Enemy AI

In this forum, you can share all of your thoughts and suggestions on Enemy AI. Do you love the Armored and hate the Hive? Love the Meathead but want more leeches? This is the place to tell us.

What can we do with the enemy AI?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. A monster that hunts campers

Because there are TOO MANY CAMPERS in this game, when a player is camping for much time in one place then a hidden clock count should trigger and a warning should start that says to the player to move beacause a creature that SPECIFICALY hunts campers smelled him , found his position and start hunting him. The monster can be killed but beacause of the sounds the camper is finally revealed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Alpha **** Hound?

Since there are **** hounds located around the map , how about fighting an alpha hellhound ? The den will have least 4 -5 hellhounds to fight it with or the alpha hellhound can summon it upon howling on cooldown. Just an idea.. what do you guys think? I feel its pretty badass to fight a giant hellhound.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Boo Hag

According to the legend, Boo Hags are similar to vampires. Unlike vampires, they gain sustenance from a person's breath, as opposed to their blood, by riding their victims.[1][2][3]
    They have no skin, and thus are red. In order to be less conspicuous, they will steal a victim's skin and use it for as long as it holds out, wearing it as one might wear clothing. They will remove and hide this skin before going riding.
    When a hag determines a victim is suitable for riding, the hag will generally gain access to the home through a small *****, crevice, or…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. tree monster

a small monster ho live at tree can jump and attack you very fast but can die with 1 hit

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make boss randomly (1 in 10 perhaps?) leave its "nest" for a small charge, then come back

So, I've been noticing people using the "lurking" technique to fight the boss, that is: shooting it from just outside it's zone, so the spider/butcher will get as close as the limit possible, then turn back.

This causes the boss fights to be, well, easy and predictable.

The idea is, that, perhaps, one every 10 times (or any other randomly number you'd like), the boss will make a little charge outside of it's zone, hit the players (or not, if they are quick to back), then rapidly come back to it's original zone.

This, to my knowledge, will make boss…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. AI need to be drawn more to sound.

I'm fine with the current easily sneaking around AIs. However, I think that they should be drawn great distances toward sounds. Especially when someone is fighting the boss, if all the nearby mobs started heading toward all that gun fire, it might make it more difficult for people to just camp the boss spawn area since they will have loads of AI to deal with, and presents new trouble for the people trying to escape as well.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Smarter AI, make it a PVEVP

I get that right now all the monsters are there as obstacles in the way of the player reaching the final boss/other players. However, I was thinking that this doesn't mean they have to be very weak.

One thing I noticed earlier was the AI being totally non responsive to damage. I shot one of them, he didn't die, but neither did he or the one next to him charge me or my teammate. They just stood there like they weren't aggroed at all.

Maybe make the AI respond to noise tokens, in the vein of Zombicide zombies. They will…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Lovecraftian horror

Cult mob surrounded by a being with a cloak. If you get close he reveals his face which is tentacles and many eyes, causes the hunter to be stunned for a few seconds. It can cast spells like tentacles coming from dark vortexes to trap the hunter. The hunter then has to attack and struggle to break free. The other hunters can cut down the tentacles to free the trapped hunter faster. Can spawn other horrors periodically by sacrificing the cultist causing them to explode and the remains form the horror. It could do this to damaged cultist that retreat…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I like to illustrate my ideas, basically you guys at crytek could open up an option to submit boss monster ideas , I already have some ideas

Since I illustrate basically every idea that comes to mind, I would like to share my visual depictions of some theoretical ideas, which can be implemented into future designs of some cliche stereotypical monsters , therefor making them a little more interesting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Siren type creature

Not sure of the design and not as a boss but from what I have observed it’s very easy to avoid ordinary monsters and even the specials like the hive. Currently most of these creatures are more nuisances than a threat, so some balancing might be good here. Also adding a creature that you REALLY want to avoid would be good. Maybe a concept like a siren that makes a really loud noise when aggravated and can lure over other creatures in the area who also become enraged.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Revealing information about AI creatures in the world

I have a proposal regarding of all of the mobs in a game, more precisely - gathering information about them. For example, imagine it as a book where the right side should be

the name of the monster and which weapon is best to use for an efektive kill. However, there is a trick. This information is not shown immediately; instead information is

being added every time you kill this particular zombie/boss with a new weapon. Therefore you can collect useful information about those creatures, for example how many killed,

most used weapons etc. There can also be a pre-history…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Random and/or triggered encounters.

Random and/or triggered encounters.

Certain events should trigger mini boss fights to throw you off your game and pick up a slow game.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Minion Summoning

Perhaps if fighting bosses such as The Butcher or The Spider can be too easy for the players, maybe we can add minions as to help defend the bosses. Specific minions will be summoned depending upon specific bosses. For example, The Spider itself can summon smaller spiders on which their sole purpose is to bite and poison the players, albeit they are easily killed. Or perhaps The Butcher can summon hounds to increase the chaos of the fight. Upon losing all minions, the boss itself will summon more additional minions.

Perhaps this feature can be implemented on higher level contracts…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. SPIDER BOSS: keeps running same route...

maybe it should be like this but i think it would be much better, the boss stays at his spot until he get attacked or spots an enemy player. killed him while staying outside of the building and only attack through the door while he keeps doing his routine.

sry 4 my bad english but i hope you understand what i am talking about :)

greetz

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Spider Boss able to be at two places at once ?

Spider boss should only be able to jump on one player at a time. During fight while talking to co player we notice he can be on top of us at the same time ....doesn't make sense and takes away of the fun when your co player baits him while you can shoot him.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Increase the danger of monsters

let the AI react on noises like shots, when the raven fly away or you step into glass. Let em also react on when you camp in a radius next to them that they can "smell" you. Probably also increase the Number of Monsters and let it be nearly impossible to just run away from the monsters cause it nearly make them useless on the map. Make the Monsters a real Threat that would be very addictive to the gameplay because you need to care for both The monsters and the players ! They also shouldnt die from 2 melee…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Longer distance from the AI spawning point

I had a bad first start. got killed by something while the game was loading up and basically was dead before I even saw light of day. Not fun spawning dead at all . That was 77 cash for a hunter that will never had a chance of taking his first steps

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Crows fly away if you passed them already - Should be fixed

If you sneaked around them and start sprinting again they fly away even if you are running away from them and are pretty far. This not really makes sense.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 9 10 11 13 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base