Map & map features

In this forum you can share all of your thoughts and suggestions about the map, from the look to the functionality.

Let’s hear your ideas:

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. How to show remaining time for the mission? With the Sun and the Moon

We all knows the limit for mission is 60 minutes. And I believe many of us just start timer so we could know how long remains. But I think it would be cool if Sun (day mission) and Moon (night mission) would shows the time. For example (day mission), when the mission start the Sun would be rise, in 30 minutes it would be up (like on midday) and with closer to 60minutes it would be sunset. So there would be not directly show the minutes but player could watch the Sun so he could know if it is in…

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dynamic in game map that fits the game atmosphere.

I hate the current map as it takes you away from the game emersion and does not fit the game atmosphere.

It would be better if the map was on a canvas roll that you see the Hunter roll out when selected in game. points of interest would smoulder into life every time you open it as obviously the map has some sort of magical properties.
    The Hunter could also fold the map up and hold it in one hand in the way of a mini map.
    when he has the map folded in this way he would only be…

64 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Keep Team Mates in Lobby after game.

Pretty self-explained

32 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Snow, Footprints and a "crunchy walk through snow" sound effect!!!

Hunt ist def. a great game. I love it so far.
    Crytek YOU MUST make a Snowmap where Footprints from the Hunter will stay visible and the crunchy sound of walking through the fresh snow will be hearable. MAKE A ATMOSPHERIC SNOW MAP, START NOW!!!

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. AFTER ACTION REVIEW

i think it would be rather interesting and innovative if after a mission was complete, death or extraction. that there would be a map displaying the travel path of each player took through out the length of the play time. so you could view how other teams play and react to map environments wittiness close calls with other players. or where engagements took place and see how many people there were in the match and what everyone did.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Maps, States, Folklore Monsters

Having maps for different states of USA and getting folk superstition about the state so its backed up with good foundation, maybe some kind Native American territory with a monster from their folklore?

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Cornfield Clue

I think adding a clue in the corn field would be awesome for the battles that would take place there. I don't feel enough fights happen in the cornfield and it'd be great if the clues could be in much more areas than they already are.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Unknown discoverable map

The map of Hunt Showdown is very well designed. It’s the most immersive multiplayer map I have ever played on. All that graphical details, the amazing sounds and the arrangement of the different parts of the map. Great work!

But if you have played some rounds Hunt Showdown, you will know all the spawn places, the locations of the clues and bosses, good places to camp, possible extraction points etc. After you have gotten this knowledge the hunt feels a way to mechanical. I think the feeling of a hunt should be to advance into an unknown dangerous area.

Many…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Weapon pickups scattered around the map.

We have a axe and a sledgehammer as weapon pickups we can find through the hunt that then we abandon after extraction. I've made a post about melee weapons issue here: https://feedback.huntshowdown.com/forums/908848-general-feedback/suggestions/33160009-melee-weapons-balance but TL:DR they aren't worth picking up in most if any scenarios. If we could find an actual flamethrower or a heavy machine gun with limited ammo then that would make a whole lot more sense. If there were pickup guns people would feel more encouraged and confident to start banishing instead of waiting for other players to do the job while camping for 15 minutes in the…

79 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Too many crows on slaughterhouse.

Seriously there's like 7 or 8 or even more crow spawns on slaugherhouse. If you are on the south side and wish to go to the north side without scaring them you have to leave the compound and walk 100 meters to the east or west and reenter the compound from the north. No other compound is like this. A bit overkill.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. It would be cool if it were just a bit SCARIER

I feel as though, naturally as the game progresses and AI becomes a bit better the game will organically become scarier. As of now though, I see great potential in this game and would love to see the horror aspect of it pop out a bit more. The first ever "horror battleroyale" should be bomb and I think you guys can pull it off. Like others have said, Smarter AI, more monsters, faster movements. Overall though, This game is great

73 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Discoverable map

Maybe it would be a nice mechanic if you only saw the part of the map you spawn on and then discover the rest by exploring.
    This could add new mechanics:
    - randomly generated maps.
    - when you kill another hunter you acquire their discovered part of the map along with their discovered clues.

45 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. spawn further from players

maybe a minimum distance to spawn from other players.

my second game and both my teammate and i were killed by another player inside 30 seconds. we heard shots from our left and our right as well.

no one wants to load for 2 mins and die in 30 seconds... the map looks pretty big, we shouldnt be spawning in shooting range of enemy players

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. SCROLLED MAP THAT YOU CAN READ WHILST WALKING

So for me the environment is what really makes this game stand out, however when you have to open your map that takes up the full screen it really draws you away from the atmosphere of the game.

Your hunter unreeling a scrolled up map (not to slow) and being able to walk whilst using it would be a huge implement to the game yet so simple. This would also give you the opportunity to use the remainder of the screen to keep an eye out for enemies, other hunters etc that could be about to take you out.

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Temporary extraction points

Maybe this is only something I would like implemented because of the current state of the game but I would like the game to start with 2x as many extraction points and they would "decay" until you have 2-3 left. At the moment when I load in there is a 50% chance that my partner will not spawn in with me making it a ten - fifteen minute slog to extract just so I can retry the connection. More locations at the beginning would allow people to "quit" in a more convenient fashion but still not let people just leave…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. TAVERN HUB/EAT DRINK/NOTICE BOARD (GET RID OF MENUS AND DARK VISION!)

In between matches, meeting in a Tavern with a few other players randomly would be nice. A good way to party up pre-queuing as well as meeting people in general.

Contracts could be posted on a wall near the Barkeep, the Barkeep could give you tips and share secrets. pay money to drink and eat to give you a health/stamina boost before a match.

Workbenches in Tavern areas to craft items eventually. Rooms for changing hunters/outfits/gear and a library to view books.

Essentially get rid of the boring menus.

Dark Vision is not fun. We should have to find something…

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Catacomb / Sewer networks

The underground portions of the world we currently have access to have pretty strong atmosphere. So why not create vast underground networks in a future map.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Replay mode!

At the end of a game, players should be able to go back and watch the game from the perspective of the other Hunters. It would be very interesting, considering there are always timed my friend and I have where we lay low and hear numerous shots off in the distance as we progress towards the monster. You never know whether they’re fighting the boss, other players, or just got into a sticky situation with the enemies in the environment. Looking back at the end of the game and viewing how every other Hunter had met their fate would be…

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Moving clouds to fluctuate moonlight

I usually only play night as its definitely the best for atmosphere. The moonlight looks great on the map but it would be interesting if the clouds moved as in the real world to sometimes cover the moon so the ambient light drops and raises back to normal.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Boats

What about if there were small, flat-bottomed bayou boats scattered around the map so in some of the larger bodies of water you could get around a little quicker, and avoid the gators and water snakes once they’re implemented.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Map & map features

Feedback and Knowledge Base