Please nerf the machete (and meele weapons in general)
It is ridiculous that you can kill players in one hit with a machtete, while most of the time players survive 2 shotgun rounds up close! Hunt Showdown is an incredible game, but this kind of gameplay is simply frustraiting. Melee weapons are the cheapest way to kill grunts, hives, and amoured, dont let them be the cheapest way to kill hunters aswell! Please just increase the cost of the saber on a grand scale, while keeping it a one hit weapon and nerf the player damage of the machete, its alredy usefull enouth as an amoured shreddering machine!!!
Thank you guys in advance,
Keep up the otherwise great work!
What we need are two things:
1. Players charging a melee should lose MELEE stamina while sprinting with a charged melee attack.
2. Blocking of some kind. Right mouse button maybe, only with melee weapons and not with bayonet/talon weapons.
just make the charged-hit end as soon as you recieve ~30 damage in one hit and add some blowback/slowdown on hit to movement. would be fun to make ppl fall off a platform by shooting them if theyre like very close to the edge and would also balance the melee.
I usually die when rushing with the machete, if they nerf the machete nobody would use it.
no, it is good how it is, you literally have to rush someone with a gun, its a gamble running at someone with a melee weapon, if you die by it.......well bad luck
An easy solution to this would be to allow you to click a block button, raising your weapon. If its not a melee weapon, you take some damage, but not a oneshot, and it drains the stamina of the attacker completely so they dont just charge and murder you immediately. ****, make it so if you are charging melee for a weapon, it acts as a block and lets you attack right after the block if you want.
While I agree with you on a lot of things, specifically play style in general (considering I do the exact same thing, except slightly different. Winfield to 31 then Caldwell all the way to 100 if I'm trying to prestige as quickly, and efficiently as I can. Takes about 35 hours to get from 1-100 this way. I've done it several times. Specter can be rough, Caldwell is definitely the meta. Specter + bayonet is okay, but machete is superior because, you can still do a lot of damage if you run out of stamina and time your hits right. Where as, with a bayonet, after you run out of stamina, you're basically screwed, because you resort to hitting the enemy with the top barrel of your gun, which basically does no damage. If you're speed running bayonets can be an issue because of stamina. Just a tip, but feel free to play with however you're comfortable. I personally ignore all stealth mechanics in-game but am constantly moving. This actually ends up confusing players more, because I'm setting a bunch of noise off, but never in the same spot. I WANT hunters to shoot at me so I can charge and kill them. Every now and then I'll take 2.5k gear and play slow, but I never have an issue with money. Considering my loadout costs roughly $175 at the most with 2 sticks of wax dynamite, worse case scenario = death and I break even for the match). I still disagree on the movement issue. I also have disgusting amounts of hours sunk into video games and could go pro in any shooter if I really wanted to. It sounds like you could to. Now, we both know you have either one of two things going for you:
1. You either have an insane amount of mouse space to play on a low sensitivity and turn that quick.
2. You have a decent amount of mouse space with DPI. Which, is what allows you to turn like that.
There's no way you're using a standard mouse pad with low sensitivty and strafing like that, in this, or any game. I know because, I actually play with a standard mouse pad. Most hardcore/professional players do 1 of these 2 things. It's the only way to be accurate without upping sensitivty. You will see some professional players playing on a higher sensitivty, but if you pay close attention, the champions are always the ones who play on lower sensitivites. If you do either 1 of these, which I know you do, then you can still turn quickly like you do. Most players don't think of doing either one of those things though.The issue isn't with the strafing itself, but more with how most players are playing on sub 30 frames with drops as low as 20's in some fights. This has to do with how poorly the game is optomized, but also, players are using low-midrange hardware and hoping to come out on top during a firefight, when they constantly have frame skips/dips. This is why shotguns are the meta right now.
You can make the movement as straight as a pole, and you're always going to be able to strafe if you have a high sensitivity. Run straight in game at an enemy hunter, and strafe left to right with A + D while keeping your mouse directly in front of you. Now watch him laugh and shoot you dead in about 3 seconds. Even someone with the worst of aim would be able to pick you off easily doing this. Now, do that same thing, except up your sensitivy a lot, and flick your mouse left and right while strictly moving forward. You have about a 50/50 chance of closing the gap, because for whatever reason people panic when they see "that guy." As you'll notice, the cause of "strafing" isn't actually the strafing itself. It's the higher sensitivity. While I wish you wouldn't have given away such a great tactic (one that I myself do A LOT when I encounter someone doing this), which is running back towards your partner and letting them shoot them, maybe it needed to get out. It works everytime. This is the easiest way to counter it. Expect to see these people in every lobby, make it a thing for you and your partner to be aware of people like this, so one of you can bait, and have the other one pick them off easily. It's honestly not hard. I also have zero problem shooting them myself without running, but I don't panic or get flustered. I die every 1 out of 100 machete charges. I'm dead serious. I NEVER die to machetes/melee weapons. As I've said before, there's plenty of other tactics to deal with players, but for whatever reason most players want to stand still and only use their rifles. It's like they don't realize that theres millions of strategies out there. It's not my job to teach other players them. We all weren't the greatest at one point and that's okay. You just have to put in the time to get better, like the rest of us. I'm talking to you, noobs.
On top of hardware limitations, poor optimization, high mouse sensitivty, DPI, there's also a completely separate issue - ping. Which I'm not going to get into. I could write an essay on this topic, but I'll leave it at that.
i can see where you are coming from but lets break it down and say why i disagree.
1. (You're upping your sensitivity and sacrificing accuracy to be able to strafe like that) this is simply not true I personally play on a low sensitivity ,"inches to a full 360 turn hip 7 3/4 in. ads 9 3/8 in." this is what i use for all my games. machete uses hip sensitivity so that's 7 3/4 inch for a full turn. it takes me a 10th of a second to do a full turn. this allows me to do a mad man dash even with low sensitivity, which i shamefully do. an exaggerated example .place you right arm on your chest almost like a solute as fast as you can snap your right arm out like a karate chop .this is a much larger distance for the hand to travel and i promise you that you did it in less then a 20th of a second.
2. (The movement is already linear enough. It's not like people who charge other players with a machete have some crazy 3.4 K/D) Ok i have a 3.24 now went down some last night happens. and i do machete charge .this is how my gear goes 1- 59 blood rank winfield machete for close range about 30 meters charges if i know they don't have a shot gun. at rank 59 a trade the machete out for the specter with a bayonet so i can have a machete on my shot gun ,and at 61 i grab the dulch and specter combo. if you are with in a compound and the opponent doesn't have a shot gun. it is an easy kill to melee rush them.
3. (Also, not to be that guy, but stats don't mean anything in general, unless you have solid stats all around. I don't care if you have a 8.5 K/D. It doesn't mean anything if you've banished the boss a whole 3 times because you sit in a bush and are afraid to move, which I'm fine with sense it's Hunt Showdown, but you get my point. Wins will always be the only stat that matters.) i like the way you moved the goal post from 3.4 kd is relay good to kd doesn't matter its winning and not camping, and i 100% agree with this. so lets just use me as an example my play stile is hot and heavy. run in get the clue get out. if i hear a noise I'm charging it. i don't like camping and the only time I'm moving slowly is if i spotted some one and now I'm trying to surprise them. its not uncommon for me and my partner to get 6 kills a game with the occasional server wipe of 8. on a good night ,we all have our bad ones too, we win 2 out of 3 games and i always go for the gauntlet. now 200 hours doesn't sound like a lot i know but this isn't my main game i play siege which i have over 1500 Hr and before that counter strike and i cant even tell you how many Hr i have into that i don't think i want to know. all of which i use the same sensitivity . this is another thing to players if you have multiple shooters you play make sure you use the same sensitivity so you maintain the same muscle memory when you switch between games. now you may be a god with a 98% win ratio and a 10 kd I don't know you. i do know that me personally am on the higher end of player skill for this game .even I have trouble if some one is melee charging me and i don't have a shot gun.
4. I'm going to reveal the secrete to countering the melee charge with out a shot gun. so ever one reading this keep it on the DL. when some one charges you and you miss that first shot maybe second. that gape is getting smaller as he autistically turns left left right left right right at you. this is what you do. Run like a ***** . turn your *** around and run. let your partner shoot him in the back as he chases you when he switches to run at your partner he runs like a *****. now if you'er all alone you'er probably screwed but this will help you out vault over something if he follows he has to stop the charge and do the vault animation then you shoot him.
The movements not the issue either. You're upping your sensitivity and sacraficing accuracy to be able to strafe like that. The movement is already linear enough. It's not like people who charge other players with a machete have some crazy 3.4 K/D. If anything those people are negative because I guarentee you they die way more then they actually get a kill, if they're charging people constantly. People need to stop complaining and put in time to get better. Like I've said before, don't sit here and tell me that if you played 4-5 hours a day for a month that you wouldn't absolutely destroy everyone in the lobby on a regular basis. Also, not to be that guy, but stats don't mean anything in general, unless you have solid stats all around. I don't care if you have a 8.5 K/D. It doesn't mean anything if you've banished the boss a whole 3 times because you sit in a bush and are afraid to move, which I'm fine with sense it's Hunt Showdown, but you get my point. Wins will always be the only stat that matters.
Slash high level weapon and equipment prices and we would see better gear in game.
Ok these get good comments are 100% tarded. if you like the machete say so and why if you don't say so and why don't be 12 and ruin the community. 200 hr 2 prestige 3.3 kd. here is why i don't like melee atm. machete , sledge , axe and bayonet should 100% one shot. that's not the issue. the problem comes in with the movement being able to sprint and turn as fast as your mouse speed makes it all most impossible to kill some one charging you. i know because 98% of the time i get the kill with the machete while the guy misses all their shots. now for the counter point that is going to be tossed at me ,well use a shot gun. good point and that's why most players are using shot guns. having to use a type of firearm to counter a mechanic ,and being at a disadvantage for not using a shot gun doesn't make for good game play. when in a firefight and i use cover suppressing fire pushing advantages makes for a thrilling play that when you win feels great vs o he doesn't have a shot gun time to spin around like a mad man while i sprint at him for a free kill feels cheap and empty . i never feel like i out played the other player when i get a melee kill in this manner. here is my solution ,restrict mouse speed when sprinting . for people that have played gears of war you will know what i mean . this will stop the mad man spin and make the sprint more lateral. this will also stop the o no i got caught in the open and now some one is sniping at me time to sprint and spin to get away. tell me what you think sorry for the long post
If you’re letting a player get that close then taking a machete to the face is a personal problem.
No. This post is stupid, since the problem isn't the melee at all. The problem is the horrid movement system. It's badly coded, feels bad and too linear.
Actually my arguments are 100% valid. His aren't. Change your playstyle up and quit complaining. It's a machete. It should absolutley 1 tap. If you don't hold down the mouse button for a power swing, then it takes more than 1 hit. Also, I never said "git gud f4g." I said "get good." Nice try but, that's pretty pathetic. I can't even take you seriously. Just acknowledge that you're getting outplayed, because you are, and then put in the time to get better. It's really not hard.
Your arguments are ridiculous and nonproductive. All I see is "git gud f4g"
DoesNotEqual's points are completely valid and reasonable.
You can make as many excuses as you want. If you're getting strafed by a guy running towards you with a machete you're bad. Learn to carry a shotgun. Noobs will complain about anything. I have hundreds of hours in the game and have zero problems dieing to melee weapons. Get good.
For people saying "if you can get that close you deserve the kill": Most of the PVP fights happen at close range and most of the guns are so weak that they can't one-shot. Add to this that the movement in this game is terrible and has no acceleration, and it's easy to cheese with machete by strafing towards enemies. You are often better off just melee rushing than even trying to use guns
Absolutley not. If you're dieing from a machete often then seriously, get good. It should ONE hit considering it's a MACHETE and a MELEE weapon. If you're seriously that bad to let me get close enough to hit you with a machete, in a stealth based game then you're just terrible. Let me hit you as hard as I can with a machete in real life and see if you're still alive. Tired of these bad kids complaining about everything. It's fine how it is. Stop being so bad.
A friend pointed something out and i think it's why the machetes are so strong, the wide swing arc with the machete makes the hunter raise his arm for the cross cut, wich is covering your chest hitbox and possibly head to. The arms (and legs) have something like a half damage multipliers
plus you wanna talk hard core you can litearlly move faster than the bullet at close range unbalanced does not mean hard core who can dodge a bullet? please get real
LMAO hard core he says! hardcore! lol without a one shot head shot? with wall hacks because you get the bounty? hardcore lmao if this is hard core to you then the gaming industry is doomed.
They need to do something against the movement, not the melee weapons themself.
Oh and llMoroll . You are talking out of your ***. Im tired of reading **** from people like you. What I expect from getting hit with a machete? Oh I don't know what do you expect from getting shot in the stomache with a pistol 2 times while charching someone with a machete? Do you expect to still be able to charge them at FULL speed without EVER slowing down? Do you expect to still be able to have your heavy charge ready while beeing hit multiple times? Do you expect to still be able to zigzag? Atleast make that the heavy charge is getting interrupted by hits or something. And this guy is talking about "realism". *******.