Enemy AI

In this forum, you can share all of your thoughts and suggestions on Enemy AI. Do you love the Armored and hate the Hive? Love the Meathead but want more leeches? This is the place to tell us.

What can we do with the enemy AI?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Hellhounds need a nerf

Hellhounds are way too strong and way too fast at the moment and they need to be nerfed asap.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The Fouke Monster...

"The Fouke Monster is named after the town of Fouke, Arkansas. Sightings have been reported since the 1940s, with a whole slew of sightings between 1970 and 1974. The Fouke Monster is a 7 to 10 foot tall ape-man with long shaggy hair and bright red eyes. It also has a foul odor. An attack on Bobby and Elizabeth Ford in 1971 sparked a frenzy of monster hunting. Three-toed footprints were found around the area, but later exposed as a hoax. The attack by an unknown animal on the Ford family inspired a movie entitled The Legend of Boggy Creek."

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Crows get triggered trough Walls and Roofs

This just feels bad because there is no way they can see you and you them. Should be changed.

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. STALKING CREATURES

It would be real neat to have some sort of creature in the swamps or in the woods that stalks you very quietly waiting for the right opportunity to strike after a certain amount of time. They're very fast and it's impossible to outrun them, the only way to get rid of them is to kill them. CREATURE IDEAS: Vampire, (not the stupid count Dracula from the movies but the starved glowing eyed fiendish ones) A really thin bony monster that skulks around quietly, maybe a child that is some weird demon and is disgusting looking? I don't know, just…

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I wish we could find a monster of short stature.

So, maybe it would be cool to find some monster of short stature like a child for example, which can run really fast and surprice to players from anywhere. I think mostly it would be cool to find them in big buildings or undergrounds. It does not have to have a lot of health but it should have high aguility that could make more harder to kill it. This should make more intense gameplay and maybe some scarejumps :D.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please let the Boss leave his arena.

I really appreciate the design and general tone of the dens, but even the most detailed and well animated monster ceases to scare anyone if the boss fight is degraded into a shooting gallery.
    It would be an improvement to get chased out of Town.
    (Or at least being unable to do damage unless you're in it's den)

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Attack of dangerous dogs released from prison

When you shoot a prison in which the dogs are trapped, the dog is released and quickly attack and interfere with the nearest hunter.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. NO REST FOR THE WICKED

A spirit of vengeance, similar to the blue shell mechanic from our favourite Go-Kart racing games. Hear me out:

This game is PVE focused, but is heavily overshadowed by PVP elements. The game itself needs to react more to a player's decisions, especially with regard to one another.

Apart from bragging rights, killing other hunters really gets you nothing other than experience points. There is a reason for that... you're hunting monsters; killing another player is still in-game murder haha!

Here is where the Enemy-AI comes into play. Once the Boss is banished and the bounty becomes available, the players…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. SPIDER STUN ?

We can stun the butcher to burst him and deal a lot of dommage but why we can't on spider, she is to strong and fast we need a way to stun her like hit her in legs drop it down, or put him in the light with flashlight stun her for a second .
    The spider is frustrating to fight because she is realy fast, running every where and not so squishy, if you"re in a room with a second floor she is longer to kill than butcher .
    (sorry for my bad english, hope you understand ^^)

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The Handler

A big, tanking man wrangling a big group of the rabid dogs, can coordinate them to sniff out like blood-hounds and attack you when you are trying to hide, turns into an even bigger dog-monster to fight after his pack is slain and half his health is taken. Can either be a boss, or random rambling enemy around the map

Since it's Louisiana, it's safe to assume that the "plague" was taking over normal folks, and this one just so happened to hunt raccoons with dogs when he was alive.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Mosquitos

Insects like big mosquitos that live in the big hives in the Barn.
    The Mosquitos are getting attracted when a bleeding hunter is nearby or a lightsource like a electric- or Oillamp(At nighttime)
    They only attack when the get disturbed
    Beeing stung by them should cause bleeding damage or a poison effect

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. New Monster idea

I saw this comment on youtube and thought I'd rehearse it here (not verbatim):
    Some sort of werewolf like creature (he suggested a zombified 3 headed cerebus creature, but said a regular old werewolf/lichen would work)
    Unique hunting system for it: Rather than searching for clues: "...he doesn’t stay in one location, rather, he moves around the map and hunts you as well. He has a similar style to the spider in that he is quick but uses guerrilla warfare.
    ...you can’t kill him outright if you find him—you can only wither him down and force him to flee, if…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. More aggressive zombie NPC

I feel that the AI currently that is something which is just there and you walk around it. I would like to see the zombie standard NPC AI faster and more aggressive on sight to make to really play the element of stealth better like a hunter.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Rabid Demon Bear

Add a single rabid bear that wanders the entire map and sniffs out players. Once it catches the scent of a player it will close in slowly until within charging range where it would let out a hellish roar and chase down any players.

- If a player is bleeding, A Demon Bear will sniff them out from a further distance

- If a Demon Bear manages to grab a player, it will proceed to maul them to death until it is killed itself.

- A Mauled player can be heard screaming from great distances

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. prevent exploiting pathing of monsters.

give enemies like the butcher some kind of range attack like a hook that pulls you toward it or throwing hatchets. Right now its too easy to just hide ontop of something and shoot him making him a non threat.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Dead hunters becoming monsters

Would be pretty interesting if around the boss spawn areas or even clue points there would be dead hunter style monsters with increased ability's making for more of a challenge.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Flys are overpowered

Sometimes fly attack me out of nowhere, and they arenway overpowered. They attacked me with two big HP bars and they killed me. I try to kill them with my machete, but they are just overpowered. Instead of a lot of litte fly I would like maybe like one big Fly you can actually hit.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hellhounds

Way too OP at the moment and spawn in large groups sometimes too, I encountered five in one place and that was the end for me :D they are stronger then any other mob you encounter except for the big fat one. And they are faster. And there are more than of them.

This needs to be adjusted. 20 xp is peanuts for them considering how threatening they are.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base