Let’s hear your ideas:

Do Not Add Weapon Scopes To The Game

I see you guys are trying to add "Weapon scopes, with long, medium, and short-range". Please don't! Its gonna take away what makes Hunt: The Showdown, its own game and turn it into another generic shooter.

397 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chumsicle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  AdminRick - " Ic3man2k" (Community Manager, Crytek) responded  · 

While the topic states “Do not add”, I wanted to give it a status update given that they have now been introduced into the game.

We are still taking on board any feedback so please feel free to post further suggestions as we progress through Early Access. Your feedback is very important to us and we want to make sure that everything is balanced correctly so please keep the suggestions coming.

Thanks.

84 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • DiemiurgoPlay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have never seen such incredible scopes. Great job. Ignore these comments from people who have no idea what a good FPS is

• erluchetto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why I can not vote I want the scopes out of the game fortunately almost not used at all in the game people have understood the cancer they are and prefer to play with a little 'challenge

• maso96001 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hawing scopet wepons is a good ide fore exampel 1 player prowiding owerwatch wayls other player locks fore cluse

• Spagyi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Landing shots from a distance without scopes is extremely rewarding and challenging as well. Also it makes the game unique and hella lot immersive. Adding scopes to the game should be avoided, it makes the long range fights less fun and less challenging. Also adding scopes to the game might turn the game into a camp-fest. The game just feels better without scopes.

• BotanyBay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can`t agree more,It`s a huge mistake to add scopes, as well as the flashbands.Don`t give away the precious things which make the game special,historical accurate is definitely one of these things.When we enjoy the feelings of wild west,than we see a winchester with a scope?What the **** is that???

• PearlPhantom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I didn’t know I couldn’t untag this as in appropriate when I tagged it. It was kind of a joke. I hope I’m not punished for this. This idea is a MUST. I’m sure you get these comparisons all the time but EFT is an awesome game and H:S has its own awesome flavor gameplay. But it’s perfectly acceptable to learn from one another. Notice this suggestion or come up with your own idea but don’t do the standard FPS stance on ADS or zooming rather. It’s silly and looks like BS.

• Vagiterean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do not go down the road of most games where the whole screen goes black and you only have a circular view in front. Make it in a similar way like in "Escape from Tarkov". That way it will fit in this game way more, it will be more realistic and will keep the immersion big time. In real life you are looking through a scope, you just see magnified through it but the rest of your view area doesn't turn black :)
    So please don't make scopes like in CS, CoD or BF.
    Please guys vote this idea!

Thank you all

• tEcH666 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, don't add weapon scopes. This game's awesome and I love shooting with Iron Sights. This is different and even hard. Instead of adding weapon scopes, remove the ADS Zoom from Shotguns and pistols. The beauty in this game is being not able to precise with aiming. You struggle to hit and survive and gives opportunities to everyone. Iron Sight is harder to hit versus a red dot or a cross. This is not PUBG or CSGO or BF. This is an oldschool shooter game and the main focus is to kill monsters, get the bounty and extract. Plus ADS zoom gives you an ability to search the area. Most of the times without ADS zoom you don't always have the render all of the buildings, grunts etc. ADS zoom is perfect now. Only adjustment I suggest is remove ADS zoom (or lower it) from pistols and shotguns because they are made for close-range combats. Please just don't do it I like this game the way it is now with the shooting.

• ShadowOfEnigma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You guys complaining about scopes, you do understand that your field of view would be MUCH smaller than it normally is. Do you guys notice how small your field of view is when aiming down the iron sights? Now cut that view in half, then half again. You really think that's such a huge advantage? It's only an advantage if you know exactly where the other team is at, and zooming in on them , could be a pain **********, in and of itself.

• Ricksterr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Disagree. Scopes are going to have their disadvantages, as they should. In no way is it going to turn Hunt "into another generic shooter".

• Veerdin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't agree with this. Scoped rifles would fit with the game's setting and would carry their own limitations. Assuming they implement them properly and make it so that a scope can offer an advantage as well as disadvantages, I don't think they'd be a problem.

• ParadoxWolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Scopes are planned for the first major patch according to the game's roadmap. This brings a lot of controversy on the difficulty of getting kills, and I'd like to recommend an idea for some counterplay to fighting scoped players.

I can't say I know all of the light physics behind how exactly this would work with the eras form of scopes, but I imagine that if you were looking through your scope (moreso at night or in the dark) that if you had a bright Fusee, or lightbulb, or player flashlight shining at you, that it would cause a strong glare on your scope and it would make it more difficult to see.

I also imagine that this would cause your player's eyes to take several seconds to adjust to darkness again after you put your weapon scope down. (Like how it does when coming out of Dark Sight at night)

I believe these mechanics would help a lot for balancing out the power of being able to zoom in more closely on far away enemies, and if done right could make Fusees and Flashlights much more viable tools to bring into matches!

• DerNachtschreck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Scopes will come with the next big update and Mosin is now a Gamechanger...with scopes it will be massive.
    I dont have a problem with scopes, but you should take care.
    I dont know what is planned in complete in the future, if you can boost Darksight, to track campers, or so...but you should make scopes and telescopes reflective.
    In Bright Moonlight or the right angle of the sun it should be seen widely.
    It would add immersion and would make the game still not broken. :-)

• cbbbiz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are already scopes in this game! They're just invisible. Zooming in w iron sights is unrealistic and OP as it is (cuz it zooms your entire field of view rather than just the scope). Scopes will make it harder and will be a welcome addition imo

• tangolimaromeo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Short scopes I could see, binoculars definitely, but longer scopes would be troubling. Maybe being more realistic with scopes in terms of movement (if you've ever tried to walk around with your eye to a hunting scope for more than a few feet, you'll know what I mean) compared to most games could counter this, though, especially if you need to crouch and keep still to get a good shot on someone.

Fortunately most of the current map has plenty of cover, but it might not be enough everywhere for some people.

• AdvertedHelix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When the first content patch rolls out scopes I'd love to see players using scopes for a visual advantage be punished by revealing their general location in some form to make it a high risk tactic that doesn't give them a straight up advantage

• Fellix722 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, please don't do this. If I get sniped across the map I will quit playing and give a negative review.

We already have problems with players using higher brightness/gamma settings during night matches that cause getting shot by people that can see you in pitch black. I don,t want to deal with that during the day as well.

• TheMadFragger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Weapon attachments could be a reward for killing a boss and the quality of the attachment could depend on how much XP that a player extracted with, this would encourage exploration and more player hunting and monster slaying.

OR

If developers prefer a less modular type attachment system, Scoped variants of weapons could be a reward for killing a boss, having more xp on extraction could act as a multiplier for unlocking higher tier scoped variants.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base