Meta Game

In this forum, you can share all of your thoughts and suggestions about the meta game, from progression to bloodlines.

Let’s hear your ideas:

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Balance Matches depending on Hunter experience, Bloodline level and Hunter level.

As the game has now been in Early Access more and more Hunters are advancing and gaining rewards from match win's.

Currently the matches feel unbalanced as a new player (who works full time and less time to play) when put into a game where I can be sniped by Hunters with far better gear, stats and weaponry. This especially applies when people run out of money and must purchase the tier 0 free characters and rebuild.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Minibosses

I know that there are some enemies that are quite difficult to take over...but i would also suggest some enemies that are more powerful than the strongest common enemy but less powerful than a boss and that have some aspect in common with them (such as a limited area in which they could move). This idea is for players that want to earn some money and XP without risking too much by fighting against the boss. The mini bosses could give some XP and a bit of money. These enemies could protect some clues to the boss or be a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. An insurance system for your hunters

I like that the game is harsh, and permadeath is a nice option. On the other hand, I can't imagine being able to level up a hunter to lvl50 - at this point it seems like something that will be possible for a couple of players altogether. Also, would you risk taking your high level hunter to play with, if you knew you're going to need weeks and a lot of luck to get another one leveled up? That's why an insurance option of some sorts would be nice . The cost could be cash or a decrease on the…

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Werewolves and vampires (related)

This is one of the best ideas for videogames that i want and i am pretty sure more people also. This is the only idea this game could make reality for us, besides really supporting this idea i want to add a little bit of my idea and although it may sound a little bit to much, trust crytek, we will love it.

Lousiana in the 1800's, no better place for the beasts and monsters of mithology, werewolves and vampires will be an amazing place but crytek, don't let your imagination go this far,imagine all the beasts and monsters that…

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. unlock weapon with hunter level

Let me explain : actually you need to get high bloodline level to get best weapon ( hello mosin ! )

Why not use the hunter lvl for choosing weapon ?

Give less xp vs Monster, more xp for bounty
    Make hunter max lvl longer To achieve and split it in 3 tier.

I think a hunter who extracted 2-3 bounty can carry more than à winfield and a 1H gun

So regardless of the bloodline a new recruit can only got tier1 weapon

Basically its the same process but a high lvl bloodline player get more challenge on death.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Progressive, lift-able curses. Thematic hunter balancing

To expand on the already amazing horror atmosphere and experience!

Your individual hunter characters can get cursed while playing. The curse will get progressively worse.
    The curse can be lifted by finding something like Holy Water in one of the churches or chapels. This of course has a random spawn point, so the hunter has to search the inside of the church as well as the dungeons below.

For example, at every hit you take from an AI enemy, there is a 5% chance your hunter gets cursed.
    When your hunter gets cursed, you are NOT notified.
    Rather, you will…

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Extraction Sequence at the End of Game

At the end should be an extraction sequence - you see the winning team get into the wagon and ride away. Meanwhile you can chat with your teammate or with the enemys, you can congratulate, say goodbye or something else. The sequence gives the game round an ending, ends the game in a satisfactory way.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. NEW START AND 16 PLAYERS

My idea is to start all with melee weapon and go looking for the map weapons to equip, this would make the games more exciting, unique and different.

My second idea is to allow up to 16 players in the game, to make it more exciting and to allow 4 squads option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. ADS feels very clunky and overcomplicated.

rmb then shift = clunk

im so used to shooters where you can use lmb when you need it..... I came around a corner had the drop then hit fire, nope sorry just flail your gun like a noob.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. bonus bounty size depending on hunter level

More experienced hunters want more money for their services. For example - few bonus percents for each hunter level. Players will spend more money for their higher lvl hunters equipment. Also it will encourage players to pick higher lvl hunter to faster money farming.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Journey PvP mode - integrate maps HUNT

Create a Integration between MAPS, like a story mode online that starts a progressive difficulty hunt or a random difficulty hunt. Where COUPLES get to run for the boss, the last surviving until the last destination of the journey gets big prices.

SO you will have skirmish mode that is the actual: just one mpa and done. and the story mode.
    The map get won and leads to another map if u extracted.
    The journey continues... you will have a loading screen for all at the end of the match
    PLayers that end game in different moments (more than one…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Starting Meta / Signal Flares / Communication

I've been experimenting with a new starting meta, in the Alpha. This meta involves going in with a partner and splitting up. While this puts us at a disadvantage in a firefight, it does offer us the ability to gain clues faster. With that said, having split up, there is no real way to communicate (in-game) when the distance gets too great. I'd love to see some sort of signal flare system.

"Once you get your clue, fire up a red flare, followed by a blue flare."

Some way to communicate, in-game, over distance.

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Battle Royal/Survival Mode

Before you hurl rotten tomatoes, please hear me out. Doesn't a quick 10 players battle royal mode, with no boss, sounds good? Pop in, spend 10-30 minutes on a match, ten hunters walk in, one walks out, no evacuations, every few minutes lightning strikes in dark sight and points the location of all the players.

The winner is rewarded with both money and some high end, otherwise progression locked gear and weapons.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Another monster can show up and kill the current one you're hunting

My idea is that there would be a slight chance that another monster would show up and kill the current one that you're hunting while gathering clues.

i.e make it so that the clues have some physical evidence, something like a lot of blood or remains on the ground that you'd have to investigate, then you'd have to option to leave or continue to hunt whatever has killed your previous contract. If completed then maybe the player could get some bonus XP, currency, or whatever you can get.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. BONUS CHALLENGE FOR EACH HUNTER

To create additional risk-reward situations, EVERY hunter gets a random bonus challenge at the start of the map. A challenge could be anything that pushes the player to take a risk as to make noises and reveal his position, to make a detour or simple kill missions like "Kill a Meathead". By accomplishing the challenge of course you earn a reward - XP, Loot, Money.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Remove indicators showing moving bounty

As it stands, people opt to camp the boss area instead of trying to do it because it's often suicide to take the bounty and just try to hoof it. Maybe just subtle hints as to where the bounty is moving. Like every 10 seconds (for example) a hole is burned in the map for where the bounty holders are.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Lore and Cosmetics

Lore and Cosmetics

First of all, there was a reminiscent piece of text, probably left over from the early PVE-Coop only game which states that all hunters are part of a secret society. This would have made sense for the previous iteration, but it's a bit of immersion breaker for me. If they are all members of a secret society, it would not make sense for them to fight each other rather than cooperating for a common goal of banishing evil. This way an idea regarding factions was born. Factions you could either select beforehand and stick with it for…

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Finish the game when someone gets the reward

To give importance to the reward of the great boss, would have to end the game for everyone when someone gets the extraction with the reward. This will give importance to this and avoid farming

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Weapon unlocks should be distributet more evenly throughout progression

You unlock your first different rifle as late as rank 25, and ranks 55 to 77 are all endgame weapon unlocks (except for dynamite bundle) I feel like weapon unlocks should be distributed more evenly throughout a progression and something like double barrel shotgun (which is basically 2 barrel romero) or Vetterli shouldn't be so late into progression.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. "Second Chance"

Something in the market that gives your hunter a second life, I mean someting called: "The hand of God" or "Immortal mark" (it would be cool to see something like this in a "tatoo" way on face or on hands!

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base