Let’s hear your ideas:

Remove Darksight Boost

We are creating this topic as a way to gather all of the "Remove Darksight Boost" suggestions in one place. We will also be creating another topic based on merging "alternatives or improvements to Darksight boost" topics. This will allow us to collect all the feedback into one place making it much easier to review and get a better idea on the numbers behind the suggestions.

This can also be used as an alternative to there not being a down or "no" vote option on other suggestions.

If you want to add your feedback, please comment below.

234 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminRick - " Ic3man2k" (Community Manager, Crytek) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

97 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • p47hfind3r commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I personally hate the fact that picking up bounties just inherently removes any stealth from the game. You can always see where the bounties are on the map, and those who pick up the bounties are practically immune to a well-thought out ambush if they use DSB well.

There's quite a bit of time between starting the banish and it finishing...and if a team is not able to get across to that point before it finishes, then that's their fault for not searching for clues and narrowing down the location. And if the team that picks up the bounties are booking it to an extraction, then they're bound to set off one of the many sound traps in the game, allowing other hunters to figure out where they're going.

And then there's always 3 extraction points, so a smart team should be able to avoid being camped at an extraction point, by maybe not going for the most obvious one. And people will stop camping if it's too much of a gamble to ambush an extraction point over trying to engage them closer to the boss.

I just think there's better ways to allow hunters to track down the bounties other than literally giving them waypoints on a map, and giving the bounty-carriers wall-hack.

• TheQuietLife commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you consider removing dark sight boost, then you must remove the lightning also to keep it fair. Before you know it, you've redesigned the whole game.

• Specter1882 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we at the very least get 1 contract that does not have the DSB? Just 1 contract...

• Ashes2Ashes94 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I got mixed feelings about this. It helps balance the fact that you light up like a christmas tree when you pick up a bounty. But it seems a little strong.

• HittnGaudi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am 100% for removing the Darksight Boost! It's ******* annoying and not good for the gameplay. Hunters with bountys should also not been seen on the map, it destroys a lot of the "secret" of the game. For me it's cool that you don't know how much alive, where they are.. and this two things destroy it a lot!

• FlakmonkeY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While I don't agree with players that want to remove it entirely, I understand the criticism that the location given by the DSB is too precise (Even if I don't feel like that personally).
    A great way to improve the DSB might be to replace it by "pings". You go into Darksight, push the DSB button and you give of a ping, revealing the direction of enemy Hunters with an orange clue marker cloud, like MD_Whooves suggested.

• MD_Whooves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Alternative to current boost.
    Instead of orange silhouette, have enemy hunters appear as orange particles, like a scaled down version of the clues. This can give you a general direction and distance (within reason, not across the map!), without the obvious "shoot-here" target.
    Maybe have the Bounty-Carriers highlighted similarly, so long as they have the boost active. Otherwise, the lightning is all the enemy gets?

• AdyN0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should have been a game where you have very little information so why do we need darkside boost or to see on the map those who have the bounty? Remove all of this! If you really want to show some information you can show where is the bounty by showing the area ( Davant Ranch for example.... but you have to go and look for it if you want it ) and not show exactly the spot of the bounty!

• MistahDapper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The bounty holders needs the boost because everyone knows where you are all the time from anywhere on the map, dark site works for only 150 meters, it is necessary

• Stabilis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have mixed feelings about it, on the one hand it's made the pace faster which some people like, but I do not prefer it, matches end way too quickly. On the other it's reduced the easy camping, now (like in reality) you have to pick a good "tree stand" and make that one shot you get count. I honestly think it should stay, but it needs more refinement, I'll post what I think will work in the other thread.

• Paisa277 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

KEEP DARKSIGHT PLEASE! It is fine as is, people wanting to remove it just want to camp exits again.

• Wolfofthemoon21 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

to the one that said hunt not camp have you ever been camping? when you hunt you literally that is why you buy a tree stand if you just run all over the place you aren't going to find what you are looking for. this is how ACTUAL hunting occurs. Find a spot you know where your target goes.....wait......wait....wait.... see target......kill target....

• Fatmayor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe make the lightning marking the bounty carriers less frequent and/or less accurate (possibly once every 20 seconds, potentially with multiple bolts to mark the general area and not right over the carrier's head), and at the same time, the carriers get a ping notifying them how many people are nearby. I think only knowing incomplete information would make camping less worthwhile and force carriers to be more cautious and rush less.

• Gremlin62 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I for one don't have a problem with DSB , but the boss should not spawn before all hives have been captured. I would also like to see a prone position available for the hunter, would make the hunt more challenging. All that said, I think the DEVS are doing a good job tweaking the game!

• eskandaer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Crytek, you created a shooter with:
    (1) extremely dense terrain and large maps (limiting engagements);
    (2) sound traps/pve elements that can give away positions;
    (3) permadeath/loss of progress on death (high risk);
    (4) not so functional economy where bounty reward is not very high vs investment (low reward); and
    (5) 1 hour long match limits.

And then you guys say your game has a camping problem? That players are playing too slow? That you need another system to encourage aggression and protect those 'risking' themselves for bounty? Do you guys understand game design?

If you wanted to make a quick deathmatch or typical battle royale game, that would've been something to bring up earlier in the dev cycle.

What you had before DSB was a complex tactical playground with a unique and innovative offering in this crowded marketplace. It was asymmetric and full of tension for those daring to run the bounty ('hunter becomes the hunted' ring a bell?). Many games played out differently because players had more choice in how they played. It was unfair, brutal, and I (and many others) loved it. Absolutely thrilling.

But then you mucked it all up with DSB. I don't know if it was a c-level guy that doesn't play games looking with greed at fortnite/PUBG's player-base; maybe a junior/mid level guy that is trying to manufacture an effect to be on the up and up; but it is clear to me that this is a poorly thought out bandage on top of a concept that doesn't support it.

Right now with DSB, you have:
    --hour long matches that are fully resolved in 10/15 minutes.
    --sound traps that serve no purpose -- no point in wasting the time
    --an asymmetric advantage that actually reduces players' willingness to engage instead of encouraging
    --terrain and game mode that would be a perfect playground for HUNTING players, but is now pointless with DSB
    --absolute destruction of the thrill of the game; no longer is the bounty carrier the underdog gunning against the odds and the rest of the map
    --a game that has thrown its' unique value offerings under the bus in trying to look like the rest of the pack

The game in its' current state is not the game I bought. My friends and I don't play it anymore -- it is too dull.

The type of games people play is subjective; I like some games that others won't. Others like games that I won't. But when a game tries too hard to please all of us to expand its potential buyers, it risks losing its core concept and focus. And will simply be mediocre.

And that is what Showdown is now (can't rightfully call it Hunt anymore); just a mediocre game with no consistent vision. Expect a mediocre player base.

• Ceceli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My flawless idea of how it should be: when a hunter bans the boss, a lightening strikes the place for 2 seconds. If players see it, they can choose to run there. If they don't see it, well, that's too bad. Use your senses and follow the sound from where you heard it. Also, make the clues be still available even after the boss has already been banned. This way there wouldn't be no wallhack for either players, the guy with the bounty and the guy persuing the bounty. It's the perfect solution.

• Calamarik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally think DSB is legit. Without it I wouldn't take the risk of hunting down and banishing the monster just to be picked like a flower after that by some campers.
    I had a game last night and even with DSB I got pinned down by two players who outsmarted me by blocking one of the two exits I had.

• CyberWolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is supposed to be a hunting game, and the banishing phase already does a great job of forcing PVP and letting everyone know where the guys are. The lightning was a bad idea in the start, as it made it so actually attacking during banishing was foolish and catching them on the road from a bush was easy. The Darksight boost fixes this, but then also makes the hunters with the bounty far too powerful and allows them to use it to seek the second bounty if available.

It is called "HUNT" showdown, a game with this incredible noise system and emphasis on stealth should not turn into a battle royale when you actually play the objective. Let the hunters with the bounty escape AND BE HUNTED by other players, who will have to guess, listen, and actually try to hunt the bounty holders.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base