Let’s hear your ideas:

Map Ideas

- Underground Map (Haunted Goldmine) would be so nice
- Mountain Map (Rock/Snow)
- "Wild West" Map (Desert, perhaps with Temperature Problems/Dehydrating)
- Town/City Map (Clues by asking People)
- Coast Map (Shipwrecks etc)
- Castle Map (vampire, ghost, werewolf, human minions)

793 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

klaaatsch shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Already implemented  ·  Adminjanneke (Admin, Crytek) responded  · 

As you already know by now we recently launched our new map Lawson Delta. We have another map planned for our road map 1.0, more details on this map will follow in the future. Your ideas are definitely inspiring and we hope that our 3rd map will future some of the wishes of some of our players.

110 comments

Comments are closed
  • CRay-16 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

- Canadian forest during the winter season.

1- Werewolf bounty: (night time only)
    - Ability: could howl which would call a wolf pack and
    reveal his position to others nearby hunters.

2 - Wendigo (day/night time)
    -Ability: could bite Hunters which would inflict bleeding
    damage and restoring some of his health.

• Arlo97 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very nice to add a map set in the far west in the future!!! The setting, the era and the style of the hunters would allow it...

• trymiee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A map in northern canada maybe, where a yeti could be the boss or maybe fighting a wendigo

• Demonwolf1814 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the map we have right now but it gets very boring fast once you memorize the map layout since its not random generated. A old western abandoned town would be a cool addition, kinda like a old town youd see in a cowboy movie with a salon and old run down buildings and some desert areas

• Jadenava commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It must be a place holder atm cos early access, but the map is REALLY bad. The left half of the screen with the key is just empty and it looks like a split screen preview. I dont think we need interactive maps or anything some silly people are asking for, just a nice big clear map we can scroll in and out of?

• Carcinus_Maineus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I noticed a Facebook post by the devs about a significant snowstorm event that happened around the time period that the game takes place in. I think that would be a neat idea for a map variation, having a shallow layer of snow on the ground would add a new dynamic to gameplay, allowing for more difficult camouflage, ability to track players or AI, etc.

It's possible that the devs are already working on this and that's why they posted that teaser, but thought I'd post my support if so!

• d10sk0ur01 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some ideas break the concept of this game. (bayoux\new orleans)
    They do not belong to this... actually.
    But who knows maybe they will just make us hunt everywhere.

The world is hunted...

Wow, we had the same idea! Actually there is another topic on this.
    You can also add "camo" effects given by powder and explosions and mix a daylight part of the map with galleries and coal mining areas and mountain caves above sea level. Add also a river in it.

Make it like it was a huge map, and we played in SECTOR of a same world. Maybe... and u can integrate this with a story and a meaning of the whole GAMING experience. (metagaming). Interconnected missions.

It doesn't have to be abandoned.
    Put chariots coal chariots and rails ... wow ow ow.. Make it so we can go on these chariots :)

• Sigmantra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that having multiple maps will greatly increasing the longevity and keep things fresh, I don't want to get to a point in the game where I know exactly where everything is. I think that not knowing the maps completely adds a ton to the tenseness, and if there were multiple maps it'd greatly increase the time it would take.

• Viral_Orbit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the idea of a cave or quarry map. Maybe part of the map is in the forest with a small town nearby. The quarry could feature a lot of verticality that is not in the current map. Maybe an underground section could be included as well or make an entire map in a cave. This does sound unrealistic but if you play it off as an underground mine or something, it could be really creepy!

• Fireinthedust commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Donner party, where families stuck in snowy mountain passes turned to cannibalism. The Wendigo. I know we're seeing the south, but if we do the Yukon gold rush, or the land rush, it could work. Or people looking for the northwest passage. You could have cannibals, and ghosts from whenever hovering around a pile of bones.

Actually in the new BOOKS published there is some news of the Heavy Deadly snow that came in South Central America in 1800 I think... So no snowy mountain. Just snowy bayoux

• Raizen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to suggest do bigger maps and add more of them so game not become repetitive after few days.

My personal suggest for more maps
    1. Ghost city - some kind of ghost town where you can fight on close distances.

2. Swamp - which is already in the game.

3. One big forest - some kind of dark dense forest with few buildings like lumberjack camps, cabins maybe a small forest village.

4. Jungle - very dense jungle where maybe you must use machete to go through some paths etc.

5. Mountain map - some kind of map with lot of hills, cliffs, mountains where will be a rugged terrain with a different altitude.

6. Underground map - some closed left big mines where you must depend on hearing sounds and using flashlights or another kind of light.

7. Castle - big castle where you can go hunt something like vampires / werewolfs and must fight in close combats.

8. Snow map - add option where some maps can be with snow or create entire new map in this weather.

With more and bigger maps game can be very interesting and with lot of types of enemies what can be specific for map you pick.

For exemple in the Ghost city you can go hunt some kind of ghost boss on which you must use silvers bullets.
    In the forest some kind of witch, wendigo, mutated bear etc.
    In jungle it can be some monstrous Caiman.
    In mountain map it can be Yeti.
    In Castle it can be vampires / werewolfs.

Also best thing can be if game can be in some others part of world for example in Asia, Scandinavia etc. so developers can use myths and folklores from that part of world.

• Pwniez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So much potential... As if the mystery of the Aztec civilization isn't scary enough, unleash **** upon them and the surrounding wildlife, such as infected demon monkies/gorillas. You can find spears, bow and arrows, etc.. To HUNT in an Aztec environment alone gives me the chills.

• Bigjason1107 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hopefully theres a plan in place for more map variations. The current testing map is nice but it gets stale after a while, having more and different maps, with new enemy types and new targets/bounties would be fanatastic.

Maybe maps like:
    Towns
    Mountain ranges
    Countrysides

Just different maps that would spice up the game and give us something new whenever we played, I cant imagine the game having longevity if theres only one map

• Justposting commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be quite interesting perhaps in the future to add some maps which are totally devoid of light. This will force the players to use lanterns, electric lamps or even fusees (flares) to illuminate, while exposing themselves to the risk of being tracked and hunted by other players. Of course you can still use the Dark Vision to see at the dark, but with the risk at the same time that yourself are unarmed.

• Justposting commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That can as well translate into fighting against snow/frost related monsters such as yetis, snow spirits, etc.

Feedback and Knowledge Base