Let’s hear your ideas:

Show Exit Markers on the map only when banishing starts

To prevent exit-camping, the exit locations should only be revealed when the boss has been killed and gets banished. The exits are still already there and can still be found on the map before that, but are simply not visible on the map before banishing.

672 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

tom.nietfeld@web.de shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are setting this to “under review” as we think that this concept could be incorporated into a nightmare mode. There are no definite plans but it is an idea we will keep in mind while we are looking into things like this.

If we have more updates we will let you know, but for now, we shall at least keep it in mind.

77 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • tom.nietfeld@web.de commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some Locations at the start and more after banish would be perfect yeah. But since this has gained quite some traction to clarify: The idea was that these exits still exist in the world from the start, just the markers on the map/minimap would be hidden until banishment

• bilal2005 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it should be like 2 locations in start of map and after banishing 3 more locations. otherwise Stupid idea. i sometime ran out of ammo and playing solo. only option i have to keep progress /hunter to exit. what if no one else in map. which happens today. that means i cannot exit?

• Casofagar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hmm. It's not very good idea(as for me). How players should escape with bounty or another players save hunter when when there is no bounty in map( you have 5 min to escape) ?

• Electron1c commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pretty stupid idea, since you're supposed to be able to extract from the mission at any given time. Also, extraction points already have a mechanic of notifying you if there is enemy nearby.

• d10sk0ur01 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hide = no strategy, more running and gunning: NO, please no.
    Maybe just make one last point available or reward those who take more clues so that they can see more escape points (per every clue taken or if they make 3 clues).
    This would be good instead what I said here.

• Merlynn66 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People camp at clues, they camp the boss killing area and they camp escape points, it makes no difference. People like camping, and if you don't see exit markers, then they will look for the boats or coaches, where they can camp. I would prefer to make camping more inconvenient by spawning small spiders or snakes or anything else that forces camper to make some noise ;)

• Witha3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well as much as I like the idea of limiting ability to camp extraction points, early extraction is a legitimate strategy in this game. So, idk.

• Dziki_Rabarbrar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm currently at level 76, and I've encountered escape point campers maybe 3 or 4 times. It's not even an issue idk why people get tilted about it. And map is designed in such a way that there is usually a good amount of cover around escape points and if you manage to hide behind stagecoach/ferry, you have the advantage.

• Dziki_Rabarbrar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are already audio indicators if somebody is around escape point which have really big radius btw. If you plan your escape correctly you can counter campers anyway.

• BLiZZ4TRiX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

what about those who just want to farm/ dont want to go for the bounty, maybe bc they'll have to leave the game early, or the partner didn't connect to the game properly..

they wouldn't have a chance to leave the game early, without losing their hunters ..
    except they are lucky and find the exit anyways.. but with this size of the map it will be horrifying to find the exit

• Ghoststealer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you have a map. So why it is called map. You should know where is what. Simple. I think exit points doesn't need to be hidden. People camp everywhere anyway...

• Kindaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Extraction camping is not only a terrible tactic it's also not even an issue. Unsure why people have an issue with it. You get a very loud and obvious cue if someone is camping the extraction so if you get killed there why is it any different than being killed somewhere else?

If you don't like it then stop going to the nearest extraction. If someone is extraction camping they will never be able to catch you as long as you just don't go to the extraction they expect you to go.

• xplayman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this idea with the exception of having 1 extraction point revealed for the people who want to leave early. The other 2 should be revealed after the banishing starts. Or finding clues reveals the extraction 1 at a time until the 3rd clue shows all 3 extractions.

• TySton1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"What if I want to leave before banishing starts? Kind of difficult. Perhaps.. 3 exit points to appear in beginning of game and once banishing starts, add 3 more exit points." I wouldnt put 3 at the start maybe 2 1 on NE corner and 1 on the SW corner then once banishing starts they disapear and 3 more spawn in. at random locations.

• TySton1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I mean that wont stop the exit camping. banishing takes around 3-5 min which is more then enough to sprint to the nearest exit. maybe shortening the exit timer would help but idk about that becuase ive went into a game with the wrong hunter and i wasnt gonna risk loosing him due to a scuffed play or some glitch

• DanteX3M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1
    Hide extration point but SHOW them after picked up bounty.
    OR show them only for team who picked up bounty and for other after the team with bounty escaped

• thekillergreece commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What if I want to leave before banishing starts? Kind of difficult. Perhaps.. 3 exit points to appear in beginning of game and once banishing starts, add 3 more exit points.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base