What can we do with the enemy AI?

Fix Hellhounds

Currently Hellhounds do an excessive amount of damage - often 2 and a half full bars.

This wouldn't be too bad, but their attack animations and ability to attack is poorly implemented. They are often able to attack through fences and walls or are uninterruptable in their attack motions.

Lower their damage and clean up their attacks to be more reasonable and less bugged.

30 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Lead_Paint shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • G-Man92 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been killed by them maybe like once, and I have played a crazy amount of time. No offense, but...get good.

• holmesc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like **** hounds for being fast and high damage. Really puts the fear in you.

I'd be okay if they reworked some of the attack animations though.

**** hounds are not a threat if they just pinch half a small bar away from you. They're easy to kill but they are fast.

• Stabilis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

May need some animation work, but otherwise I think they're awesome. I honestly wish them and other monsters did more damage.

• Shakaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like how much Hellhounds are a threat.

I don't think their damage should be lowered. They deal about 50 HP (maybe 60 HP) damage normally.

If you are crouching and they bite you in the face (a.k.a. head hit) they deal an excessive damage.

So do not crouch when you fight them. Or just kill them before they get to you.

Yeah, biting through walls/fences is a bug, that should be fixed. For now, you know it's a bug, so do not expect to be protected by walls and fences from the Hellhounds.

Feedback and Knowledge Base