Meta Game

In this forum, you can share all of your thoughts and suggestions about the meta game, from progression to bloodlines.

Let’s hear your ideas:

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Different Game Modes

Even though I understand yall will be introducing new maps and bosses later on I think you guys might need something to keep the player base active in the future. For example have a capture bounty where you have to go and catch a boss in some way and then you have to bring it to extraction, but you are slower and have to perform various tasks to keep it captured. Maybe a saboteur bounty where a player on top of the leaderboard is hunted down by other players on random mode selection so it comes as a surprise. Even…

555 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

108 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hunters, good news we just went live on the Test Server with our new game mode Quickplay. More game modes will come in the future, please keep an eye out on the future roadmap.

2. Werewolves and Vampires

I think the addition of these would make the hunters feel more like the hunted. AI werewolves and vampires could attracted by the player when the Hunter bleeds or gets burned . This could also open the ability to the Hunters becoming infected with either infection. Could have strong benefits and weakening defects with the infection

331 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Player Bounties & Wanted Posters

~PLAYERS BOUNTIES~

In a game that already revolves around bounties, Why not put bounties on the head of a players hunter.

Instead of giving 1000 exp for tier 3 hunters, and 500 for tier 2 hunters why not base of off hunter level with level 50 rewarding the most experience. I like this idea because often i wonder what kinda experienced player i just put down.

~WANTED POSTERS~

The second idea that goes hand in hand with this, is the idea of wanted posters.

These posters would be ideally placed at each extraction point. Giving some details for all players…

173 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Daily updated quests!

The game needs some daily updatet quests -> Dailys, whitin the players can earn some limited daily rewards.

As example how it can looks like:

Quest 1: Kill 5 "Armored" and you will earn 200 "Dollars" after finishing the Match.

Quest 2: Kill 2 Hunters and u will earn a random recruitet Hunter Tier2.

Quest 3: Finish a match while extracting the boss token and u will earn the weapon "Sparks LRR".

This would be a high motivation for the players too log in every day and finish the Quests for some extra stuff.
    You only have to look that…

150 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. RAISE THE STAKES FOR GOOD PLAYERS. HELP THE BAD ONES.

Psychology tells us that humans enjoy games as long as they win at least ~30% of matches. Less than that becomes frustrating.

In most MP games, this is what the MATCHMAKING is for; to connect same-skill level players on a server, making the game fun for everybody. This is not the case of HUNT where the lack of matchmaking is underlined with the losers having worse equipment than the winners.

Right now, HUNT metagame economically favors the successful, while punishing the losers.

This is motivating only to a certain degree. In long-term it drives the unsuccessful players, who are majority,…

102 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Eliminate the test server - this is an Early Access game

While I understand the desire to ensure stability and get 'early feedback' the reality is that you've positioned this as an Early Access title. If that's truly the case, the entire premise of selling it was to leverage a player-base to help with stability and early feedback. Creating a Test Server variant just further splits the already small player-base and adds unnecessary patching and maint of two clients.

What little I've played on the Test Server was far more stable than things I've seen go live with other games. While I appreciate the dedication to delivering a solid product to…

74 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Small secondary bosses around the map/ and it's clues

So yeah, title is pretty self explanatory.

Have smaller/weaker bosses around some compounds of the map (not too many, 1 or 2 will do).

Clues could be: you find a piece of paper somewhere, with perhaps a black&white retro feeling picture of the boss itself, and it's location (written).

About the bounty, not sure, could be a bag of gold (to not interfere with the main bounty system) that you can drop if you die...

Cheers!

66 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Extra XP From Hunters With Prestige

Nowadays. Comparing XP for killing new players tier 1 and prestige people, who spend a lot of hours in game, this people have same level of skill. But they are not. Mostly the prestige people will fight like tigers from jungle, they know mechanic, map and much more. I think, that the xp reward does not display the higher fight risk level.

65 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Kill assist rewards

i cant be the only player who is sick of not getting kill rewards because armored, dogs or other players do the final blow, right? very frustrating imo.

no need to invent something new here, just give us xx% of the kill exp and an assist stat in the bloodline when we damaged a player within xx seconds before he died

63 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Hunter Tier Progression by Hunter Level

Hunter tiers, right now, are nearly meaningless; just representing the level someone is, sometimes, but it could mean much more. If hunter tier were tied to hunter level, and your hunter went up in tier as it gained levels, people would know your hunter was leveled, has a bunch of traits, the player has been at least somewhat successful, and that hunter is likely well armed (because they don't want to lose their high level hunter), just by looking at 'im. Since they're more dangerous, it makes sense that they're also worth more experience; sort of like an increased bounty.…

57 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Single action revolvers buff

Revolvers are the THEME of WILD WEST and i don't think they get enough love in this game. They should be more viable and worth taking instead of insta swap when quartermaster.

Some ideas how to make it, as an alternative to each other not sum of all:
    -make fanning perk lower bloodline rank (in the are of chain pistol)
    -increased movement speed while ads in comparison to 2h weapons.
    -decreased sway while moving with ads (or more sway to 2h)
    -give ads speed based on weight and gabarites of weapon
    -fast draw - revolvers are fastest secondary to swap…

49 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. SPARKS LLR NEEDS A BUFF

Badly needs a buff. Headshots are very hard to land. The weapon never kills from one shot at close range. The reload is so long that if you don't land a headshot or stand extremely far away from the target, you are at a big disadvantage.

It should be at least just as powerful as a crossbow at close range. How this rifle doesn't one-shot kill in the upper body at close range is crazy to me.

Maybe faster reload will do. Regardless of what it is, the weapon needs a buff. Haven't seen it used by anyone in the…

46 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please nerf the machete (and meele weapons in general)

It is ridiculous that you can kill players in one hit with a machtete, while most of the time players survive 2 shotgun rounds up close! Hunt Showdown is an incredible game, but this kind of gameplay is simply frustraiting. Melee weapons are the cheapest way to kill grunts, hives, and amoured, dont let them be the cheapest way to kill hunters aswell! Please just increase the cost of the saber on a grand scale, while keeping it a one hit weapon and nerf the player damage of the machete, its alredy usefull enouth as an amoured shreddering machine!!!

Thank…

42 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. COOP

How much time do you still have to wait for a non-PVP cooperative mode?
    Do developers really think it's fun to see levels 100 killing bosses in 2 minutes from the start and Camp with the elite?

35 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow players to team-up in game and form a truce.

So at the moment, the only interaction other players have is that they either are avoiding, camping or actively hunting other hunters.

Also, the in-game voice chat can be heard by other hunters, so a player doesn't have any real incentive to use it unless playing with a random.

So this gives friends an advantage because they can just use Teamspeak, Discord, Skype, Etc...

So I would suggest that players can have truces, where they can form an alliance with other hunters in the game. Maybe they have to shake hands or something for it to work (having an empty…

35 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. stopping power

Give all weapons "Stopping Power" So people cant Rush you with their machete while ur filling them with High Powered Lead Traveling at 300mph

31 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. An insurance system for your hunters

I like that the game is harsh, and permadeath is a nice option. On the other hand, I can't imagine being able to level up a hunter to lvl50 - at this point it seems like something that will be possible for a couple of players altogether. Also, would you risk taking your high level hunter to play with, if you knew you're going to need weeks and a lot of luck to get another one leveled up? That's why an insurance option of some sorts would be nice . The cost could be cash or a decrease on the…

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Co - op bounty hunting

I know this game originally came from the idea of Horrors of the Gilded Age by the same studio and I have a small idea. Money is an issue, and a concern, when you play the game. One bad death can set you back around a thousand at a higher level. While that is the risk, and some of the fun, of this game. The sting can easily cause enough hate to put the game down.

How about allowing for a PvE enviroment also, bounties that must be handled without worrying about other hunters. Same idea, run around, get clues,…

25 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Concern over Pay-to-Win (Vote to Oppose)

Devs please don't settle for the easy low hanging fruit like so many devs do.

I can see how they could add a pay to win micro transaction system or super guns/easy mode dlc. where you pay money to buy dollars e.g. $50 for $2500 currency. Where kids with mummies credit card can buy the best guns, pay to level up, get cheap boosts like see all players locations etc, and basically ruin the game for all players.

Please don't do this it may look appetizing to make some cheap cash but it would chop the legs off this game…

24 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Increase the bounty value based on the dark side boost seconds not used

Let's say that once the boss drops the bounty, it has a pure state and, if we use the dark sight boost, the purity of the bounty is degraded. If you don't use all the seconds using the ability that provides the bounty, it will be more valuable.

Therefore my propose here is to take more reward if the dark sight boost is not completely used (for example, 10$ extra received per each second not used)

22 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base