Audio

In this forum, you can share all of your thoughts and suggestions on everything audio related, from the menu music to the sound a zombie makes when you chop off its head with an axe.

Let’s hear your ideas:

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Reward players for using in-game voice chat

Most of the players seem to be using external voice applications instead of in-game voice chat, and as discussed previously on this forum, it creates an unfair advantage (unlimited range, calling out enemy positions after death, 100% stealth etc).
    How about rewarding players for using the in-game voice chat, for example giving them a tiny amount of XP or some kind of an achievement ("Team Player" badge ie.) in the long run.
    I think this would help keep the in-game voice chat relevant and the game more immersive.

33 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Instantly Mute audio after hunter's death

I don't think we need to remove proximity voice audio as some players have suggested, but I agree that when you are killed, you should be dead instantly, no sight no sound, especially not after the loading screen has initiated. Most of the people who kills me are far enough from me that by the time they get to me to say something, I'm already in the loading screen, which is absurd that I can still hear them.

Also, depending on how you die (headshot or bled to death or poisoned), how you lose your vision and hearing should be…

60 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Audio Direction

I'm not sure if this is just me but I find it very difficult to determine which direction a noise is coming from. For example, I'll hear that there is a zombie near by but no matter where I look the noise is still the same and there is no indication as to which direction the zombie is coming from. This is the same for gunshots, crows etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Crouch Walking

What happened to being able to hear foot steps when someone is crouch walking?

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Polarity Switching

So this is a giant bug that has existed since the game came out of closed beta. I have had this happen many times. I load up the game and play a few matches. In the middle of a match however the polarity will reverse in my headphones. I have to take off my headphones, flip them around and put them back on my head in order to hear everything correctly. Only with this game does this happen, I am 1000% sure it is not my hardware or software. To add; for as long as I am in the game…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sound instead of banner stating banishing boss

I think the banner stating that the boss is being banished breaks the immersion. It is vital to provide this information to all hunters though. I am thinking about removing that banner and adding a creepy eerie sound as soon as banishing started that all hunters can hear. That way, all players get the same information as currently (banishing has started), but they would get it in a truely immersive way. It would add to the overall amazing ambience of this game, but would still keep the information of banishing a boss alive.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. "Communication" Slider in Settings>Audio seems to do nothing / is broken.

I've tried settings the Communication volume to 0 in Audio but I can still hear other hunters voices just as loud as if it was 100.

All I can think of is perhaps that this slider is meant for the volume of your own voice? It's not really made clear.

In any case there needs to be an option to disable/turn down voice chat from other players.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Cant hear other players

Im having issues with hearing other players. I troubleshooted the issue, thinking i probably pressed the wrong button or something. It turns out the mic audio is, by default, going to my tv downstairs, as this is the default feature for steam streaming audio. If theres a way to include the audio from the mic to be directed between speakers, or at least only to the default one, it would help, as im finding myself telling every player i queue with that i cant hear them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Dark mode voices

In dark mode you can hear calling you the clues, yhe zombies babbling nonsense around and some spirits guiding you to items or clues rather than use the map.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Is this type of music-like humming the right one?

I have to little bit introduce myself firts - I'm a industrial designer and we have been using almost unhearable soundefects during our product presentations. I would say that i have lot of experience in tricking people with sound into mood I want to have them.
    You are doing that too obviusly :)
    I have to say that the sounds in this games are amazing, you guys did exquisite job.
    I wittnesed something on a psychological level which was happening to me, and now my friend, who bought game two days ago just confirmed it to me. Actually even you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. hand signals

You can add hand signal for stop, follow me etc by holding one button and a menu of written commands pops up to choose a hand signal for not being heard by the enemy. something similar like in left4dead voice commands but it will be hand command. Like in predator when Arnold signals his team to stop by making his hand a fist.

45 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Remove the coughing sound that zombies make.

It just doesn't make any sence and if it did it should sound like zombies from movies and series. Atm it sounds like a normal persons cough and it's just wrong.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 137 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. MUSIC

We need more , more , more epic music. loading screens are so long . put in some music . in the start of games , in the end of games. in the menu . in game will be hard i understand . but i all other places . put in the music.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Indicators for deaf players

So I play regularly with a guy who is deaf in one ear. For a game so dependant on sound it can be quite frustrating for him. Would there be some way to add optional visual indicators for hearing impaired players? I know it would be difficult to balance.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Footsteps

I honestly feel that you footsteps are way to quiet compared to other games that rely on the player using audio cues to pin point what direction a enemy is coming from.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Walls, floors and ceiling should absolutely dampen the sound!

It's early access but I seriously think that this should be implemented ASAP. It's pretty frustrating to look for a monster circling around the bushes only to find out he was in the underground catacombs all the time.

Also, the sound of moving through shattered glass in first person shouldn't follow the player. It totally sounds as if there was someone right behind you when it was just you stepping on things.

263 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey everyone,

Sound is an important feedback indicator of HUNT; we definitely have plans to improve what is referred to as “sound propagation” in the game.
    The described issue is called “occlusion”: The sound should not be audible if there is a solid wall between the listener and the source as described here.
    https://www.audiokinetic.com/library/edge/?source=SDK&id=soundengine__obsocc.html

We have already tackled the first steps: the underground areas are marked with a special surface type now which is set up to fully dampen the sound if between the listener and the emitter.

Our next step will be to adjust the various audio sources to check this condition via a ray cast between the emitter and listener. Once this is in place, we will extend the dampening to also have a more realistic “obstruction” effect.

18. Death minigmae.

if you die you cant do anything , enmy can throw fire at you to shorten youre death timer but you cant do anything, wy not have a aim minigame that prolong the death timer, so if you go away from computer or maby alt tab to brows internet it is a faster death . but if you stay in game and focus you get rewarded by longer death timer. i think of a mini aim game that practice youre skill in mouse control ; the goal is to feel that you figting for breath , figting for not go…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Monster Sound

Some monster sounds sound like they are closer than they actually are. And being inside a large building seems to not muffle the sound of outside monster at all. Would be great if this was adjusted to be more accurate. Keep looking thinking there is a monster in the building when they are actually 20m away outside.

113 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Why do armored enemies make sounds that sound like doors?

Every time the AI moans it sounds like a creaky door being opened and spooks me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base