Map & map features

In this forum you can share all of your thoughts and suggestions about the map, from the look to the functionality.

Let’s hear your ideas:

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Wild Animals

I think it would be nice to put a few alligators and snakes in the lake, but not to much .

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Map worth exploring

Right now the map doesn't really feel worth to explore. Sure you can find ammo and health-kits but most of the time you only enter a house when you know theres a clue in it or you want a better strategic position (hiding/fleeing, high-ground) and for the battle against the boss creature of course. But other than that theres not really a reason to explore buildings or the map in general. Maybe there should be a reward for people that check houses by giving them the chance to find extra items that give small amount of cash or xp after…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. MORE MAP INTERACTIONS AND BOOBY TRAPS. WHOLE WORLD SHOULD BE AGAINST YOU

I love your game, and i have a lot of fun tracking down monsters and killing those ol' bastards.
    I think you should add more things that can attract or distract enemies, both players and zombies, and you should add traps for both players and AI.
    Once i played i used a piano (great idea) but i looked out the window and saw that nobody is atracted to that, even zombies were just standing still while the piano was playing. Gramofone is great, i saw it in the game, but there should be more to the map that is really…

28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. More towns, rail road depot?

A map that has more city/ towns. Swamps are fun but it would be fun forcing players into city's or towns. A lot of this game is camping and players just sit and wait. I under stand its a take it slow concept. But the tension would be so much greater if players had to sneak into a large port city surrounded by plantations and forts. Fighting on streets covered in larger number of monsters would force players to reconsider taking a shot or going a specific way.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. map brightness is a little high on the night maps

i hunt hunters when im at my best in this game so i like the night as a tactic for my following. i havent had too illuminate any area myself i can clearly see everything with no help, too me thats too bright and makes it less scary/immersive. except far out but that could be a render thing.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Clue inside a minorboss / Meathead

Some of the tips could been inside a minor boss like a meathead. You need to kill him to find the clue. This would force players to engage with the PVE.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add sneaking sneaks

You should add snakes, sneaking in swamps and high grass, hurting players. I'm not talking about a snake boss, but a few snakes in the entire map. They could climb on trees to surprise you. They could appear on standstill people.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Massive building/castle/wearhouse as a map. (Whatever fits the lore of the map)

Imagine roaming around a enormous building and actually have to use the flashlight/torch to see in some places, but have to be careful with it because of some monsters and otherplayers, of course.

Having to look in different rooms to find clues to where the boss is. (Maybe it's in the basement, attic. etc.)

Imagine as an example fighting players in a big hall with a monster/monsters roaming around you.

Fleeing from a monster/a group of zombies in a small hallway while reloading.

I think it sounds really exciting, and would add a lot to the horror element of the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hello Hunt Team please bring a map which reminds of the jungle of Crysis with the today's graphics of the Cryengine for all your Crysis fans

I think there are a lot of users who are waiting for a successor of Crysis like me!
    And which very big Crytek fans are so please, I ask you to make a level for exactly these fans with a jungle but with the Today Cryengine shows what a decent PC is able to show! Including Megascans etc!

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. There is probably someone pure left in the Bayou

It would be nice to encounter someone untainted in the bayou, a rare occurrence with its dangers that would add to the pve aspect and the pvp. it would be nice to have to make a choice between going after the bounty or deviating from the path in order to save an innocent. Having the possibility of a rare chance encounter of someone(npc) in the bayou would add to the immersion and the aspect of a living place. Hunt is a game of choices, as everything we do impacts what happens next, one false move and it is probably over.…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. In-game handheld map for enhanced immersion.

The idea is similar to how Far Cry 2 utilized their map. Instead of just pulling up a random menu screen of a map, how about a physical map that utilizes dark vision?
    It could work the exact same, making your character stationary and vulnerable -- however having your character pulling one up with his hands and going into dark vision to mark / update locations (instead of having a magical updating map like in Far Cry 2).
    I feel like this would make things more immersive, as well as give dark vision another purpose and functionality. If anyone has…

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Stop spawning players right next to the bounty

Two games now I've had people spawn right next to the Butcher and have it taken out in under 3 minutes. Both of those games I wasn't sure if the players were hacking due to the suspicious way they killed me and my teammate. It really ruins the experience when that happens, so please stop spawning players so close to the bounty. I spawned fairly close myself.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make extraction point not visible

Make it so the extraction point only shows up on the map if you have a bounty in hand. The other players will have to use the mechanic already designed to hunt players with bounties in order to snag one and extract, rather than just sitting at the nearest extract, and hoping the bounty comes to them. And if they happen to find an extract point along the way, when they are searching and killing then that would be fine, because they wouldn't know where the other 2 are..

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Seasons

Would love to get some varying map options that would relate to seasons such as Winter Fall Spring Summer etc. Addressing queue times by adding that many different options to maps could be debated on, but I think it could give a refreshing look to the game when it starts to get repetitive.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Deeper water, and operational canoes.

Maybe not in the existing map, but in any future map a canoe that one player could row while the other takes aim. The reason this would be utilized by players would be due to deep water in the map that couldn't be tread on foot. I can not stop thinking about how much fun a heavily water based map would be.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Change burning Map when banishing

Instead of the Map burning where the banishing is happening, it should start at the outer edges and burn towards the banishing area as the banishing percentage goes up. This will cause other hunters to continue their search but it will still help them get there before the banishing is completed to compete for the bounty.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Traps & Audio cues

Horror and atmosphere go hand-in-hand together. That is why audio needs to be refined and very important.

Things that happen "suddenly" often tends to keep people on edge. However, if it's random and not preventable, it will just be annoying over time.

Hence why I am suggesting things like:

-Trigger Tripwire 1

Disarm:
    Tripwires would be disarmable with F once the hunter has his cursor towards the tripwire.

Activation:
    What they do is simple: They are linked to either a piano or the Gramofone, and once you set one off by RUNNING over it, the one it is linked to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Living NPCs

Maybe have some spread out on random map locations, or even be part of trigger events. Usually short lived, but could see if help them out, they might offer some help, in items or even follow you and help you shoot.

For example, could come across a house where sever zombies are trying to break in. If help fend off those in time, could find that inside the house are still some living NPC. They might fear you and try to shoot at you (if you killed several other Hunters already), or help you out by follow you and be…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Map & map features

Feedback and Knowledge Base