Enemy AI

In this forum, you can share all of your thoughts and suggestions on Enemy AI. Do you love the Armored and hate the Hive? Love the Meathead but want more leeches? This is the place to tell us.

What can we do with the enemy AI?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Allow spider to grab and pull people camping in doorway entrance (me in every game) into the lair

As a complete arachnophobe, I think it would be a good idea for those camping in the doorways (which I do in every game whilst my friend goes in and kills the spider) to be dragged by the spider into the lair. Also, i think it would be a good idea to not announce the spider fight until it attacks you first to up the anxiety. Just thoughts :D

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Wendigo (native Folklore)

Wendigo boss(Native American folklore)
    My idea of what it could do is first it is they spawn in the forest (natural habitat), very agile (can hop on trees disappear and attack unsuspecting hunter and/or to retreat for a second and attack ( similar to the spider), very fast, very strong (similar to the butcher),weak to fire, mimic a person whether it be sound or an actual hunter ( if possible)

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. WATER DEVILS REWORK.

Water devils are momre sneaky, they are almost not apparant if they are not triggered by a player and when they are, they come to you without making any noises to get you by suprise.

When they do get you, they stun you and the player start to scream and almost cannot move until they fight against the devils (holding F), when the player free themself, they are leave with bleeding damage and the water devils will be stunned a little before attacking again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. ENEMY AI SHOULDN'T DISAPPEAR WHEN YOU KILL THEN

We all know that PCs corpses don't disappear, it should be the same the AI because it would allow us to track other hunters by observing the trail of death left for then. It may seem silly but it's all about the hunting experience provided by the slightest details.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Dead Hunters have a 10 or 20% chance to become a Monster/NPC.

If you kill a Hunter or he dies there is a window of five minutes where the hunter could potentially turn into a zombie.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enemies can grab you, but equipped with sidearm blade auto saves you

Spider can tackle you for damage and poison, but would take damage if equipped with blade along with animation of slashing or stabbing.

Add grab animation to meathead, armored, unarmed zombies, dogs, water devil to create more panic in encounters, but allow auto animation of breaking free with sidearm blade. Adds an additional benefit to carrying a blade. More damage and time taken to break free if just a knife equipped.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. New Monster AI: Undead Hunters

A New Enemy: Undead Hunters .

Not burning downed enemy Hunters, will make them rise up again (maybe, doesn't have to be always the case) after the Bounty has been picked up (debatable on what the 'trigger(s)' is/are for them to rise up) and hunt down their killer, or the Bounty Carriers.
    They will use one of the two Weapons they carried when they were still alive as Players, and play according to a playstyle that fits the weapon (Flank + Rush with Machete , Fire and Move with Rifle, Flank and Push with Shotgun, etc etc)

They will have…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. AI react to microphone use.

AI react to microphone input.

219 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 169 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. New Bounty target the "Scare Crow"

Possessed by Demons the tall standing figure stalks its prey while terrifying perusing hunters with in the zone with Loud shrieks and the pace at which it moves towards the hunters.

Being able to damage hunters with the Large sickle it holds in its straw hand, while having the ability to shriek which dazes hunters in the area (blurring their screens) and having a ranged attack where it sends crows flying at the player (kamikaze style). The sickle should also have a chance of causing bleeding damage.

Weaknesses can obviously be fire (that's a given).

I think the noise the…

84 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Roaming boss/Group

To add on to the other posts mentioning roaming bosses, I think that a group of demon hunters or maybe "protectors" that will try to hunt down the player or protect the actual boss. To be more clear the demon hunters could maybe be your previous hunters who had been killed and are now working against you and could even be zombified or have a piercing red glow in their eyes that make the player feel much less safe and secure when roaming the map. The reason for this suggestion is because I feel that the only real threat now…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Butcher cant die if he blows up a barrel

Butcher killed himself with an by blowing up a red barrel, i lost the bounty for killing him...

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Money / XP bonus based on how many seconds of Dark Sight Boost you have left on leaving map

Make it so that you get a money/XP bonus at the end of a round based on how many seconds of Dark Sight you have not used.

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Water devil as a single enemy

After reading the point blank blog post;

https://www.huntshowdown.com/news/point-blank-there-s-something-in-the-water

I realized I was far more terrified of the single worm design than the mass of worms design currently in the game. People always joke about it being the tentacle monster (not realizing it's supposed to be a swarm of small worms). It wouldn't have to go back to being the big monster in the original concept art, but more like the smaller ones in the later renderings.

Or maybe even a single worm with several much smaller worms swimming around and in close proximity to it to keep with the swarm…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hordes & Hellhounds

* Instead of hellhounds roaming in packs, 1-3 hellhounds should accompany grunts.

* Increase the number of grunts in a group (aka hordes) to 6-9.

With these changes, the player will have to consider evasion & dusters more often when hordes get agitated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. SUVIVE THE NIGHTMARE, WEEKEN EVENT.

player will have to make it through the map getting guns and equipments to survive the nightmare to get to an specific extraction point, bullet will be very limited and moster very letal, add also more moster like werewolf or witches. only playable at nights, not for cowers

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. New boss , don't make it trapped on a building

a beast like the wendigo , hunters can chase the beast but the hunter can be the prey too , like the wendigo lore , a monster moving on the map that chases his prey if make to much noises or if it bleed. 

or a new area , a forest where that monster live , if the hunter enter that forest they can track the beast you need to use dark sight to see paw print and track the monster , and so the fight do not have to be inside of a building , make a Forest big…

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. NEW BOSS: THE UNDERTAKER

I imagine this boss being like a ghost/ethereal one.
    He will be moving around the site in ghost mode for a few seconds, and then he will become visible and vulnerable to shots for a few seconds.
    It would be awesome if he can summon some grunts from the underworld to make it more difficult

For example:
    Ghost mode could be from 5 to 10 seconds (the exact time will be determined by a RNG code in the programming phase)
    Visible mode could be from 3 to 5 seconds.

PD IMPORTANT:
    I think that bosses needs some mechanics to make…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hellhound sort of buff and retweeking

Hellhounds should be able to jump over the smaller fences, adds more of a challenge in the game, and fix how they are able to attack through a fence( I could be on the other side of a big fence and there face goes through it and hits me)

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base