User Interface

In this forum, you can share all of your thoughts and suggestions about the user interface, from the functionality to the layout to the aesthetic.

Let’s hear your ideas:

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Radial Equipment Menu

I think the plethora of buttons needed to access items when both Frontiersman and Packmule are taken needs to be replaced by a radial menu. I imagine it would be accessed by holding down a key, during which the mouse cursor appears, then, selection would either happen when something is clicked, or when the key is released and the cursor is hovering over something.

Right now it is just too difficult to select what you want when you want it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pathfinder Perk/Skills

Like in real life the cause of death or the temperature of a body should be observable by a hunter. Maybe higher tier hunter can even find trails of other hunter to find out where they are heading.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Icon for healing allies

If i want to heal my ally i need to turn to him with right-click support item, and then press left button. Want to see an icon that helps me to understand - will i heal him of myself.

69 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The Town/The Saloon/The Gunstore/The General Store/The Doctor's Office/The Abbey

MAIN MENU IS NOT HOT

The Town: When main menu opens its a town, decadent like the games world

The Saloon: Here you can hire hunters, lvl up characters and get contracts (Contracts could be killing a specific player, number of monsters, or a boss, like side missions)

The Gunstore: Here you can buy the best guns, Melees, bombs etc

The General Store: Here you can buy low quality guns, consumables, etc

The Doctor's Office: He is the man that is going to sell you medkits, Stamina shots, antidotes, poison bombs, cure deaseases (if we can ever get that)

The…

28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Vault Prompt

A prompt that says 'Press [Key] to vault' when appropriate would be nice to get rid of awkwardly jumping against surfaces and wasting stamina.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. A key binding for hiding all HUD (including compass)

It'd be nice to be able to press a key to quickly toggle all HUD, including the compass. This would be great for people like myself who love taking screenshots of this pretty game!

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Don't kick me to main menu while I'm reporting a cheater.

I think this would've been obvious but apparently not.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Deathcam

Are you thinking in add a death cam? So we (the players) can see the cam of our killer starting fews seconds before we die and finishing fews seconds later? Its a good idea to find cheaters and report them

Sorry for my bad english, regards!

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Less Map Information, or Even Remove Map

A lot of this game is about building up expertise and getting a feel for vague indicators. The current map gives very exact information about the shrinking boss area, and even the exact location once all three clues are collected or a banish starts.

Dark sight already gives enough of this information to draw the same conclusions. With enough play time you will be able to recognize each clue indicator as the appropriate location, and you can check the map to see which areas belong to which boss.

The map doesn't need to shrink, the target doesn't have to be…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Keybind option to turn all hud-elements ON/OFF for us screenshot lovers..

A simple option to quickly turn all hud-elements ON and OFF so the hud don't show in the screenshot/recording. Going in to the menu and disable it manually takes too much time, and the compass won't dissapear even when everything is turned off..

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. A total player count displayed in menu before each game starts. E.g, 10/10

A count of human players joining the match displayed while selecting a spawn point. Does not have to appear in-game/match.

38 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Join steam friends in game even if not on the same team

All is in the title. It would be nice to be able to challenge friends both in solo and duo modes, also via public servers.

I guess it involves seeing opponents names and team on the game launch screen, to see available slots like in L4d2 back in the days. And then open not-the-same-team inviting to steam friends... and for complete friendly features team switch on request. But it has to start somewhere, so just start with meeting friends ingame and let's see... what do you think ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Let me leave a queue with a rondom that won't ready up without restarting the game

Today I queued up with a random partner and was quickly paired with someone who wouldn't ready up. I still am. I don't see any way to find a new partner or just kick him off my team. I feel like i'm being held ******* here.

What I want: A button to either 1. Find a new partner or 2. leave my duo without needing to restart the entire game

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. See all available equipment in loadout (even those already equiped to an other hunter)

I found out that I sometimes buy equipment that I already have but i didn't saw it because it was on the loadout of an other hunter.

I think it would be nice to see all available equipment, but having an icon reminding us that it's equiped in an other hunter, and if we agree, it removes the item from the other hunter's loadout and gives it to the one we are modifying.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. A way to check connectivity before entering a match

Sometimes the route may be deviated, or your provider may be bottlenecking, maybe your sister is watching something online or your brother is streaming lol.

There should be a way to know the average ping you'll get out of any server before getting into a match. 'Cause entering a match just to check your ping may result in losing a hunter.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Downvote option in these forums

There are a lot of ideas on here that are pretty good. There are also a lot that aren't. If you could quickly downvote those just like the upvoting, it would be easier for you, the devs, to sort through the good ideas

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hunter Perk Interface

Perks that a certain hunter has should be visible when looking at the map. This quality of life change would be very helpful without cluttering the UI much.

I recently had a match where I couldn't remember what perk I took, and I was trying to find a way to see which perks I had. I was concerned I ran into a perk that wasn't functioning correctly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Region selection page show ping.

When you pull up the region selection pane it should show the ping for each region to help players select which server they have the best connection to or if a different region will even be playable.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

User Interface

Feedback and Knowledge Base