Let’s hear your ideas:

Boss Rush Solution

Boss Rush Solution
To help give everyone a chance to find and kill the boss and slow down the boss rush problem, here's some ideas
1. Bosses should decrease in Strength and Health as you find the clues. 300% clue 1, 200% clue 2, 100% clue 3.
In this way, even if you get lucky and find the boss in the first compound, you will have to come back later after you find the clues. This could be tiered even more if you get people who just stand in the doorway and shoot forever, like 500%-300%-100%. Point is, you will either run out of ammo before the boss dies, get picked off by other hunters because it's taking too long, or die from the boss because he hits very hard at 300%.
2. Clues have two purposes. To locate the boss and to learn of it's weakness. In this case, it makes sense to find them even if you know where the boss is.
3. If someone kills the boss, this restriction all goes away just like it does now when there is a banishment in place.

123 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gomerpilage1 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • cimpercee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

looting parts for crafting in other parts of the map can probably help as well. should provide a little improvement on stock weapons, like maybe +2 damage to windfield? etc

• kisbiflos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have one more idea to add. "Banish time" could also be affected by how many clues the hunter has the more clues, shorter banish time.... or .... the sooner in the match banishing is started the longer it takes. Example if I start banishing at 55 min remaining it would take 6 minutes to bansih. If I start banishing at 40 min remaining it would take 4 minutes.

• kisbiflos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very simple and a very good solution imo. Could also be implemented in the lore in some way. The only problem is the following. The boss would have to be different for every team. What I mean is, if team A has 0 clues they deal with a 300% boss but if team B comes to fight the very same boss at the same time with 3 clues.... what happens then?

I think the modifiers should be applied to the hunters instead of the boss. Each clue gives for example +50% damage against boss and +50% dmg resistance against boss.

• guiavena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Expanding the map is a lot harder than just adding another way of spawning the boss. And instead of wasting effort, I'd rather them have another spawn method, or else the same problems we're having on this map, we'll have on the new Louisiana map: players will stumble upon bosses on their first clue and just kill the match. Just make it so that the boss only spawns after a player (or group) has found at least 2 or 3 clues. Simple way to fix it and make clue hunting important again

• bdavie7433 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree to an extent. I think that yes ive more frequently been seeing match times decrease because of this but this typically only happens when everyones being stealthy when people make noise it draws others to a location and seems to extend the match times. I think your onto something yet not sure this is the way to fix it. Im sure if this persists in the future the developers will do something about it i think expanding this map just a bit an adding a few more locations may help. The developers may do something like this.

• grunt170 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Options:
    1: captnukem only after all 3 clues are found.
    Problem is what if its not where you found 3rd clue.
    he may spawn on some radom.

2: Increase the size of Original map by 100 to 500 meters. this way we all have to move forward into the center. through corn fields,swamps ,Cain fields and cotton plantations.

• guiavena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Not only that players know the map too well, but I've stumbled at the boss room so many times in under a minute just by pure luck. That's not healthy for the game. Especially with the really dumb dark boost, who will basically force most newbies to leave the map in fear.

• Joshdog21 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can just sit at the door to a boss and kill it with no risk to my self. This needs to change. Best way is a hooking ability or to seal hunters in the room with the boss.

• MLFO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THE PATTERN OF THE BOSSES ARE TOO SIMPLE THAT BOSSES DON'T FEEL LIKE A BOSS :( (SPIDER=HIVE+ARMORED,BUTCHER( SUPER ARMORED) FINDING BOSS AND FIGHTING THEM WAS EXCITING FOR 3 ROUNDS OF THE GAME. HOWEVER, BOSSES GOT KIND OF BORING BECAUSE AS SAID BEFORE, IT ONLY TAKES MORE BULLETS TO KILL NOTHING SPECIAL THAN THAT BECAUSE OF THE SAME SIMPLE PATTERN THEY HAVE. IT WOULD BE MUCH INTERESTING WHEN BUTCHER CARRY DIFFERENT WEAPONS OR DIFFERENT SKILLS AND SPIDERS USING THERE WEB( SHOOTS THE WEB OR USES THE WEB THAT IS ALREADY ON THE MAP). I LOVE THE CONCEPT OF THE GAME AND I REALLY ENJOY THIS GAME, BUT IT GETS MORE SIMPLE AND FEELS THE SAME AS I PLAY MORE AND MORE. I HOPE THIS PART OF THE GAME TO IMPROVE.

• WhatsOBB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Zombies to be more aggressive and fix the "cheesing" of the boss monsters.

I would really like if the zombies actually made a threat in the game and not just a tool for farming more points. Either make them more aggressive, or make them deal more damage.

I have also seen a lot of cheesing of the boss, where players stand in an area, where the boss can't reach them, and then they just shoot him dead.

This could be fixed by saying that if the "Hunters" leave the banishing area, then the boss would instant regen all of his health, or something like that.

It's just thoughts and i just think, that's few of the main reasons people just really don't wanna get into the game.

• Gomerpilage1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The fact that you can stumble upon the boss without finding the clues is part of the problem. They need to create a better way to hide the boss at the locations so people have to find the clues to find the boss. The locations with underground locations that you have to spend time searching for instance helps with this. The buildings that you can hear the spider from a mile out just by passing through are the problem. If teams had to actively "Search" a location to know if the spider is there without all three clues, it would help tremendously with this rush problem. When a team can simply stumble upon and banish a boss in the first location they come to within the first 5 min, there's a problem.
    Also, they should create little caves and underground mines and stuff on the map that add to boss locations that are not part of a complex with a clue. That way, it kind of forces people to get the clues because if they just plan on the rush/stumbling strategy, it will take a lot of time.
    Right now with teams of two you just split up and go to 2 different locations, listen for the boss and if you're lucky it's there, if not, you get the banish symbol on your screen because someone else got it instead. By the time you get all the way over there and get seen by the new Dark Sight feature it's much easier/less risky to just exit and get into a new game and rinse and repeat until it's your turn to be in the right place at the right time in the first locations you go to because the death penalty is too high.

• esisteintumor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since alpha a lot has changed, I can remember games lasting for the full 1hour duration.

Now that ppl are more experienced the average time from round start to boss banishment is below 10 minutes.
    In a lot of games even below 5 minutes.

So if you start for example in the south (cyprus huts) and after 3 minutes they start banishing in the north (scupper lake) it is impossible to do anything, you have just loaded the game for nothing.

So maybe add some kind of slowdown for those being lucky and stumble upon the boss.

Could be some kind of ritual to enter the boss area for the first time which takes less time the more clues you have collected.

Don't get me wrong, it is ok to be lucky but at least give other players the slightest chance to do anything. With the new Wallhack-Dark-Boost it has become even worse.

• FunimusPrime commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quick look at Ideas:
    - Spawn them in the open; not confined in a small room
    - Banishing phase should make mobs all over the map more "active" and react more hostile to players
    - Make a small circle around the banishing zone where it's a "safe space" for players from mobs

Why:
    Each of these ideas can potentially fix boss camping that has become the meta. In a small closed in area, it's easy to hide and remain silent. While in the open, you are much more vulnerable. You are very limited by your cover based on the area you are in - trees and tall grass and maybe some buildings, places that are obvious hiding spots.
    The idea for make mobs more "active" during the banishing phase would put more pressure on players who are late, but also makes sure they cannot secure an easy win, by just walking in and taking the bounty for themselves. The "safe zone" idea makes it to were the player(s) who killed the boss has an easier time securing the bounty, but still has to worry about other players - and, again, in a more open environment with more predictable hiding places.

• esreveR3210 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't particularly feel that monsters shouldn't spawn until a certain amount of clues are found, finding the monster early is an interesting quirk of the game, but it can be frustrating when banishing begins before you've found your first clue.
    finding three clues would put your damage at around the same time-to-kill as the current live build, so finding the monster and attacking it early would give other teams time to find a clue and start moving towards the boss' side of the map.

Feedback and Knowledge Base