Map & map features

In this forum you can share all of your thoughts and suggestions about the map, from the look to the functionality.

Let’s hear your ideas:

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Boss Rush Solution

Boss Rush Solution
    To help give everyone a chance to find and kill the boss and slow down the boss rush problem, here's some ideas
    1. Bosses should decrease in Strength and Health as you find the clues. 300% clue 1, 200% clue 2, 100% clue 3.
    In this way, even if you get lucky and find the boss in the first compound, you will have to come back later after you find the clues. This could be tiered even more if you get people who just stand in the doorway and shoot forever, like 500%-300%-100%. Point is, you will…

53 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More incentive to search houses

As of now, there is almost nothing to encourage players from looting houses. There are only 4 things to be found in houses and basically none of them are worth the risk:
    -Ammo
    -Oil Lamps
    -Melee Weapons
    -Health kits
    I would say put some consumables in the houses scattered here and there such as dynamite sticks and vitality shots. Perhaps, even have some sort of side quest or hidden objective that allows the player to acquire stuff such as other weapons. OR just put weapons in. Either way, interiors are done perfectly but there is scarce reason to explore them.

127 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Victiorian England themed map with Werewolf and Vampire sharing the map

Playing the game during night time contracts feels to me the as watching "The Wolfman" movie. It could be some part of the city or suburbs, or even a mix of it. The story behind it could be similar to Beast of Gevaudan, hunters are looking for unknown creatures that kill citizens and villagers

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Snow Map

I would love to see a snow map where instead of fog, it is actively snowing. Footprints would stay around for a little while but slowly would fade as they get fresh snow on them. Sounds would be more muffled.

I dunno, would make for a cool Christmas theme at least :)

43 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Visual Types Of Clues

1) Hunter Footprints - Lasting for X amount of time.

2) Bullet Casing's Scattered On The Ground.

3) Foilage Has Been Disturbed - Indicating Hunter Or Something Has Passed Through.

4) Used Consumables lying Around.

134 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Dynamic Day/Night In some matchs with dynamic wheater in all matchs.

I mean the presense of dawns and sunsets in some matchs. And dynamic wheater in all matchs for example:
    - If the match last 60 min would be 10 min of night or day and then 10 of sunset or dawn and the rest the day or night secuence.
    - All with dynamic wheater of course, for example could be 5 or 10 mins of heavy rain or maybe 20 or maybe all the match with heavy, medium or light rain. Maybe mixed with fog or very sunny.
    -Very sunny moments could increase area of detection of the enemies and…

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The Next Map Should Be A Town Map

Who would prefer a Town Map over any other type of map?

69 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please make nights dark again, or make a darker night version.

The current night map has been brightened to a state where it's basically a re-skinned daytime. There's no reason to ever use lights, since even interiors are brightly lit.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. No crows at night

Crows are diurnal so there shouldn't be any flocks out on the roads at night. This would also help add some needed variety in gameplay between day/night missions making night missions faster and more aggressive (easily to stealth).

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. New map should not be ( Louisiana Bayou )

I think a 2nd map should be a way different from the current map and from a different environment , if you take a look at discussions at steam you'll see many many players have concerns about how repetitive this game will be in the near future and those "many many" players have no idea that the 2nd map will take place in a same swampy environment ( at least that what google shows for ( Louisiana Bayou )).

This is a huge waste of opportunity for this game to expand and become a master piece .

Please, I know…

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Train, for extraction or transport.

A train track going through a/the map, and a train coming through regularly with one or more open railcars you can jump into for extraction (at the end of the tracks) or to move further up the tracks and jump off.

I imagine the train would have to move slightly faster than a player sprinting or at about the same speed, or maybe the train could slow down in areas or at turns.

Perhaps you could use something like a bundle of dynamite to damage the locomotive or the tracks to prevent the train from leaving.

I realize there may…

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Firebuckets

Hello! I wrote this on the steam community forums at first but I post it here as well !

First of I think Hunt:showdown is a fantastic games with so many differant possibilites for playstyle! I read and seen people talking about fire though. That maybe there should be some kind of way to put out fires?

So I thought why not put out fire buckets around the map? Those were like the fire extinguishers back in those days! :P

The player often move around industry complex and the fire hazard is always high in those areas! Especially during those…

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. NIGHT MAP SHOULD BE DARKER

The brightness of the current night map it is way too high in comparison to the oldest builds.

You don't have to rely in the light sources and equipment to see what it is in the shadowed area from a few meters away anymore, so what is the point of having the current brightness of the night map?

The electric lamp it is more useless than it was before.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Post Game Map Statistics

At the end of a match, pop a map up showing where icons for where everyone started, where they went (with lines of different colours to help make it easier to tell them apart), and how/if they met their demise. Could make it more interesting to be able to see how the other hunters played out their match

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Urban Map

An urban based map. perhaps a collection of smaller towns,separated by some wilderness. Far more complex and larger compounds than the current map to change up the gameplay.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. More life to map, rabbits, snakes, better jump scare

i think map is overcrowded with ,,grunts,, it will be nice to add something smaller: rabbits, snakes, bees, owls, mice, cats, bugs,etc
    And adding interaction between them, owl hunts for mice, but its easy to scare, but dont overdo with too much quantity on map.
    Also interaction between grunts and for examle armored ones, they make noise, armored is lured there and kill grunt.
    Jumps scare need to be better tweaked, it will be nice they let you pass and then come to you from behind, or they are hidden in mud

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Increase the Map size

Is there any way the map size can be increased?
    Currently on a full server some players are spawning almost on top of boss compounds. Gives players no chance to gain clues/Money.

another hundred odd meters around maybe with mangrove mazes might break it up a bit more. I dont know. just an idea.

Love the game. think the stalking is what im liking the most. trying to get in and out with out loosing hunters. making cash. occasional battle. well done so far look for to future updates.

23 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Campaign, "Big Hunts" and Events

Campaign idea:
    The campaign would be missions which you could do alone or with up to 3 other friends, but it gets more difficulty with more people. The missions wouldn't be just 15 min missions for speedrunners, they should be up to an hour long where you have to use your brain. Each campaign has multiple "special" items to kill the boss, heal/boost yourself and solfe puzzles. It would be cool if there were difficultys from easy to hard AND a legendary difficulty for all tryhards with too much time. Some ideas for the missions:
    - Count Dracula in and…

60 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Traveling gamemode

Take the existing gamemode and combine it with a traveling mechanic.

You start somewhere in the map and you first have to reach the boss, in order to do that you have to, for example on a wild west map, find coal and fill up a train with it.

This would require a big map and also an increased mission time, like 2 to 3 hours. You also could increase the the payment and maybe even the player count.

Singleplayer: 4 to 6
    Coop: 8 to 12

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Much more map diversity and dynamic weather

The The maps should be much more diverse. The swampy theme is nice, but there should be more, like mountain area, desert, maybe snowy field, western city etc.
    Dynamic weather on some maps would be nice too. Like rains in the swamp, falling snow, blizzards on snowy area, fast changing darken and sunshine in the mountains.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Map & map features

Feedback and Knowledge Base