Let’s hear your ideas:

Please make nights dark again, or make a darker night version.

The current night map has been brightened to a state where it's basically a re-skinned daytime. There's no reason to ever use lights, since even interiors are brightly lit.

68 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bugmayne shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • puoski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see this happen too. Back in the alpa night was really dark. It made the gameplay so different to the daytime. I think there is a way to do it atleast to somepoint that you can't use gamma etc. To give advantage. Lets hope for the best!

• GhostRecon1845 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree.

I simply turn the gamma setting up on my monitor and I can see as if its day time.

If you make the nights rely on actual simulated shadows and darkness we would have darkness that stays dark no matter the gamma level. The lights / lanterns would have a place in the game

• Player2992 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Only upvoting because it is similar to my idea that I posted before.

There needs to be reasons to use flashlights for sure! No need to make the whole map darker. Ppl will adjust their screen settings.

Much better idea - make a few compounds, houses, boss’s lairs extremely dark. Just pitch black that even with adjusted setting it would still appear extremely dark. This will definitely give ppl an insentive to use flashlights or lanterns in the game as a source of light rather than a weapon

• Bonexy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be nice but ppl just change the gamma using graphic driver.

• Gomerpilage1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think there is a way to create a standard lighting in game that is not altered by gamma, contrast and mod adjustments. I agree that the game would be better if it was truly dark where you had to use lanterns and lighting ect. But the problem is that you are at a huge disadvantage playing this way against those players who see you like it's daytime. I would totally play this way if it was PVE, but you add the PVP aspect well...

• Bugmayne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is necessary to increase black levels. Without that, people get an advantage from changing their monitor's gamma, since little is truly black.

• Bugmayne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actual night mechanics--strategic use of lighting, hiding in shadows, etc, would be amazing. But currently the nights (especially interiors) are just way too unrealistically bright for that

Feedback and Knowledge Base