Let’s hear your ideas:

ADAD

How about creating a "stamina pool" to help reduce ADAD spam. Just like running/jumping/melee? After so long, or so many direction shifts it lowers the stamina to a point that the ADAD spam becomes slower.

209 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

CausticDWH shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

71 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Bigus. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

inertia based movement while nice on paper, makes the game much less dynamic and fun, favoring a slow, methodical, boring, camp centered playstyle. we are now unable to make plays based on quick peeking and out shooting people already in position by using superior aim, reflexes, intelligence etc. Basically it rewards camping and lowers the skill cap to that of a sub 100 player with maybe 10-20 hours of game play. noob status. the best way to fix this is to have a system of diminishing returns, or stamina based ADAD movement where after 3-4 quick strafes you start to get tired etc. which is especially important on the new Lawson Delta because of how open it is. there is virtually no counter play once you have been hit which makes for a poor gaming experience. the stamina based system should satisfy everyone not just the newbs or unskilled ones who haven't put in the hours to figure out the weapon mechanics or gun ranges to be able to counter the so called ADAD spam, which any skilled player can counter fairly easily. my question for the developers is...why add things like "dark sight boost" to counter camping, and then turn around and introduce systems like inertia based movement that basically forces people to camp again? has anyone thought of this? camping may be a smart strategy in some cases, but it does not equate to skillful game play. people need to be able to have the options or the ability to excel with skill and intelligence in order to have a fun gaming experience. not to mention its why people watch streamers...to learn to get better and to see exciting big plays. 3.0 hurts streamers and leaves no room for growth. instead of a game that forces you to get better which rewards you in turn, it simply limits people with a skill cap so the under achievers, new players, and handicapped people don't have to feel bad for not being as good....hunt is becoming a participation reward game not a skill based game. he who camps longer wins the fight. its very disappointing to see this happen to the game I love. the vast majority of the people who are against ADAD spam are most likely not dedicated players anyway and will just move on to another game shortly after making a brief stop to hurt the development of it before moving on, leaving the hardcore dedicated players with a bland, sad version of a game that once held potential for greatness and burned out like the rest of the games that the community influenced "TOO MUCH." if someone has less that 500 hours invested in this game (which is very low considering the time it takes to gain the knowledge it takes to actually build skill in this game) developers shouldn't even consider IMO because these people lack sufficient time/knowledge/skill/data to even make an informed opinion on this game.

• Crying_Dragon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ASAD spam removal only slowed speed of the game. Which were developers doing from the start. I enjoy atmosphere of HUNTING even more now.

I dont get sniped too often, because before i start running from cover i must look around and plan my way through.

Before I start shooting i must plan escape route.

ASAD give you option to kill two players easily. But your teamate should get your back. U have other gadgets to compensate 2 v 1, and u must plan ahead. When you are solo u must play carefully, but what is bad about that?

This is not speeding,rushing, rocket-jumping game.

The gliding was weird at the start, but got rly fast used to it. And i have no issue with now.

on the test server now 11-2-18, the movement still feels like garbage, slogging/rollerblading through mud is the best analogy. you still can't quick peek like you should be able to in order to out shoot people, and because its so easy to shoot the slow moving targets now it makes soloing even harder than it was before when you are already at a disadvantage. people camp more now and just wait for the easy to hit slow moving targets that cant even get to cover in the wide open areas. all people need to do is camp because they have way too much advantage now with no quick peeking. its very annoying to have your skill limited because other people can aim so they need more predictable slower movements to get kills rather than intelligence and learning to get better. the only movement you can rely on with this new movement system is forward, so you have to literally choo choo train around which still doesnt really help you much because you have to give your enemies your back the whole time, simply giving them more opportunities to kill you with an easy shot. i dont care if you limit adad in terms of how many times you can use it before it diminishes, but don't remove the ability to quick peek or make plays because that ruins the whole game, it also means you have to re balance all the weapons because spammable weapons are even more powerful now like the dolche in particular.

• kisbiflos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tried version 3.0. The new movement feels nice, I feel what other are talking about (the icyness) but I am used to it because of other games. Now that we can not zig-zag like madment, I feel like the sprinting animation needs to be updated. The characters needs to move his head more, currently it is way too easy to score a head shot on sprinting players. The current sprinting animation looks way too stiff. When humans sprint in real life, their head is moving side to side up and down.

Why?

Because now it is very, very hard to cross huge open fields and just about equal to suicide if the enemy has a "bunker" and he already spotted you.

another way to nerf ADAD is stimply to add a stall or stagger when you are hit while strafing like there should be. right now I can kill someone with a melee weapon and they still follow through with their swing and finish me off, this shouldn't be happening, especially when im hitting him with a larger caliber weapon. the amount of bullet stagger should be ammo based as well. since a Winfield can hit more times than say an uppercut or vetterli, the amount of stagger should be less since its the same in real life. its hard to hit a moving target with a gun in real life, but when you hit them they are going to be affected by it. try to approach it from this perspective and not making people slowly rollerblade or ice skate around. as a solo player I want to still have the potential of outplaying and out positioning multiple targets based on intelligent game play, and not just make it easy for the duo teams to camp or double team since its already an uphill battle. you are hampering not just movement, you are hampering a persons SKILL.

the movement feels way too much like roller blading, the current movement feels more crisp and natural. also people still need to be able to quickly peek in order to out play and out shoot opponents already in position. without being able to quick peek you need to add a leaning system like PUBG, BUT I DO NOT WANT THAT. the way things are now is perfect in terms of peeking. 3.0 movement promotes camping and makes gap closing and repositioning too hard for people who wish to outplay and outsmart their opponents. a stamina based system would work better than 3.0 movement, or simply make it so that you can move side to side quickly as long as you aren't moving forward while moving side to side. this will allow you to peek but not adad spam where you can run up and just knife someone who cant hit you. 3.0 movement is terrible and needs addressing.

• dnepr_Step commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It fills like a "cow on the ice".
    Its good idea to nerf ADAD spam, but now its feel not good.
    But i think this is right way.

• snakeinthegrass commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

[from an experienced players perspective]

I just recently tested 3.0 on the test servers, and while I am happy with most changes on there, I have some major concerns about the ADAD topic.

When it comes to ADAD spam, you have to look at it from both perspectives. You cannot have ADAD be overpowered, to the point that you cannot land a shot on someone doing ADAD, it's just too fast and unpredictable. And you cannot have your movement be so limited you feel as though you're a snail. So where's the middle? While I feel the 3.0 update is taking a step in the right direction, the update made player movement a little too slow. Maybe if values were adjusted between 2.5 and 3.0's value's for speed, there would be a good middle.

Also, in 3.0 there is the "sliding" phenomenon people are mentioning, like as if you're moving on ice. This is a problem, I believe should be fixed. It is not natural in movement.

Lastly, in regard to the changes to jumping, they're fine, but i have a big problem with the way that when you jump multiple times in a row, it slows ALL movement, instead of JUST ADAD spam. This is almost like the mosin/vetterli bug where you would get stuck in a walking animation during a re-bolt. This should not effect a player trying to sprint in a straight line.

All in all, I believe this is a step in the right direction, but mistakes were made, and things are a little drastic in their current state.

Thank you. :)

• nick2517 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So i have played the test sever 3.0 The inertia movement is a step in the right direction. BUT I feel like I'm sliding slightly.

• rossignoble commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cool nerf ADAD is a nice idea no more rush we can camp on a house with a shoot gun and wait ! great more campers on the road for what ??

1- Because unstead learning how preshoot and you need it !! yes you need it, they are no bulet drop but instead we have a bullet time every bullet have a speed

2-Save a burning friend will be more harder how kill other player fast enought when you dont have a quick move

3- more campers its funny because nobody like campers but now the first shoot will certainly decide who won the fight best option wait and let see if some come

so you nerf the adad spam for what ? stupid melee weapon ? a mechanic gun fight was nerf because some players play with a mele weapon funny because ITS A NOT A GUN
    why just not disable it knife and bayonette and combat axe are enought and harder to hit

Dont forget its your fault crytek making tier 0 with machette+an other weapon what did you think 4 choice :
    romero 77+ machette or the 3 other same weapon machette+the stupid wood stick on the nagant

now i think we can rename the game campers showdown or maybe crouch simulator behind a tree

any way keep listening whiner and loose more players you need it

but for me nerf ADAD is not the solution you make a mistake with mellee weapon find an other solution like disable the power charge when you get hit

but do what you want for me its done tired to get killed by cheater easy anticheat big joke i see more cheater in this game than PUBG funny for a game with 2000-3000 player per day, tired to see players waiting at the spawn 20 min and check the extraction for steal a bounty

• d10sk0ur01 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the reply, this is very important. Youcould also allow to Slow down for 3 to 5 seconds those that get shot to the legs.
    It would make Tactical gaming (FPS) much more tactical and it would be something cool to introduce.

• kisbiflos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Extra sway while strafing would be a pretty good solution along with slower strafe speed while ADS-ing. Then again if these are implemented then we need leaning with Q and E in the game. Obviously in a way that those can not be spammed either (Red Orchestra games are a good example). We would not want to change ADAD spam to QEQE spam, lol.

• Lesrah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you lost the ADAD fight your gonna lose even harder after they change the strafing. You are all complaining but it is so easy to beat ADAD spamm. It is a pattern, and all patterns are predictable. I barely miss shots on people that ADAD.

• freeart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just watched the last developer live stream where you shown a WIP video of the ADAD spam fix. You said you weren't satisfied yet because you don't want to make it sluggish (which it seemed to be in the video).
    That's why I suggest you to take a look at how Dice addresses/addressed this issue in BFV (and slightly in BF1 before). For BFV (during the alpha/beta) they made this change: (I give you an example) hold A> press and hold D (short inertia)>If you press again A the inertia/mobility is much slower. IIRC they as well increase the acceleration to run from an immobile position.

• Obersuchti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that aiming should be way more unprecise when you walk like for example in counterstrike . The speed of walking should also be slowed a bit while aiming

• grunt170 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add weapons sway. not just left and right but up and down as well. currently weapons sway doesn't effect anything.

I suggest they slow your strafing way the **** down when you aim from the hip and iron sights/scope. Thats the meta of gun fights at the moment. ADAD spamming. Their bullet travel mechanic is actually ruined. As a player you can't really master different bullet types/guns when your movement is to fast. Gun fights feel more like luck then skill.

Or every time you aim your weapon either from hip/ADS your movment is slowed down.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base