Audio

In this forum, you can share all of your thoughts and suggestions on everything audio related, from the menu music to the sound a zombie makes when you chop off its head with an axe.

Let’s hear your ideas:

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Sound not heard by everyone

I have been in groups with many players where we are within a few meters of each other or even practically on top of one another and the things we hear are different. I will hear shots, crows, other things and my partner can't / doesn't hear the same things.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sound von fallenden Hülsen beim Nachladen oder Repetieren.

Der Sound von auf den Boden oder in das Wasser fallende Hülsen beim Nachladen oder Repetieren sehr authentisch und stimmungsvoll. Z.B. sollte es einen Unterschied machen, ob man auf hölzernen Untergrund oder auf Steinpflaster Hülsen fallen hört.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ZOMBIES SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO BREAK THE BRANCHES ON THE GROUND

Hey hunters,

I guess this would be for slightly more experienced hunters, however, many people can probably still relate to this issue. I don’t want zombies to be able to step on and break those branches that are scattered around the map.
    I understand that it would not be very realistic if they would just walk over the branch and not break it. However, zombies can walk over the crows without scaring them away; so why should this audio clue be different and work on both players and zombies.

There were too many times where I heard the breaking sound…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Accurate sound over distance.

I really like the audio in the game (heck, I heavily rely on it) however, shooting a zombie that's ~50 yards away and having a splat sound like it's right in front of me is really jarring and pulls me out of the realism of the gameplay. If stuff like headshots splats or explosions were quieter when farther away, that would be awesome.

75 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Wanted to give a quick update here. Some similar topics have been merged together to ensure you all get the same information. The in-game sounds are something we are constantly going to be tweaking and adjusting to ensure the right level for each aspect of the game. This is an ongoing process, and we will continue to adjust the audio for stronger realism and consistency without taking away from readability.

Thanks for the feedback.

5. Bullfrogs/crickets that go silent when passed near.

This would be like a reverse audio trap. Instead of players making a bunch of noise by setting them off, players would have to notice when a sound coming from an area has ceased, indicating incursion by other players.

82 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. In game voice

In game voice-chat should be private and have an unlimited range to balance out the 3rd party voice chat issue.

OR you could separate randoms and premade games. Taking out pregame chat in randoms games would greatly lessen the chances of a 3rd party chat program. It would also make randoms, truly random.

140 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

80 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have merged a number of the in-game voice feedback posts together so that we can share our thoughts regarding the decision-making and background in terms of in-game communications and 3rd party VOIP programs.

We knew from the beginning that players would use external comms systems, and when it comes to forcing something like this, there is no way for us – from both a technical and legal standpoint – to control something like this.

There are many different VOIP systems that are used (Discord, Teamspeak, Skype etc.), specifically when it comes to competitive multiplayer gaming, and now, even the major distribution platforms such as Steam offer a built-in voice communication system.

So instead of attempting to reinvent the wheel, we thought about how we can offer an additional layer of communication that suits the game play and supports random teams. The answer to this is 3D positioning and attenuation,…

7. Dynamite needs a fuse sound

Dynamite needs a fuse sound
    Dynamite needs a fuse sound that can be heard after leaving a players hand.
    It's annoying some one throwing some dynamite and just dyeing because there is no way to know a dynamite has been used.
    Add a sound to the dynamite so when it lands next to some one they have time to side step behind a tree or move just to the edge of range to take part damage.
    The sound dose not need to be extremely loud, just the right volume were you can hear it when no one is shooting and…

73 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Dynamite/grenade sounds

hunters should scream "FIRE IN THE HOLE" before throwing dynamites silent fuses are so annoying.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Open Mic default

Can you implement a mode where open mic is just on?

The in game voice is great, it's realistic and honestly my best experiences with the game have been with other players using in game voice.

I queue the game with a friend and we are so vehemently against using Discord to gain an edge. It basically results in us losing a ton of games, but when we do encounter other in game voice users it's the best. The gun fights are more intense, the camping more real, it's just over all better.

I get it that other games have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hunters on fire should scream distinctively when on fire andshould emit distinct flaping or similar sound when trying to extinguish

This would let players know if they hit someone with firebomb in the building and track their position using sound while they are on fire

54 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Whisper mode

Sound Feature Request
    Activation/Use:
    - A button/key

Purpose:
    Close communication (1-4 meters MAX)

Description:
    When activation key/button is held down players can hear others from ONLY 2-3 meters away.

Additional:
    - If there in a catacomb account for echo (adds 1-2 meters)
    - If the whispering party is standing on wood and there are holes in the floor other players can hear them.

More comments:
    Please add more to the Additional section in your comments!!!

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Speaking Telepathic via Dark Sight and chance to "intercept" it: w/ "Telegraphic Team" new trait

There are dozens of different ways also away from audio related ways in which Dark sight can be used as a window of opportunity for further development of the gameplay.

Please consider that we might be able to speak also "telepathically" via dark sight to players that are far and can't hear us or simply because we don't wanna be heard.

Only if other players are in the middle between the two playrs or are in the 25 meters radius the other players will be able to hear by opening the dark sight mode the other people talking in this…

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Idea to get rid of Skype/Discord "cheaters"

How about tracking EVERY hardware/software microphone the system has. And if there is any sound recorded => play it in game (since I am from Germany and know just too well about the EU data protection stuff => maybe playback some random chatter when the mic records something)

Another idea would be to create a special mode utilizing this technique => Opt-In (adding extra reward playing this way).

Of course people could still use a secondary computer ... but yeah, not everyone has this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is not something that we would implement. First off, there are many legal issues that come up when it comes to tracking and monitoring in the manner you speak of (for the most part, it is just not allowed).

We understand that some may use 3rd party VOIP systems like discord but this is not “cheating” as you put it. We always suggest to use the in-game voice comms to get the best experience but this is not for everyone and forcing this is something that would not be possible.

14. I love the audio. I’m not using a headset though, just a really good surround system, and I kept thinking to myself how exceptional it was.

Another user mentioned how loud the enemy sounds are even when they aren’t close. Otherwise it’s fantastic.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Explosives need louder audio Ques

Explosives need louder primer ques and landing sounds. By this I mean much like when a pin is pulled in PUBG I want to be able to hear what is coming to react accordingly. I also want to hear when something lands near me and not just suddenly flop over dead. A few times now my partner and I didn't hear a single sound to notify us an explosive devise was used and near us. I just want the ability to react to the use of these devices. You can very clearly hear these things even in a game like…

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make Our audio be heard by NPC and Boss so that we can play with our mouth too

Please DEVS make our audio db play in the game, we can make tactical choices with it, "summoning" enemies with our whistle, they will get upset for the noise and try to find us, we can call the boss, we simply will be more incentivated to use in game audio.

Please can you do this. Make SOUND this game power horse, it's a strong marketing tool too!

A sandbox, tactical shooter strategical hardcore FPS that let's you play also with your mouth with NPCs.

67 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Menu Music Bug

When selecting 'Play' from the menu, the humming theme changes to a different tune. When cancelling out of matchmaking, the music fades to silence. I would prefer that the humming theme fade back in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. All elements of audio to create a realistic and immersive experience.

Not sure if this will have new ideas in it or not since I wasn't able to read all the comments (there are quite a few), but I will list out and why I find specific elements of the audio important or useful.

I found this game in Beta a while ago and watched it thinking it looked interesting, played the free weekend, and purchased the Beta and have been playing off and on for a few weeks now. (only lvl10)

The parts that drew me to the game were immersive sound that painted the backdrop, dangers, spoilers, etc of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base