Let’s hear your ideas:

Executing Downed Enemy Players

Having the ability to execute a downed enemy player and remove them from the game. This way you don't have to worry about their team mate reviving them ever! I would suggest that this would need to be similar to a revive where the enemy must be in melee to you and you need to stay over their body for a certain amount of time, almost an Anti-Revive for lack of a better term. This would be an interesting mechanic that deals in risk vs reward in that the opposing team now is permanently down a man and you as an opponent now have definite knowledge of that fact but, you have to camp the body and may be taken out yourself before you can make the execution.

250 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

shigityshwo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Already implemented  ·  Adminjanneke (Admin, Crytek) responded  · 

This has already been in the game for quite some time! You can burn a downed players body by throwing a lantern or fire bomb on them! That way their health chunks burn away and they can’t get revived anymore!

31 comments

Comments are closed
  • ParadoxWolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Crytek This should be marked as already implemented. Maybe you should post here that you have to burn bodies, then these people will learn that mechanic.

• HeavyStorm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's already in, all you have to do is burn the body. It's not as simple as your suggestion but my guess is that it is on purpose - the revive mechanic is to give teams a better survival change.

• Dx774 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can do that already, use a firebomb and they cant be revived.

• aquariuz23 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think if you got killed via a headshot, you should instantly and permanently be dead. Not sure how you can revive someone from a headshot wound, especially during that era. So maybe have a few ways to permanently execute downed players that aren't downed via headshot. Fire is one, maybe you have to come close and either stab the player in the heart or shoot them in the head to permanently kill them.

Also, if a downed player can be revived by a partner and your penalty is losing a health bar, why shouldn't a solo player be able to revive himself using a vitality shot (or maybe a new kind of shot, like adrenaline shot) that allows you to jump start your heart, get up with a sliver of health, either run away and heal or stand your ground and fight to the last breath. This will force players to have to go and make sure a downed player is actually really dead, otherwise they may very well come back to haunt you.

• Kindaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should definitely replace burning. Right now tossing a firebomb or lantern on a downed players is much too easy and safe. The game is designed as a duo game so it should not be so easy to remove a player from the game.

As it is right now the point of burning a body is usually because you kill one player and you either saw his teammate at some point or not at all. So if he has a teammate he is likely nearby camping and most of the time won't show himself if 2 players are around his fallen teammate. So you burn his body and move on cause you may never find the remaining teammate and for all you know may be long gone or even extracting.

So instead of burning if you have to go to the body and perform an execution action that can be interrupted it would encourage people to actually try and save their teammate by giving them an opportunity. So now the executing players have a chance to draw out and kill the missing teammate as well. Its a win win and would be a much better and more engaging system than it currently is with burning

• sirpatroclus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Disagree, we already have fire. We dont need more. Lets not be lazy. I swear, most suggestions I see are things you find in Fortnite. Wtf?

• KeatonB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actually like the idea that you have to use fire to kill downed players, but I think it should be fleshed out more. Because by having it so people could just shoot downed players it would make the whole reviving your buddy and their hp loss mechanic not much of a role in the game, and I think it should be a big role. Even though I mostly play solo.

Also others have stated that adding a player banishing system could be cool aswell.

• Kirbye commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Btw, you can burn an ennemy body to make sure his ally can't revive him.

• TheSzerdi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I suggested this in Alpha. Coup de grace fancy finishing moves where you hold F and your character does an animation like spinning his gun and firing it into the head of the downed player.

• Appoh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think removing the burning dead players mechanic and turn it into stomping their head in or something, something you have to go up to the player and execute would be better. Right now in a 2v2 if a player from both teams goes down it's a 1v1 scenario where u stalk the dead bodies and just wait for a player to revive, it's intense and I love it but sometimes you have an open window to get to the enemy body I'd like to execute them but I also don't want it to be "where is a lantern, I need to kill this guy" it feels right at the same time, like it suits the game but the gameplay of it just kinda feels weird. Maybe it's good now that I keep talking about it... I unno.. I just think executions should be a bit more risky than they are right now

• TheNerdberry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Banishing a player? (@FrontlinerNL) Hunters are no monsters that should be able to be banished..

Burning downed players does enough harm and is widely abused already. Just down a player and instantly throw a firebomb- no way for his teammate to do anything.

They should rather add a way to stop the fire or reviving him while he's burning.

The way it is right now just renders the whole point of reviving pointless. (Yes, it can still be easily used after a teammate has been downed by mobs, but that shouldn't be the main use of reviving)

• enjdusan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like this idea.
    Downed players is already punished.
    And actually, he can be removed from the game by fire, so... no point in that.

• FrontlinerNL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not agree on this, and using fire to execute downed players? that's just lame in my oppinion, But banishing the downed players sounds alright by me if ofcourse its on a timer, Downed players are already punished multiple ways by default, For instant, they lose a chunk of health, They can only be revived (max 3 times depends on health upgrade) + the shooter has a clear sight of the dead body and is likely to camp the downed player for awhile to.

• d10sk0ur01 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You already can do that: use fire.
    You can already execute, just shoot over the downed player.

USe the tools this game gives (already!!)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base