Let’s hear your ideas:

Make Clues Great Again

Now, we all have been in a game where the banish starts within the first five minutes and you haven't even gotten a chance to find all the clues yet. Also, the bosses are real weaklings so they basically get insta-gibbed as soon as they are found.

I have an idea on how to fix this that isn't the "Make it so the boss can't be found" thing. It is similar though.

The Boss will have three different difficulties depending on how many clues you found.
0 Clue: He is basically indestructible to you. Fight him only if you have unlimited ammo. He will have a mass resistance to every damage type and all forms of one-shot will only do about 10% damage to him. They will not be vulnerable to their weakness.

1 Clue: He is vulnerable, the god bleeds. So now he starts showing his weakness. Damage from all weapon is lowered to 20-33%. Still not super effective if you are a newer player, but maybe some hardcore can take him on. He will not be "Vulnerable" to his weakness.

2 Clue: Damage from all weapons get around 50-66%. He is now just a slightly harder boss than normal. They will becom vulnerable to their weakness meaning they will take slightly more damage than base.

3 Clue: Basically the same boss fight as now. Hopefully some buffs to the Ai and survivability to make the fights more interesting but otherwise 100% damage and Vulnerability at max.

Finally, Clues should be fewer and in random compounds. This will draw players together more while also making them play less point to point until they find the boss.

P.S. If this were to be implemented you should be given better XP based on what Difficulty the boss was.

127 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chessur shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • evol_boarder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with some but not all of this.

I don't think players should experience a serious handicap to fighting the boss without finding a clue.

I do think that players should gain some type of advantage in the game for finding clues. I agree doing some more damage to the boss could work, but nothing crazy or unfair.

• Calamarik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So if you are lucky enough to spawn near the boss location you're basically being punished for your luck ... strange concept.

• CryptLord commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would make hunters roam around the map alot more, creating a bigger variety of situations and giving more tactical decisions. Numbers may be tuned to be less punishing, but I love the idea.

• J.Rhodes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just making the bosses harder to kill all round, would solve some of this problem in a very simple fix.

• Drayno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here’s a crazy concept, the boss doesn’t show up until you’ve found all three clues. If another team finds all three clues and finds the boss before your team, then you can also engage.

• JrBuck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like less boss rushing also. Personally, I don't like when the first clue I find is the boss, then I loose out on the possibility of gaining more bounty. However, since the map area is decreased by finding a clue, it is not setup to allow you to find more clues after locating the boss. The whole system would need to be reworked for this, so it's not that simple of a fix.

I think it would be better to have more objectives. Like possibly have optional tasks that are different for each hunter that have their own rewards. Example, kill 10 hives for 50 bounty. This would also go along with being a hunter (actually seems more legit to get paid for killing monsters than for collecting clues).

Either way, I think the economic system needs adjusting. Each game there are significantly more losers than winners. You have the option of getting a few clues and then extracting (so as to not lose all your money), but that's pretty boring and no one wants to do that.

• flankerzo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please no :) make it back to trailer version, to take i clue, see short real time feed from place when the boss is...

• Chessur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know what advantage I am giving to better weapons since they will all be affected in the same way. Second, in this, if you spawn on the boss compound and know where the boss is you will still be able to search for clues to find their "weakness"

• Siliarus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I honestly start observing more and more that one or even two pairs exit the game if they dont find boss in first two compounds (e.g. under 3min). This is not a clue problem but a problem of dark sight boost being, well, too boosted. And people playing nitro...a lot. You dont want to fight people who have huge advantage against you, not when you lose everything should you die.
    Anyway, back on track. The suggestion is not a solution to me. It only turns the situation around. Spawning in boss compound is bad for you, especially given lower tier gear. Imagine the upper hand your are giving to better weapons with this. I think the symptoms you are observing (short time to banish) are better treated with other means.

• Chessur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Because spawning on the boss makes you a “good” hunter.

How would this in anyway make it better for “bad” hunters anyway. The boss would either be harder or the same difficulty he is now. Those were the options I afforded.

Last, this is less about the actual idea and more about just incentivizing clues to begin with. If you have a reason to pick up two or more clues, the game would be less boss rushing and more exploration.

• ChocoTrizo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No , this is so dumb , having clue is for knowing where the boss is not for having a lower difficulty
    If you are a bad hunter it's your problem , don't make the game harder for good hunter .

Feedback and Knowledge Base