Meta Game

In this forum, you can share all of your thoughts and suggestions about the meta game, from progression to bloodlines.

Let’s hear your ideas:

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. RAISE THE STAKES FOR GOOD PLAYERS. HELP THE BAD ONES.

Psychology tells us that humans enjoy games as long as they win at least ~30% of matches. Less than that becomes frustrating.

In most MP games, this is what the MATCHMAKING is for; to connect same-skill level players on a server, making the game fun for everybody. This is not the case of HUNT where the lack of matchmaking is underlined with the losers having worse equipment than the winners.

Right now, HUNT metagame economically favors the successful, while punishing the losers.

This is motivating only to a certain degree. In long-term it drives the unsuccessful players, who are majority,…

39 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. COOP

How much time do you still have to wait for a non-PVP cooperative mode?
    Do developers really think it's fun to see levels 100 killing bosses in 2 minutes from the start and Camp with the elite?

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hunter Tier Progression by Hunter Level

Hunter tiers, right now, are nearly meaningless; just representing the level someone is, sometimes, but it could mean much more. If hunter tier were tied to hunter level, and your hunter went up in tier as it gained levels, people would know your hunter was leveled, has a bunch of traits, the player has been at least somewhat successful, and that hunter is likely well armed (because they don't want to lose their high level hunter), just by looking at 'im. Since they're more dangerous, it makes sense that they're also worth more experience; sort of like an increased bounty.…

24 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Extra XP From Hunters With Prestige

Nowadays. Comparing XP for killing new players tier 1 and prestige people, who spend a lot of hours in game, this people have same level of skill. But they are not. Mostly the prestige people will fight like tigers from jungle, they know mechanic, map and much more. I think, that the xp reward does not display the higher fight risk level.

30 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Player Bounties & Wanted Posters

~PLAYERS BOUNTIES~

In a game that already revolves around bounties, Why not put bounties on the head of a players hunter.

Instead of giving 1000 exp for tier 3 hunters, and 500 for tier 2 hunters why not base of off hunter level with level 50 rewarding the most experience. I like this idea because often i wonder what kinda experienced player i just put down.

~WANTED POSTERS~

The second idea that goes hand in hand with this, is the idea of wanted posters.

These posters would be ideally placed at each extraction point. Giving some details for all players…

62 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Co - op bounty hunting

I know this game originally came from the idea of Horrors of the Gilded Age by the same studio and I have a small idea. Money is an issue, and a concern, when you play the game. One bad death can set you back around a thousand at a higher level. While that is the risk, and some of the fun, of this game. The sting can easily cause enough hate to put the game down.

How about allowing for a PvE enviroment also, bounties that must be handled without worrying about other hunters. Same idea, run around, get clues,…

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Eliminate the test server - this is an Early Access game

While I understand the desire to ensure stability and get 'early feedback' the reality is that you've positioned this as an Early Access title. If that's truly the case, the entire premise of selling it was to leverage a player-base to help with stability and early feedback. Creating a Test Server variant just further splits the already small player-base and adds unnecessary patching and maint of two clients.

What little I've played on the Test Server was far more stable than things I've seen go live with other games. While I appreciate the dedication to delivering a solid product to…

57 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please nerf the machete (and meele weapons in general)

It is ridiculous that you can kill players in one hit with a machtete, while most of the time players survive 2 shotgun rounds up close! Hunt Showdown is an incredible game, but this kind of gameplay is simply frustraiting. Melee weapons are the cheapest way to kill grunts, hives, and amoured, dont let them be the cheapest way to kill hunters aswell! Please just increase the cost of the saber on a grand scale, while keeping it a one hit weapon and nerf the player damage of the machete, its alredy usefull enouth as an amoured shreddering machine!!!

Thank…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. SPARKS LLR NEEDS A BUFF

Badly needs a buff. Headshots are very hard to land. The weapon never kills from one shot at close range. The reload is so long that if you don't land a headshot or stand extremely far away from the target, you are at a big disadvantage.

It should be at least just as powerful as a crossbow at close range. How this rifle doesn't one-shot kill in the upper body at close range is crazy to me.

Maybe faster reload will do. Regardless of what it is, the weapon needs a buff. Haven't seen it used by anyone in the…

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. NERF SHOTGUNS AND MELEE WEAPONS

It is simply unnacceptable that you can get into a long range skirmish, hit your target multiple times, then suddenly die when you go into to finish them off because they are waiting with a shotgun/ melee weapon that kills you in one hit (but prior, you took zero damage to anything) this has been an increasingly frusterating pattern that I've noticed. Bad players can't fight long range so they rely on one hit kill gimmicks, and the bad thing is it usually works for them. Shotguns should require at least two good placement shots. Melee attacks should be at…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Unfair Matchmaking

The game does a poor job of making matches with players of similar levels.

I'm a level 24 newb and for the past few games have been matched up with players up to three times my level. That's not a good matchmaking system.

Matches should not vary by more than 10 levels, i.e. 0-10, 11-20, 21-30 etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Increase the bounty value based on the dark side boost seconds not used

Let's say that once the boss drops the bounty, it has a pure state and, if we use the dark sight boost, the purity of the bounty is degraded. If you don't use all the seconds using the ability that provides the bounty, it will be more valuable.

Therefore my propose here is to take more reward if the dark sight boost is not completely used (for example, 10$ extra received per each second not used)

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Carrying friends

I was thinking a way to increase the teamplay, and this one sounds really cool. Sometimes your partner gets down in places complicated to revive, and he is burned far from you... i was thinking in a way to carry him and at least can walk with a middle or small weapon in hand only. Then you can drop him in a secure place, and fight or revive him.

And the other thing i think, is the way to save your dead teammate to the extraction point in order to save his items or even the hunter. That would increase…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hunter level restrictions to balance high-end weapons like Nitro and Avtomat

What I loved about hardcore games was the bound you build up between yourself and the characters you control. X-COM series was like this and I loved it. You get punished emotionally if you play carelessly and lose a character. Hunt can be one of those games and it can also help balancing the high-end weapons problem which is still going on right now.

The idea is simple: a small restriction based on the hunter level. An experienced hunter can use better and bigger weapons. In order to get a Nitro, you should first level up your hunter. For example,…

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Dynamite Changes

Pretty sure everyone has encounted death by a cooked mega dynamite and enrage over how the blast radius is too massive to even escape.
    So it got me thinking, instead of changing the blast radius, we can change the range each dynamite can be thrown. The bigger the dynamite, the shorter the range. Making bigger dynamite more risky of being thrown as one wrong move will be inescapable. This will have players need to balance accuracy and cooking of the dynamite.
    #HIGH RISK,HIGH REWARD

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Concern over Pay-to-Win (Vote to Oppose)

Devs please don't settle for the easy low hanging fruit like so many devs do.

I can see how they could add a pay to win micro transaction system or super guns/easy mode dlc. where you pay money to buy dollars e.g. $50 for $2500 currency. Where kids with mummies credit card can buy the best guns, pay to level up, get cheap boosts like see all players locations etc, and basically ruin the game for all players.

Please don't do this it may look appetizing to make some cheap cash but it would chop the legs off this game…

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Smoke trace for throwable explosives, and distinctive sounds.

Everyone running with at least 2 explosives, throwing them with timing and you don't hear or see anything: no sound of ticking or burning, no hiss - just explosion and you're dead or nade hitting planks sound.

I suggest you revamp sounds so it is possible to hear hissing and ticking properly and have an option to react to the nade-spam.

Also, add a smoke trail, so people can't just sit in bushes and nade-spam without any repercussions.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Shops, NPCs and missions

The future holds tarot cards, we already have traits and weapon/item shop. Why not put people (NPCs) in charge of them. So when i go to buy weapons or upgrade my traits, an NPC is sitting there through whom you have to buy, also this NPC should be able to give missions (get this, go there, kill these, that kina stuff), and through these mission you should be able to unlock weapons, traits and cards that would only be obtainable this way, or maybe some mission just provided a permanent discount at that trader.

Also, armor. it doesn't have to…

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Revamp Progression Systems

The weapon and item unlock system in Hunt, in my opinion, kills the high stakes and meaningful investment I was expecting from this game. Unlocking weapons with level ups feels like an arbitrary and uninteresting way to reward success.

I am currently sitting at around $6000 with no meaningful way to spend any of that money. The weapons currently available to me are only marginally better than the default ones and cost very very little money. There have been numerous times in which I have lost close quarter shotgun fights simply because I had one round ammo capacity and my…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make Hunters Have More Lives

My money runs out really fast, because let's say i'm not that skilled yet my rank being 71. At most i can keep a hunter for 3 matches..., and then i got to buy another one, and another. By making hunters have maybe 2 lives. It's really frustrating for me at least to lose my hunter every 2nd match or so, and i don't think i'm alone in this circle. I think this would be a good way to let us save more money.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base