Let’s hear your ideas:

Map Ideas

- Underground Map (Haunted Goldmine) would be so nice
- Mountain Map (Rock/Snow)
- "Wild West" Map (Desert, perhaps with Temperature Problems/Dehydrating)
- Town/City Map (Clues by asking People)
- Coast Map (Shipwrecks etc)
- Castle Map (vampire, ghost, werewolf, human minions)

793 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

klaaatsch shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Already implemented  ·  Adminjanneke (Admin, Crytek) responded  · 

As you already know by now we recently launched our new map Lawson Delta. We have another map planned for our road map 1.0, more details on this map will follow in the future. Your ideas are definitely inspiring and we hope that our 3rd map will future some of the wishes of some of our players.

110 comments

Comments are closed
  • Grod0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see an insane asylum or hospital setting with deranged possessed patients and staff walking around instead of zombies. Multiple buildings, multiple levels and possibly an underground complex with a crematorium and "cold storage" room for provisions. I think this game should lean more into the occult and supernatural side of things when it comes to the setting and influence on the map and it's effect on the player.

• EmmettLW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think a Castle would be a little jarring given this is a western and there aren't a lot of castles in the United States. I think a better idea would be to explore a Plantation whose big house was intentional created to resemble the Gothic style of old world Castles. Now who would ever construct such a thing? Anybody who's read the recent lore posts would - Jacques Blanchett. It's already been established that Blanchett loved Gothic Architecture And claimed he was descended from French Nobility so if anyone would have a mansion like Castle it would be him.

• EmmettLW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think a Castle wouldn't exactly fit in with the style of the game given it's Western themes. I think a better idea would be to explore a Plantation which would be a nice change from the swamps. Although perhaps we could come to a sort of compromise between the two. It's already been established that Jacques Blanchett was a wealthy plantation owner and loved the Gothic style and claimed to be of Nobel Descent. So it seems reasonable he might have constructed for himself a castle like Mansion. We could explore the mansion and the plantation grounds and maybe even fight the ghosts or resurrected corpses of Blanchett's as a boss battle.

• Kaptajnklunk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yosemite map, with mountains, waterfalls, cliffs, pine forest, even a cave or goldmine.

Texas map, desert/prairie with a town, a fort and a derailed train.

• Snorflbeter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pyramid Based Map - Ghosts, Undead Pharaoh's, Mummies, Undead Cats, and Undead Explorers inside the Pyramid, King Tut's Tomb (If found) contains tons of gold but Tut is there waiting.

• Caprivara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The idea of a sea city based theme with shipwreked theme seems awesome in a bay based theme whit ruind and boats demon like fishs having a good balance in town/sea-swamp adding some caves and hills cutting the vision to a foggy sea and some island like church in the midle of the bay

• TastyMints commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an alternative to the inevitable Wild West arid shrubland, how about eastern Missouri? In 1895 a 6.6 magnitude Earthquake struck the region. The quake and its aftershocks were felt as far as Ohio. The seismic activity even caused these weird things called Sand Boils to pop up everywhere. Tie in some supernatural cause for the Earthquakes and you've got some fairly unique environmental conditions and some neat aesthetics to play with.

• Springday870 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well i can understand the idea of continuity and staying in the same area. But at the time of HUNT there have been many other areas where people try to find their luck.
    So please dont bring the same swamp area like shown in the roadmap. The game is predestined for a desert or woods setting.
    The same skin just different arrangement would be very dissapointing. Im mean crytek is a big studio they should have a lot of textures for other settings. also from previous games.

• d10sk0ur01 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whatever you do.. please consider "giving a sense of continuity"... like the map world was connected and just expanding.

So in future you might even create matchmaking mode challenge "the journey" where hunters can challenge themselves until they die in a journey one map after the other.

• liquidsteel49 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whatever locations they decide on, they should keep it void of other human life (except enemy hunters). Part of the atmosphere that I love about the game is this sense that even with a partner you can't help but feel isolated in this sea of threats all around you.

• Rooolandd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Castle Map, YES please !!
    Big old castle , and some land/forest surrounding it. Inside the forest werewolves that can start to hunt YOU, with (Alpha/Elder werewolf boss) , in the castle some vampires/human servants and elder vampire boss ! Just imagine those scary howls during night, and maybe some changes in behaviour with full moon.

• AntiChoice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

voidstar115 I believe the story element is a minor issue. they only need to do some small writing.

I 100% support this idea. Having only one map can get old fast. I think this game can only survive releasing more interesting maps after full release.

• voidstar115 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys remember the game is based in Louisiana and there is a story line and it's also set in Louisiana. So unless the devs add new story elements those maps wouldn't be possible.

• scaarr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly a lot of the ideas in here are a bit eccentric and dont really go with the story so far, but i think a New Orleans map would be awesome. The city has plenty of twists & turns, graveyards, parks, cathedrals, etc. Imagine sneaking and fighting in a dilapidated french quarter!

• The_Problemist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

be cool if for the city maps it could be like dying light where you can save people from zombies and they could give you clues or give you ammo or heal you

• iThomasOG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think any type of new map, and two new monsters w/ contracts, would be what this game needs to increase its popularity. Hands down, this game has more potential than any early access game I've played.

• Hawlerrr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

holy ****, these are all great ideas.. i especially like the idea of having non-hostile npcs that can talk to you and for example when a shooting breaks out, or monsters attack, they hide in their houses and stuff.. like, there's a marketplace with people going on with their business and total chaos breaks out, when something attacks.. i don't know if it would fit the atmosphere of the game that well.. but who knows, could be kewl

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base