Let’s hear your ideas:

Map Ideas

- Underground Map (Haunted Goldmine) would be so nice
- Mountain Map (Rock/Snow)
- "Wild West" Map (Desert, perhaps with Temperature Problems/Dehydrating)
- Town/City Map (Clues by asking People)
- Coast Map (Shipwrecks etc)
- Castle Map (vampire, ghost, werewolf, human minions)

793 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

klaaatsch shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Already implemented  ·  Adminjanneke (Admin, Crytek) responded  · 

As you already know by now we recently launched our new map Lawson Delta. We have another map planned for our road map 1.0, more details on this map will follow in the future. Your ideas are definitely inspiring and we hope that our 3rd map will future some of the wishes of some of our players.

110 comments

Comments are closed
  • SparkMasterTape commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really hope they'll release more than just 1 more map.. There are so many settings and areas that would fit this game perfectly... Would like to see something like "Dead by dawn" where they release DLC's with new monsters/settings etc, maybe not stuff from movies but still.

If this game does not keep getting new content on like a monthly basis.. Like new weapons, gear/cosmetics, maps, monsters, tools and other fun stuff it will eventually "die" I think... Really excited about the crafting they are gonna introduce, creating different ammo-types would be cool!

@FamouzPT Yeah, maybe they could also increase the map sizes but then also have the option to play 3/4-man teams. Also, making the "swamp" map we are playing now bigger with cities and stuff would make it "too big" in my opionion. At least for the game mode we are playing now I think the size is perfect.

• loven4200 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i think staying in one area will greatly hold the map creators back when these zombies/mobs can simplely be anywhere in your alt universe. keep the time period just move around a bit. always repurpose each map night and day plus the seasons too use diferent bosses/buffs on each map too create longevity for each new asset provided. thats if you have such variations planned. i have another post dedicated too that topic.

• Clown_Down commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah Wendigo would be a great idea. It could even be refered at the Donner Party in 1846. That idea fits definitely with the game

• Clementine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be quite cool, but don't think it would make much with the lore. New Orleans would be great.

• WildWyvern20 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to see a map, if you are able, based in Chernobyl. I mean, It's perfect! The radiation mutated the animals and insects there. People who stayed, well, they were affected, too. Maybe even the sickness spread to this irradiated area, and the radiation enhanced or mutated it. This could be a great map for nightmare mode. Powerful, and faster AI; Radiation being a key in it. You are encouraged to finish as quickly as possible; The longer you stay, you lose a bar of hp, you lose a trait, something of the sort. For completing this map, killing the boss and extracting, it would give more exp and bounty. I could go on and on, I just think for this game, a map based off of Chernobyl would be astounding.

• DeathStalker131 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i came here to suggest a Werewolf and then i saw this post, you NAILED IT. This idea is perfect and it NEEDS to happen

• Tonez211 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think a big mental asylum map would be cool and creepy. Have broken glass on the ground too for hearing footsteps . different wings to the asylum where you have to exit the building wing and make your way to another wing. Also have it multiple floors per building. Have like a mini lawn maze you have to go through to enter other wings. Have a stronger monster patrolling the maze maybe a "gardener who attacks you with gardening sheers" . Have a small cemetery in the map as well
    For enemies have crazed patients maybe even some patients in squeaky wheelchairs, the stronger monsters being some evil nurses and evil doctors with each a special ability. Also how you have the crows that get startled outside, indoors you can have rats that scurrying around and make loud squeaks. The boss could be "The Warden". He could have an ability where he makes you hallucinate, kind of like the poison from the hive monster but without the damage. Possibly a second ability?

• d10sk0ur01 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree on the winter forest\ mining setting. I posted some ideas on this too.
    I wanna add something on this:

LET THEM SURPRISE US. Let's not ask.

• braggs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Winter map would also provide a good opportunity to add weather effects like fog and snow.

• braggs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like the ability to dress my hunter in camouflage gear which matches the terrain of the map.

• sunbreaker7 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It comes without saying that majority of players want a new map sooner or later since as humans we get fed up on playing the same map over and over again sooner or later. No matter how good the game is, a new map is a must eventually, but no one wants a rushed map, that's for sure.

However, we need to be aware of the fact that this game is not complete, but early access in its earliest stage. The developers should focus on making the game playable first, and everything else comes second.

I am all for a new map, but expanding the current map and making it bigger for future 3-4 teams, if coming, wouldn't be a bad idea either.

• ShadowEno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We will need a new map eventually, I don`t see any plans in their roadmap for now, maybe new maps would be part of dlc.

• Necrovortex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add a Cemetery Map:

This would go very well with how this game is set, especially if you add dynamic weather such as heavy fog. You could add a vast crypt system. You could add things like traps to unleash monsters in the crypts and trap players in rooms with dangerous enemies. Have a big church to stage multiple bosses at once. Could add Ghouls that rise up when a banishing starts to make it tougher to escape the from the map. Could add dead players coming back (Probably not as players) as evil dead. Could add Enemies that die Temporarily and if you don't move soon will come back making it so you don't stay in the area (Exp based on first death of said monster if applicable so not to become just a quick exp grind).

• GabiiUk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES, I do think the actual map is great and has a lot, A LOT of work on it. But sooner or later players will get bored of it once they play their 50 hrs.
    As timiremortem said no rushed maps, but I’m sure the public would appreciate the fact that some new looking area will be coming on the future! No matter how long, as soon as we know some new amazing area made by the people who is capable of creating such a beautiful Louisiana, I’m sure every fan of this game will REALLY appreciate this.

• Stellaboy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think there should be more maps, but they should remain within the meta-theme of this game: swampy lousiana. I think a new map should be another bayou

• Riordin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Map Location: Western Canada or Northern US
    Climate: Winter
    Boss: Wendigo/Windigo
    Environment: heavily forested logging or mining community with multiple outposts and a large central fort or village. Caves & Mines can be found in the wild.

New Mechanics:
    Temperature - Hunters can freeze if exposed to the cold long enough. Shelter and warmth will need to be found to survive.
    The colder you are the slower you sprint, and the stamina bar drains faster.

Foot Prints:
    Track hunters and monsters by following footsteps in the snow. Or mislead and ambush other players.

The Boss:
    In a snow climate and location, the Wendigo or Windigo would be an excellent choice. (If you have played Until dawn or watch supernatural, you will know what this is all about).

The Wendigo is a cannibalistic monster from the Algonquin myths of North America. It is among the most feared of all monsters in Amerindian lore.

One of the terrifying aspects of the Windigo is that they can replicate voices to deceive unsuspecting victims.

I think it would be really cool if the boss could take samples of voice chat from in-game and repeat that to disrupt players.

The windigo would be fast, but not as fast as the Spider and slightly more health.

The boss battle would take place in the caves, old mining outpost, caves, or other dark desolate areas far from established areas.

Feedback and Knowledge Base