Let’s hear your ideas:

RAISE THE STAKES FOR GOOD PLAYERS. HELP THE BAD ONES.

Psychology tells us that humans enjoy games as long as they win at least ~30% of matches. Less than that becomes frustrating.

In most MP games, this is what the MATCHMAKING is for; to connect same-skill level players on a server, making the game fun for everybody. This is not the case of HUNT where the lack of matchmaking is underlined with the losers having worse equipment than the winners.

Right now, HUNT metagame economically favors the successful, while punishing the losers.

This is motivating only to a certain degree. In long-term it drives the unsuccessful players, who are majority, out of the game.

I propose raising the stakes for successful players, while helping the losers get back on their feet, and out of the tilt. I don't know exactly how, but it has to be done for the health of the game.

Idea: Give players a "better deal" on a high tier hunter after certain amount of financial losses and bad K/D ratio. Like 70% OFF discount on a well equipped hunter. Discounts on weapons. Gift weapons. etc.

Basically let the frustrated player have a good time once in a while.

102 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ultrasuperior shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Boredman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They don't care enough to make meaningful changes to the game.

All the devs do is just mess around with a couple of existing weapon models, add a stock, make it smaller or shoot a bit faster. Am I the only one that knows this game has hit it's limit? They are going to keep trying to entice players with tiny bits of content and then let them get ground out on the game.

The new map is just bait for new players to the slaughter

• potsblitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the economy should be adjusted in a way that makes it easier for noobs to rack up some money with rather bad weapons and makes it hard to gain any money for people using very strong guns. for example, you could make the bodies of players that got killed by an avtomat just contain like 5$ with a high probability and like 500$ for the bodies that got downed by a winnie, whilst using an avtomat, so that gear plays an important role in economy. that way you wont freak out whenever you lose a round, just like in cs. but you should maybe rise all the weapon prices a bit after that, to make up for the increase in money-output.

• HITHAWD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YOOO this made me ***** up...… So another words you suck soooo bad we have to help you out. I think they fixed this with the gun selection. The new guns that are cheap but powerful help even the playing field for low tier hunters.

• CalibanXXV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I dont think Optic-Rewards or discounts are the solution. Don´t need pink colored stuff like in COD. Just Matchmaking based on K/D and Bloodline lvl, to give every Player the oppertunity to fight against more or less same skilled opponents.

• Maddog_78 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this idea. I started several weeks ago with a friend, played nearly 90 hours, looked at videos, read tips and tricks websites, tried to learn and changed playstyle, now my Kill-Ratio is 0,1x, money is gone and I can't even try new weapons. Even farming XP by stealthy zombiefarming is more like a bingo game. Okay, I know I'm an all-time-noob, and I can live with being geeked by the pro-roxxors, leaving them the bounties, and trying it dozens of times again and again. But now I'm a noob with bloodrank 50 an didn't even test half of the possible equip because of the lack of money. Besides, the pro-roxxors wouldn't be pro-roxxors without people like me, right? Maybe it's understandable that at this point the game doesn't make much fun or give motivation to players like me. Of course you shouldn't forget the hardcore-players, give them their ladder-ranking-whatever-matches. But losing players because the money-scissors are spreaded to much cannot be the solution.

• Lord_Klaus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a **** player. Happy to admit it. No hiding it. However, don't want to have everything handed to me.
    My issue with the game is that I'm matched up with lvl 100 players with those automatic rifles and a K/D ratio that looks more like a speed limit.
    The other issue I have is, the start of every match is awesome: sneaking around, trying to be stealthy, but as soon as you encounter another player they are bouncing around and moving unnaturally like a rabbit on pingers with a firecracker up it's ****. I can't hit **** and they land a kill shot on me, no ****, generally within the first two seconds.
    All well and good for those people that good. But this isn't fortnite or those other **** games. I'd just like to see myself matched with people my own skill level. I have a life and can't play these games to the degree where it makes me "git gud"

• Norby123 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What the heck is up with all these HARDCORE defenders?!? Let's have a proper matchmaking system, and you can play your "harcore" matches in higher tiers, and we can also enjoy our matches in lower tiers! Stop expropriating this game!

• Gomerpilage1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here's what I think needs to happen which is a lot of the problem of the game as it stands. This game rewards the veterans and punishes the noob. The "Get better" Philosophy only partially stands, here's why.
    1. You don't have access to all that a veteran has access to. Weapons, traits, and money. This creates a game where you are pitted against those that not only have more experience, (Which is deserved) but also better gear and money to buy that gear as well as traits.
    Solution: get rid of this tier leveling system and give all players access to everything from the start. That way they have an equal chance where they can only get frustrated from dying because they suck, not because they're being outgunned and traited. Give Veterans trophies and badges and cosmetic stuff that you have to earn that makes you look like a badass and says "I'm awesome" instead of separated players due to unbalanced gameplay. This is where I feel a lot of the player base gets frustrated. The idea that I have to grind my way through 100 lvls to finally get to play the way I want is very frustrating and a lot of players will probably just leave before they get there.
    Your weapon choice is very limited and your life is very fragile in this game with a high death penalty. Most people probably don't mind dying if they've been outplayed, but when they feel like they're dying due to issues out of there control, then they get frustrated.

• Rinkashikachi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Devs, Im tired of arguing with this bad players under every thread which they create after their first death. Dont make this game too easy. One of the Hunts main feature is being HARDCORE. And the majority of our community loves it. Dont forget about us. Nobody creates threads where he says "I love this game". But almost everyone will write some $%^*@ if something is too hard for him. Stay strong, Crytek, and dont fall back

• mcwes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that handouts are probably not the best way to keep players interested. I also get that you kind of want to encourage players to kill the bosses. But there's so many disadvantages if you aren't able to either kill a boss or get a player kill. It's weird to think that the best thing to do is extract in that case, which is stop playing to start over. Cut your losses.

I was really hoping that there would be more incentives to explore the world, kill zombies, instead of just sneaking around and trying to either kill players or her the boss kill.

Not everyone is good at PvP, willing to play maybe, but not great. You need options for those players. In match achievements worth $$$. An example might be be there first to collect 3 clues. Now you've changed the goal from killing each other, to collect clues /without/ dying. It's a risky race.

What about mini bosses that don't have a droppable bounty? Less reward than the big guys, but still interesting.

• guiavena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thing is, there is a MUCH better solution for this: proper matchmaking.

They are working on it, so nothing to worry about

• Ultrasuperior commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Case in point: out of 6 friends who purchased the game, only the 2 most successful continue playing after 14 days. That's a bad sign.

enemy1588

HUNT meta has a thermometer. Are you getting cold? Lets turn up AC and make it freezing for you.

Are you too hot? Lets turn the heat up!

This is a valid approach - if you're cold (you suck) warm yourself up (get better) and the game will turn the heat on (as a good player, you don't have to spend that much on hunters and can afford better weapons)

The question is how large is the group of players who instead of getting better - simply leave the game?

You may let them leave, but I don't think that's wise for a MP game.

• enemy1588 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The solution to this used to be get better. Now everyone is upset when theyre not the best at a game instantly. It used to be what made you good at games was practice not hand outs....

@M4S-_-T3R it would need to be safeguarded against gaming by

- not counting sessions shorter than 10 mins
    - not counting deaths by zombies into this "pity mechanics"
    - not counting multiple deaths by the same player, to prevent friends from trading kills

etc. Make it inconvenient to game the mechanics.

• dspader commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be quite nice. A friend and I sometimes just take the silenced winfield and try to clear the map of every monster that we pass by to get some money. Also taking the K:D into account while matchmaking would be also something to consider as it makes the PvP part it more balanced.

• RockinRollaS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hold a positive K:D Ratio and money can get tight. You have to win games to get money. Simply going 1:1 is not good enough. If you lose more than you win you lose money. This is 65%-70% of the players in the game. 2-4 bounty. 10 players. More than half usually lose and die. Some sort of discount every now and again would let them play something more fun. I think it's a good idea. Also I wish it was not so hard to make money once you hit BL 100. 1-99 was easy money. Now I feel like I'll eventually be forced to prestige or play budget characters often.

Feedback and Knowledge Base