Map & map features

In this forum you can share all of your thoughts and suggestions about the map, from the look to the functionality.

Let’s hear your ideas:

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Mini map

Mini map would make a lot of things better with the game. And make a clue get fixed on the map

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Jackalope and Bigfoots

Almost as a easter egg. Have those as rare spawns on a map, usually in a hard to find place. Don't do much, but give some decent exp if can find and kill them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Open Floors.

Drop toilets over swamps are a thing that happens. Adding trap door rooms to swamp houses allows other escapes. Perhaps the hole is blocked by a seat-less chair which makes noise when moved but allows alternate escape routes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Between Blanchett Graves and Pitching Crematorium

Between Blanchett Graves and Pitching Crematorium maybe add some subterranean tunnels and rooms that can lead into each other. They could also house boss fights and possible restock points to instigate player fights.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. A fort

Come on how cool it would be to fight a spider in a millitary fort where there are corpses all over the place? Also there could be some gatling guns or cannons to protect your bounty or to kill the monster.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. puddles should not reflect the environment the way they do now

Its very distracting seeing those fake reflections "glitching" in the mud puddles.Either show the real reflections of the surrounding environment or just make them reflective or have transparent instead.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. More Evacuation Spots

With only three, visible evacuation spots, it's very easy to camp those, which pretty much goes against the main premises of this game, which is the hunter becomes the hunted.

Camping evacuation points allows to bypass the whole "hunt for clues, then hunt the boss," routine and allows to skip straight for,"kill the guy with the bounty," part.

Which is why there should be more than three evacuation spots on the map, perhaps five(for each team).

That would make guessing where to wait for the bounty carrier much harder.

Alternatively, it's possible to add even more evacuation spots than five,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make enemies walking through thick bushes more noticable

Ive noticed that when walking through the thicker bushes (like in the far far south of the map) you are basically invisible. theres hardly any noise from moving through it and you walk through most of the branches. there should be animations on the bushes where you would hear the limbs bend and snap and the leaves rustle when moving through them. Also, if it is one of the thicker bushes, maybe adding in crows that sit atop the bush and scatter off when you enter it. im all for tactical approach love the game but bushes and brush seem…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. A deathmatch battle royale kind of mode, with or without Enemy AI, this would definitely pull more deathmatch players. I recommend.

A deathmatch battle royale kind of mode, with or without Enemy AI, this would definitely pull more deathmatch players. I recommend.
    This would add more to the game than just being co-op based. It is a little more work, even just one good map like the maps in the game would be great! Sometimes players just want to frag and the CRYENGINE is the best for realism. A DM mode in this game would make a massive amount of people happy and that's a great positive for a company.
    I really like the idea of this game a bit like…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. slower ai but way more numerious!

zombies cant run, make it so there slower but a lot more of them please:)

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Head Movement: Looking around while running.

Looking around I think is an important feature to include in this type of FPS.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. War of the Worlds easter egg.

Since this game takes place around in 1890, it would be fun to see an Easter Egg from an event taking place around the same era which is the War of the Worlds. If you are not familiar with War of the Worlds, it's basically an alien invasion which took place at the end of the 19th century featuring tri-pods.

So what I'd like to see on the map is a 'footprint' of one of the tri-pod war machines.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Exit points have random/certain difficulties of escape

Is it possible to have exits to have a bit of variety, like maybe one exit is gated off an needs a key, the other area is heavily populated with monsters and another is just open and empty. That way when a banishment is over, the players usually have plan out their escape a little more instead of just running towards the nearest exit. Just randomized to add a bit of variety...I dunno, what do you guys think? too much?

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Would be nice to be able to set some Waypoints which are signed in the upper Compas Bar

ATM i dont see any Features to set Waypoints, to set Waypoints would be usefull to coordinate on the Map, so u could see with a coloured sign in the upper Bar where to go to.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ripples and splash when walking through water

I'm not sure how much resources this would consume, but could people moving through ponds and marshes (basically pools of water) create ripples, with the speed determining the range of those ripples? Also, it'd be nice if you made a lot of splashing noise when running in water.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Map exit with esc

make it so when viewing map you can hit esc once to get back to game instead of menu (currently it forces you to hit esc twice to get back to game.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bridge (or Boat?) from Church to Graves

Churches are where funerals happen. Graveyards are where the bodies go. Currently the map has no connection for getting a coffin (and equipment like a hearse?) from the Healing Waters Church to the Graves.
    I don't know how they do this in a real Bayou, but maybe there's some... added feature you could put in, like a sunk funeral taxi, or the broken bits of road that whatever creatures destroyed when the whole event went down? Unless I've missed something off Lockbay Docks?

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make sure that the random spawning points aren't THAT random.

It's good and well that we start in randomized places in the map, but last night I started in the very zone of the boss, and when I got to the first clue, the map immediately cleared to show me where the boss was.

I think that players shouldn't start in the same area as the boss, so everyone has at least a few shots to find it.

Currently, it's pretty easy to start the search in one corner of the map, and see that another group of hunters have already found it and started killing it, turning into the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Unique Boss Locations

The boss rooms don't really fit there style. For the spider it would be interesting to have a spider cave filled with huge cobwebs that you have to find in a building or outside in a forest. For the Butcher make it so its like a butcher shop with blood all over the place.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Map & map features

Feedback and Knowledge Base