Map & map features

In this forum you can share all of your thoughts and suggestions about the map, from the look to the functionality.

Let’s hear your ideas:

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Stationary weapons on the map (cannons, harpoons)

I've got an idea. How about placing cannons and harpoons on the map which can fire one projectile (can be used only once). Like you press "F" and start using it like other stationary weapons in other games.

They can spawn in random locations and can be used for I dunno for fun or for example if you place it in front of the boss area they can be used to against someone who is camping in the compound.

Harpoons can be placed on boats and cannons can be plased somewhere on the ground. Ther are will not be very…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dynamic/variety Spawning of.....

The crows are too much in some areas,... would be nice if some of the crows are landing In your planned path making it unplanned, and at the same time luck. :) Would love to see those camping unexpectedly blocking there way. Maybe they can also add owls at night or other birds that are in the trees.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Animatin on extraction

We should be abble to fight trough extraction boat movement with the players aboard or the carriage

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Firebuckets

Hello! I wrote this on the steam community forums at first but I post it here as well !

First of I think Hunt:showdown is a fantastic games with so many differant possibilites for playstyle! I read and seen people talking about fire though. That maybe there should be some kind of way to put out fires?

So I thought why not put out fire buckets around the map? Those were like the fire extinguishers back in those days! :P

The player often move around industry complex and the fire hazard is always high in those areas! Especially during those…

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. escapes

i keep running into this problem where all the exits are on one side of the map which sucks when you have already been fighting to keep your bounty you have hardly any items left low ammo and low health and then you have 1-2 teams that just team up and camp the exits since they are all on one side and you either have to try and fight when you have no dark sight left and get killed or hope no one is at the exit i think that exits shouldnt all just go to one side of the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Greyscale event for Halloween

It'd be cool to have a greyscale mode contract for Halloween. Have storm/fog as the weather with maybe a film grain or something. Maybe throw in bats inside of old buildings as noise triggers. Re-skin the Butcher into a frankenstein-like monster that shoots out electricity instead of fire. Seasonal events would be nice.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. quickswitching guns

maybe you could make it trait, that you can just drop the weapon your by holding a specific key while switching in order to reduce switching time by 50%, i think that would make for some really cool clutches

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Themed Hunts/Environments

Sparked idea from the Discord channel about having holiday-themed hunts and environments. Using Halloween as a base considering its closeness to the current date: lit jack o lanterns that can be used the same as lit lanterns, bowls of candy instead of medkits to heal from, hung banners in random homes that say "Happy Halloween," witch's pots brewing fog, and so on and so forth.

Why not also include possible finding collectible props for $1 such as Halloween masks, Christmas presents, New Year's spinners, etc, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Winter map - Werewolf/polarbear Boss

I read about the idea of a winter map and I like it very much.there could be snowfall or fog, footsteps could be visible for some time, and the boss could be some sort of werewolf or polarbear

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Post Game Map Statistics

At the end of a match, pop a map up showing where icons for where everyone started, where they went (with lines of different colours to help make it easier to tell them apart), and how/if they met their demise. Could make it more interesting to be able to see how the other hunters played out their match

34 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Boss Kiting

Bosses seem to be way too easy to kill due to kiting, there should be something to stop this, i.e. having to jump down into the boss area, or a door that locks you in so you cannot leave. Either I just believe boss fights in general should be harder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Mapa de montaña. (Mountain map)

Me parece que la estética del juego cuadra para que exista un mapa en una región mas fria (cold region). Podría tener un boss estilo un hombre lobo (werewolf). Espero lo lean!
    Saludos

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. campamento de Bandidos poseidos

La idea seria de la siguiente manera, ya que es un juego que tiene como base lo paranormal y lo bizarro en algunos caso, seria genial una especie de campamentos donde los bandidos esten poseidos (no zombies) si no que te disparan si te acercas los suficiente para su rango de vision. que estos campamentos tengan recompensas como objetos para personalizar tu cazador, como caras, peinados largos, peinados cortos, sombreros etc serian brutales en el juego.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hunter spawns in Solo

Long story short: I was starting a match of hunt and got killed by a hunter after killing 2 grunts. So I lost a hunter in merely ~30-40 secs into the match which is nothing more than ridiculous.

Please work on the spawns in hunt as it is definitely not fun to loose a pricy hunter right after the game merely started.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. New winter Mountainmap

It would be nice if a new map will import into the game. My idea would be a mountain landscape with small huts, a village in the center or distributed over three parts, a snowy winter forest, a church, a shepherd's hut or a hunters hut, Indian tent camp, rocky slopes with mine shafts, a post office and also a railway track with train wagons and other places in a snowy winter landscape in the mountains with a lot of nature.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. More life to map, rabbits, snakes, better jump scare

i think map is overcrowded with ,,grunts,, it will be nice to add something smaller: rabbits, snakes, bees, owls, mice, cats, bugs,etc
    And adding interaction between them, owl hunts for mice, but its easy to scare, but dont overdo with too much quantity on map.
    Also interaction between grunts and for examle armored ones, they make noise, armored is lured there and kill grunt.
    Jumps scare need to be better tweaked, it will be nice they let you pass and then come to you from behind, or they are hidden in mud

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make a small map for more action.

Currently the map is large and the amount of players that are on the map is small, I think this leads to a lot more walking and sneaking and not a lot of action. Fights generally last a short amount of time, so you spend a long time walking from place to place and not enjoying enough pvp. A smaller map will make the player need to walk less and fight more, this may require a new game mode along with it or a small tweak to the current game mode as players might stumble onto the boss accidentally on…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. BREAKABLE BRIDGES

Yesterday I was playing this fantastic game, and I was trapped in a high zone where it were some bridges to go to my position.

When I was putting traps on them for don't let other players come in, I saw this: https://gyazo.com/56ca3557959675e4cb1f141a533fa538

And then, was like a flash on my mind, I have an idea that I knew I should share with you guys. Why there's no breakable bridges?

The system could be using a knife or a hatchet to cut that rope and let the bridge fall down, or shooting at it. It could be cool to make…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. RAIN!

Imagine it starting when the banishing or showdown begins.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Increase the Map size

Is there any way the map size can be increased?
    Currently on a full server some players are spawning almost on top of boss compounds. Gives players no chance to gain clues/Money.

another hundred odd meters around maybe with mangrove mazes might break it up a bit more. I dont know. just an idea.

Love the game. think the stalking is what im liking the most. trying to get in and out with out loosing hunters. making cash. occasional battle. well done so far look for to future updates.

31 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Map & map features

Feedback and Knowledge Base