Let’s hear your ideas:

Bunny Hop Restriction

bunny hop is a problem in near every fps game,
please consider somthing like "you have 5 jumps [in open field] and get slower with every jump, then it regenerates after time". Just like running atm, where you get slower after time. It should not(!) depend on your stamina, because that would just benefit campers that are not moving / doing pve.

104 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

DarkAlucard666 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Already implemented  ·  Adminjanneke (Admin, Crytek) responded  · 

Hello,

After the latest Content patch went live Bunny hopping is now restricted. Obviously we will still tweet things when they see fit based on community feedback.

30 comments

Comments are closed
  • Siliarus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hehe, marked as planned and behold! It is schedules to be stamina-dependent! :D

Anyway, this still doesn't remove the problem of people finding boss in 5 minutes and sitting there for another 40; on the contrary. It's not the people camping doing the bunny-hoping. It's us who try to actually do the objectives and force fights. We go in jumping here and there to make sure hitting our head is not so easy.

Also the real issue with bunny hop is not the jumping itself - it's that you can change direction and speed mid-air (yep, really, just try pressing sprint mid air).

• Grisii commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should remoe bunny hoping.

Sometimes it feels like im playing Call of some **** .
    People start bunnyhoping as ****, it is so crazy and does not fit to that game. It is destroying the gunfight feeling when enemy is jumping like a ****** .

• HollyTendo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bunnie Hop is defense vs campers. I think people who want remove this are camping crybabies who failing to kill people with some movement. I have 400 hours in game and never had problem with bunnie hop, i have problem with people who sitting in bush 50 minuts to kill guys with two bounties. And i have feel so much % are this guys who call about remove this. So guys are you sitting in bush or somewhere and you failed to kill guys with some movement right. You are just cancer in this game and cry more.

• LtShamrock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would rather see it limited to 2-3 hops in a 10 second span. Absolutely no reason to be jumping that much and destroys the game. Was just brutalized by a high-level rabbit wanna be. Please lock this down soon.

Another idea - perhaps make hoping will zoomed in something that cannot be done. Never met a shooter who jumps while taking a shot...

• Noetigenfalls commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To be able to bunnyhop and hip-hop-strafe in a shooter, that relies on stealth, completely kills immersion and makes firefights a gamble.

Its extremely annoying to carefully approach and secure an area only to be shot/killed by a guy who - ignoring all stealth-mechanics - frantically frolics into view, hipshooting anything that moves . And THEN be advised to acquire more aiming/skill.

• Cerroh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In a Highly immersive - Rougelike game there shold be some punishment for overextensive jumping wich logicly makes you tired.
    I think that stamina consuption should be applied to any kind of action includnig climbing a lader and sprinting through water.

• DerNachtschreck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally important. Jumping should cost much Stamina and/or after landing a delay before you can shoot again.

• JSange commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you can sprint indefinitely without losing stamina, I think it's only fair to have a stamina cost for jumping.

• tangolimaromeo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would recommend making it so you have a windup to jumping/cooldown after doing so. Nothing unreasonable, just that, like in real life, a standing jump takes more time and movement than a running leap, and that doing so repeatedly kills your speed and stamina.

Jumping as-intended seems to not be a very critical mechanic except to scale objects that don't have a designated climb option like low fence posts or the like anyway.

• Brck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah this isn't a game that should have bhops. But it gives players an obvious advantage to just jump around and run away.

• check-engine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. In fact I think the biggest disparity of the weapons as you go up through the rank doesn't necessarily come from the damage, but the ability of a high tier player to practically negate the chance of a low tier player from getting a headshot on them while hopping all over the place while at the same time their weapon only requires one body shot to drop a tier I or II hunter. I feel like there would be less complaints about the progression system if this ability to cheese the system was removed.

• Vagiterean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think bunny hop is one of my biggest gripes with this game. I think you should make every jump deplete stamina significantly and it MUST affect the ADS. It is ridiculous that your aim is virtually unaffected while jumping. For hip fire it is ok but for ADS it definitely shouldn't be allowed. By doing this, you would allow players to use jumps defensively (avoiding getting head shot easily) but definitely not offensively (jump like a mad bunny on drugs and still being dead accurate).

• Dusk_Horror commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "Bunny Hopping" in combat ruins the immersion that the rest of the game works so hard to paint.

I recommend adding an "off balance" effect after every jump. "Off balance" last for a few seconds, and during off balance gunfire is extremely inaccurate. also, if a hunter is hit by another hunter while off balance they are instantly downed.

This leaves jump spam intact for things like climbing and navigating terrain, while utterly removing it from combat.

• Dusk_Horror commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i agree, with so much focus on realism and immersion with the tracking system to hyper realistic reloading... the bunny hopping completely breaks all the immersion the rest of the game works so hard to create.

• h3st4by commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please fix it (with stamina cost for jumping, bad aim or wathever ...), it really breaks immersion...

• d10sk0ur01 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Remove this disimmersive thing. Please this is not immersive. Just one jump every 5 seconds,, or something like that. Create a LOGIC design so that it is Disincentivated. Noise\Stamina\ Fatigue, bad aim etc...

Please remove it, we want that if someone gets stuck somewhere the game automatically addresses it with auto de-stuck animation with swearing wishpered by the hunter (also add a hole into the swamps of 1 x 3 meters so that people happily moving in swamp sometimes fall into the water "sinks" and have to swim their bodies out).

Regarding hopping, please remove it or disincentive it.
    Make a lot of noise when one does hop and also, do reduce stamina (NO INTRO of indicator on screen), Just Breathe fatigue sound will tell us how much we jumped (but make it realistic... one that jumps does not get tired with one jump anyway... ).

Anyway... remove hopping chance in the game please, just remove it.

It destroys the immersion. and also kill this hardcore tactical shooter sand box you created. Hunt Showdown does not deserve hoppers. Please.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base