,208 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

106 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Looting

Be able to loot players for some small portion of what the player that died had left, for example ammo, dynamite, medic kit charges or even weapons to sell or something of sorts.

1,099 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

133 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Hunters!

We have heard your feedback in regards to looting. All though we’re not going to make it possible for you to loot entire weapons of players, we do want to give you the option to grab a couple bullets (ammo) from a player.

This will later be reflected on our roadmap and we will keep you up to date on when this would go on the test server/live.

6. Throwable water

Idea for natural spawned bottles or buckets of water around the map to get and use to counter fire bombs and or downed burning team mates

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Jumping should drain sprinting stamina not melee stamina or something else [Read further]

As in the Titel: Jumping should drain the sprinting Stamina (which exists, but is only displayed if exhausted by the icon bottom left) and not the Melee Stamina.

Either that or make it like that, that with every successive jump, the hight gehts smaller and the hunter slows down. With something like that it wouldn't feel as punishing as now.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Water consumable to counter burning downed partner

I think the idea behind being able to execute a downed player by burning a player is fine, I just really miss a counter play to it. As of now, there is not much to do about it.

Adding a water consumable will make it so that you still have to risk your life for saving your partner, by getting close enough to throw it at him. It would also make it so that you have to deliberately choose to bring it over a dynamite or whatever. It's something you would bring alone for the sake of your partner, since…

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Customizing hunter outfits

it would be great idea if we can customizing hunter outfits From a variety of clothes something you can Make it special and unique

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. KEEP SCOPES / REMOVE SUN GLARE / RE-ZOOM IRON SITES

People seem to like the scopes but people also seem to not like them. In the current state the lack of zoom reduces the size of iron-sites to unmanageable and people at mid-range distances seem too small of targets to even risk shooting at. I have 236.5 hours on this game and love it. This new patch has left a bitter taste in my mouth as my beloved rifles have become useless without a scope and the scope has a terrible glare unless you are facing south. This game had an old feel that was amazing and created exciting wild…

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please indicate the causes of death.

I had no idea how I died in the first two tries in this game. Once while I was walking in a pond, the other while picking up ammo. Both at my full HP. If death is a permanent effect, at least you should indicate the cause of death, so that at least I'd know what I did wrong.

844 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone,

We have an update on this for you. This topic is something we have received a lot of feedback on. After discussing it with the team, we agree that a cause of death indicator is something that we will be implementing.

The purpose of this will solely be to indicate how you died, it will not provide any other details or information, for example, like details the player that killed you. As it can be sometimes difficult to know how you died, we feel that this addition will help it feel less random, and at least give you some awareness on how the death occurred.

We will look at implementing this during Early Access but do not have a specific time frame at the moment.

Thanks.

12. Dark Sight Ideas to hunt people

Short v. : If a hunter does not move too much for a certain amount of time, other hunters can see him in dark sight, just like the clues.

Long v. : The game needs to fight campers right now. Improvements on the dark sight could work for that. Right now, dark sight only enables you to track clues and bosses. But all hunters can use this feature, so they are link to each other. Hunters could track other hunters with this feature under specific conditions.

For campers, set an energy bar with X as a value, the more a…

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. ROAMING BOSSES FOR NIGHT AND DAY

I would love to see a boss that roams the entire map! I've seen mentions on the HUNT Facebook page, and suggest something there myself in the past. Have the boss hunt the players? The boss would be insanely sensitive to sounds perhaps, and actively tune in to just continuous gunshots?
    NIGHT ROAMING BOSS: Giant Werewolf? Basilisk? something that creeps and hides rather than smashes around and roars.
    DAY ROAMING BOSS: a flesh Golem? something louder than the night boss, that thuds abouts and roars. (I know it would be similar to the Butcher)

At night the players would have…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Campaign Coop PvE only. No PvP.

Some are put off by the nature of PvP. I have nothing against it, I just like a more friendly PvE game. I am not suggesting you eliminate the current PvE-PvP format, just offer an option for Coop PvE only.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make scopes as "attachments" instead of dedicated weapon variants to promote their use

You essentially would equip them in the tools slot as you do with the spyglass and mount them on the need (maybe a 4-5 second animation with it).

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. stop burning with water

there is water all over the map. I understand the concept that it takes time to pat out a fire or splash water on yourself, but maybe if your in hip deep water simple crouching could immediately extinguish burning.

60 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Downing and finishing off downed players.

I was enjoying so much the new usage of Fusees :steamsad:
    They provided an alternative to lanters and Firebombs that required a higher risk to burn a downed player. You had to hit them directly and be as near as the downed as you could, and so you had to be more time exposed. It also made them valuable in day time missions for that purpose.
    I understand the change, as it isn't too realistic, but then shots and other means of harm should also kill for good the downed players.
    In the future, it would be a great addition…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Traps

One-use traps as consumables? They don't have to be harmful, such as bear or spike traps, and could be more utility focused. How about a simple glass-bottle attached to a trip-wire? A player walks over and triggers the wire, the bottle is yanked over and smashed, loudly alerting any nearby creatures or players to their presence, and creating a small area of glass that crunches when you step on it. It could have the option to be dismantled if you see it before walking over it. Would be useful for covering your backs, and when holding positions for claiming the…

618 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey guys, as you can see we have set this suggestion as “Planned” and I wanted to give you some more information as to what this means.

The dev team have discussed this on numerous occasions and we can confirm that we plan to add extra traps in a number of different forms as we progress through Early Access (the first additions should come with a future patch , more details can be found on our roadmap here: https://www.huntshowdown.com/roadmap).

At this time, we do not have specific details to provide, but rest assured that the ideas you have provided, and continue to provide will be forwarded to the team for review.

We will continue to update the status of this topic once more details are available.

Thanks for your input, we greatly appreciate it.

19. Grenade should blow up in water

I'm tired of throwing grenades right next to someone and it lands in the water it doesn't blow up thats not how grenades work. pls fix this

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 3 Player Teams

I think a gamemode with 3 player teams would be perfect. I think 4 player teams would be too much (too many people to cover exits or snipe from different positions) but I think 3 player teams would be really fun.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 45 46
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base