Let’s hear your ideas:

Remove free hunters

Free hunters completely undermine the principle of "losing everything on death." Players who invest $900 into their loadout take a gamble with their money and play the game seriously. They should not be matched with OR against players who are not investing into their hunters. Free hunters should be matched with and against other free hunters only or the system should be reverted to where players care about their hunters and must sell their belongings when reaching bankruptcy. The free hunter feature is a massive problem and its effects are clearly not fully realized.

13 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

stfupls shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ambrotos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What happens when you run out of money, and lose a round? Are you just gonna make someone run around as air? You gotta have some way to keep them playing the game, whilst keeping money an issue. If you wanna go out as a free hunter, with A) no heals and B) not a lot of explosives and what not, then go for it.

• KT_Elwood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the game got it very right. It's not a Barbie's dress up game, you go for the gear that suits your skill and playstyle...if you drop back to winchester wielding $0 Hunters...well maybe that's your level. I personaly (level 35, no prestige) can not justify taking anything over the winchester, since I need lots of ammo and ROF in my fights. The mosin i looted I lost instantly to a terrible fight with random dogs...

Since the playerbase is small as it is, i'd rather not split it up any further.

• tigerija commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe there should be free hunter only if you die many times in a row and/or if you are low on money.

Its more bothersome to get a new hunter, buy a weapon, equip, and so on...

• PurpleFanta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd say I disagree.
    You cant get traits on free hunters.
    I recently had a guy go through 3 games after pretesting and had a mosin + dolch I looted from another player, but I still couldnt get any traits at level 36 so he was still pretty eh.

There's more upcoming ways to upgrade hunters as well, I'm sure when those come out, free hunters will feel even weaker to a veteran hunter

• Kayos85 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ive noticed I play the game differently too. I just spent a few hours only playing freebies. If I died, no big deal, if I got a kill, loot their weapon and gain a free upgrade. There was no risk at all. Maybe only have the option to recruit a free hunter if you have less than a certain amount of money? Also I found myself recruiting hunters only to unequipe them for the free inventory. I'd then dismiss the unarmed guy play a game a do the same. It was all cool at first but then I realized hunt wasn't tense anymore. I dont care about my hunters like I did before.

Feedback and Knowledge Base