User Interface

In this forum, you can share all of your thoughts and suggestions about the user interface, from the functionality to the layout to the aesthetic.

Let’s hear your ideas:

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. The Town

Get this main menu ********* out of here.

When I boot up the game, immerse me with a civilized town populated with a handful of random players and NPC's. Let me approach the scroll that my Bloodline's stained across. Let me burst into the saloon to browse my Hunters. Let me purchase my weapons and equipment from a Store with an honest hardworking entrepreneur like Herbert Moon. Let me peruse the very few books lain on the only bookshelf in town the NPC's humbly refer to as the Library.

That obviously covers the four primary tabs of the menu. There…

64 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When Downed Verify Back to Menu

After you are downed it is possible for your cursor to start on the Back to Menu button. If you are shooting at the time you are downed you can click the button on accident. You should have to verify the choice before it will let you back out of a game.
    Example: http://plays.tv/video/5b6d1a5926e222c4e7/ui-issue

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. FOV (Field of view) needs to be able to change

FOV would be awesome to be changed!

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Need to be able to Change Opacity, Size, and/or Position of Announcement Banners

I was in a game where the 3 announcements "Map updated" "Hunter1 picked up a bounty" and "Hunter2 picked up a bounty" covered up the top inch of the map for a good 10-15 seconds. Incidentally, I knew the extraction points where somewhere along the top of the map, near the bounty holders, but I needed a quick refresher on where exactly they were. Now, I could have just planned ahead better and memorized the locations, but then again this only affects the top edge of the map. The banners don't create this issue with the sides or the bottom,…

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Icon for healing allies

If i want to heal my ally i need to turn to him with right-click support item, and then press left button. Want to see an icon that helps me to understand - will i heal him of myself.

51 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Better marker for your teammate position. Especially needed for random duos.

As of now the player outline is too dim and to see the arrow where he is you need to look at the ground and see it at some of the corners. Sure opening map shows him but during shootouts it's not very nice to open the map.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Keep chat during load screens.

If possible it would help pass time if random teams could chat during the loading screens.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Deathscreen

If you die, there is the Button ''Spectate'' and the button ''back to the menu''.
    If you are in hurry and you want to press the button '' Spectate'' , then it can happen quickly that you press the wrong button and u go back to menu. Would it be possible to indicate that you will be asked in advance if you really want to leave the game?
    I lost today 2 Hunters because i pressed wrong button, and thats really sad... and annoying..

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Option to report teammate.

I just carried a 12 year old kid through an entire game. Got the hunter kills, got the monster and bounty.
    We are extracting, he kills me. I'm thinking "ok funny he's going to help me up".
    No he goes out of his way to go find a lantern, burns my body and extracts.

I can't report him? https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982415493

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Vault Prompt

A prompt that says 'Press [Key] to vault' when appropriate would be nice to get rid of awkwardly jumping against surfaces and wasting stamina.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The Town/The Saloon/The Gunstore/The General Store/The Doctor's Office/The Abbey

MAIN MENU IS NOT HOT

The Town: When main menu opens its a town, decadent like the games world

The Saloon: Here you can hire hunters, lvl up characters and get contracts (Contracts could be killing a specific player, number of monsters, or a boss, like side missions)

The Gunstore: Here you can buy the best guns, Melees, bombs etc

The General Store: Here you can buy low quality guns, consumables, etc

The Doctor's Office: He is the man that is going to sell you medkits, Stamina shots, antidotes, poison bombs, cure deaseases (if we can ever get that)

The…

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Region selection page show ping.

When you pull up the region selection pane it should show the ping for each region to help players select which server they have the best connection to or if a different region will even be playable.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. A total player count displayed in menu before each game starts. E.g, 10/10

A count of human players joining the match displayed while selecting a spawn point. Does not have to appear in-game/match.

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. On death screen - add a warning pop up BEFORE exiting to menu

please make a warning pop up before exiting to prevent miss clic

It's happened to me two time last night

i dont know excatly how , but i'm sure the button won't be on the screen

i clic on SHOOT and AIM DOWN SIGHT and it instant kick me to the menu

with no intention to do it

can you add a warning pop up to prevent this problem ?

thanks you

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add a 5 second timer to the 'Back To Menu' button when you die to prevent you accidentally clicking it.

Just had this happen to me in a game. An opponent and I had traded but I was still pressing M1 and my cursor was conveniently placed on the 'Back To Menu' button when I died so I instantly returned to menu even though I had killed my opponent and my partner could've revived me. 1000 dollars down the drain. Add a 5 second timer to the button to prevent you from accidentally clicking it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hunter graveyard

When I was a kid, there was an awesome lil game called Cannon Fodder. When your soldiers died, they ended up with a lil gravestone on one of the UI screens.

https://thecakeisaliegaming.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/boot-hill-2.jpg

It would be a nice little touch to have the same for this? Maybe a flashy headstone for that high-ranking hunter who did so well?

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. New LOBBY as a ROOM = MAP

Enjoi joining a Lobby mean joining a little map like a house where your Hunter is sitting, when you find a team mate another Hunter takes another position so you can see him and hes equipment..

I mean it would be cool to have own little map for pactise like own little base (in Payday2 you have one) But I guess it would be to much to have own house for lobby up and prepare..

So many just place/room/road maybe different places cuz different lobbys..

As said when you join a lobby it loads up a little *room* where you…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add the option to change the blue colour scheme for clues and dark sight to red as shown in the trailer.

When I first saw the trailer and the gameplay reveal for the game and it showed the Dark Sight, clues, the map burning when a boss was being banished, and the vortex above it in the sky when using dark sight, they were all RED. In the current build of the game they're BLUE. This seems to be a purely cosmetic thing, so it would be great to have the option to change them to red again. It looks so much better with the red colour scheme - especially the map burning away.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Slider for flashing items ingame

I think the items that you can pick up flash too brightly. It kinda kills immersion IMO.

A slider would be nice so we can tone down the ingame items flashing. Like we can tone down the HUD.

I would like these item flashing barely perceptible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

User Interface

Feedback and Knowledge Base