Let’s hear your ideas:

Night Maps should be RNG not a pickable option

Currently, it takes a LONG time to load into a lobby if you try to complete a Night Map (because nobody wants to play at night). Instead of giving the option to chose day / night at all, just make it so that the time of day is completely RNG when the map loads.

That will give people the ability to play at night without having to just hope they can get a fast Night Map lobby.

148 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sin_A_Man_BunZ shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Already implemented  ·  Adminjanneke (Admin, Crytek) responded  · 

As you might have already seen we added a random mission option. Obviously we will still have some maps that you can choose, but at the random mission Night/Day are RNG.

26 comments

Comments are closed
  • MrGVosloo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why not make the day and night cycle and be dynamic with included weather? You start int he day and the longer the game goes on, the darker it gets.

• Leaveso commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like both, but i hate the fact that you are forced to play Night now on Singletarget. A lot of friends do not like that (wich is fine, it's preference) - it was fine before but now you have to go night on Singletarget or random and hope there will be Daytime/Singletarget... Nothing i really like - also i noticed on 2 Targetmaps people tend to play very rushy.

• billytheold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

3: LIGHTNING STRIKES SHOULD HAPPEN WAY MORE OFTEN

The way it is now, the delay between two lightning strikes is just to long, so that they happen just to random and you dont get a good feeling for when the next one will happen so that you cant plan certain gameplay elements like shooting your weapon when the thunder strike is loudest reliably around it. Lightning should strike at least every 45 seconds maybe even every 30 seconds.The moment it is now it just takes way to long for the lightning to strike again to be planable or integratable in your game plan.

• billytheold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also want to say two words ;) about night maps:

1:NIGHT MAPS SHOULD BE DARKER FOR THE SNEAKING

Have you increased the brightness on the night maps in one of the latest patches or am i only imagine that? If you have , plz change it back to beeing more dark overall. So that sneaking up on enemy players is more viable again.

2:LIGHTNING STRIKES SHOULDNT COLOR SHIFT INTO THE BLUE AND WHITE COLOR TONES

The lightning strikes brightening up the surroundings is a really cool idea but the execution of it is visualy kind of lackluster. The Flash from the lightning strike needs to just stay up a little bit longer so that you have time to use it for your advantage. At the moment its just to fast over to spot anything while it is up. Furthermore should the color shift of the environment while the lightning strikes not shift so much into the blue and white color tones. It just looks off and destroys the atmosphere, kind of. Just make the whole area while the lightning strikes almost as bright as daytime, for a short time but stop the color shift into the blue and white, it just looks off and alienating. Just show the accurate environment colors without any color shift.

• katebush commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this idea actually, I love playing at night and I feel like other players are avoiding it so they can get easier kills.

• streetrobban commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So basically you want to force other people to play night missions too because you think it takes too long time to get a night mission? It takes time because of a reason, not that many people want to play night missions. Lets keep it separated so people can choose what to play.

• Infinitieon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree. As a matter a fact, I was just about to make this exact post, but then I found it here. Please make it RNG Gold/Night when loading up. That's less time queuing up, less dead servers, a twist on the same maps. When a game gives multiple variations on the same map, often times the playerbase sticks to one of the options and completely neglects the other. I'd say Yes to RNG Gold/Night.

• FatherTiiime commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

cant say the time to get into a match has ever changed for me dependent on day or night cycle.

• check-engine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Doesn't your load out change though whether your are going into a day or night map?

At one time I thought having randomized boss' would be a good idea, but then I realized when you go against the butcher you bring explosives, and you bring firebombs for the spider.

Randomizing both time of day and boss spawn takes away the whole aspect of planning. Something I imagine most bounty hunters do before going after a mark.

Once some more maps and bosses get added I could see only having four contracts to chose form and these being determined by RNG, that way you don't have 100% choice of what time or map you are going to do, but you still know before hand so you can plan accordingly.

• alecthekulak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wouldn't mind it being random either, could combine this with the other feature suggestion of random weather effects.

• TheNerdberry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nope, that'd be ****.

Tbh, I dislike this for personal reasons. I have a monitor I can't change the brightness a lot and I can't darken my room much either- but I'm probably not totally alone with that.
    And when I tried to play a night-map in broad (real-life) daylight I couldn't see ****.

Random day-/night-maps can be an option, but for gods sake, don't make it mandatory.

• OnlyXeno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

interesting idea!
    i would like it
    we can say: we dont know how long we need to reach the hunting area so we cant say wich time we would have XD

but u just need to search so long cause its AE... with more player more guys want play night.
    to the guys they want gamma option: PLS NO its part of the game. its night and in rl u cant increase u gamma!

• ImDazed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It depends really, I personally don't play night to much because it is to dark. I cant even see my gun or anything, and at this time there isnt a brightness/gamma setting for the game

• bax644 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have had no trouble getting into matches on the East Coast. Seems pretty quick. I mostly rock the spider at night, because it's just that much scarier to me. I honestly haven't tried the butcher save for once at night. Match finding was about 30 seconds or so.

• Daskard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Cyberwolf:
    Yeah, because those bounty hunters would hop on their horses at night, when there are cursed manic creatures all over the countryside ... losing all their advantages of good vision.
    If you had to go hunt for a bounty in a land full of zombies you would definitely NOT go at night and instead let some fool be the meal for them and collect the bounty early in the next morning.

• DeadArashi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I honestly agree. Random time of day and weather would definitely keep it interesting.

Go in one game and it could be a clear day. Another a stormy night, a drizzly afternoon or a foggy morning.

Different lighting and audio affect how you play and would be a much welcome change and, as stated, improve MM times as it's working on contract monster alone and not split between monster and time

• CyberWolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"As a real life hunter..." comment response

As a real life hunter you don't enter an area as soon as you can with a buncha other bloodthirsty hunters hoping to kill them either. "As a real life hunter" is the dumbest possible argument one can make, this is a bunch of bounty hunters who hop on their horse as soon as a bounty is spoken of.

• CyberWolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this. Its not like all the hunters go "Ok, a bounty is at so and so, but we are all cowards so lets wait around till day"

If you make it a choice, only a few are gonna choose night for the longest time, especially if you add items like night vision or such that let people become much more lethal at night. The lamps are great cuz they have a tradeoff

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base