Audio

In this forum, you can share all of your thoughts and suggestions on everything audio related, from the menu music to the sound a zombie makes when you chop off its head with an axe.

Let’s hear your ideas:

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Walls, floors and ceiling should absolutely dampen the sound!

It's early access but I seriously think that this should be implemented ASAP. It's pretty frustrating to look for a monster circling around the bushes only to find out he was in the underground catacombs all the time.

Also, the sound of moving through shattered glass in first person shouldn't follow the player. It totally sounds as if there was someone right behind you when it was just you stepping on things.

306 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone,

Sound is an important feedback indicator of HUNT; we definitely have plans to improve what is referred to as “sound propagation” in the game.
    The described issue is called “occlusion”: The sound should not be audible if there is a solid wall between the listener and the source as described here.
    https://www.audiokinetic.com/library/edge/?source=SDK&id=soundengine__obsocc.html

We have already tackled the first steps: the underground areas are marked with a special surface type now which is set up to fully dampen the sound if between the listener and the emitter.

Our next step will be to adjust the various audio sources to check this condition via a ray cast between the emitter and listener. Once this is in place, we will extend the dampening to also have a more realistic “obstruction” effect.

2. In game voice

In game voice-chat should be private and have an unlimited range to balance out the 3rd party voice chat issue.

OR you could separate randoms and premade games. Taking out pregame chat in randoms games would greatly lessen the chances of a 3rd party chat program. It would also make randoms, truly random.

142 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

82 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have merged a number of the in-game voice feedback posts together so that we can share our thoughts regarding the decision-making and background in terms of in-game communications and 3rd party VOIP programs.

We knew from the beginning that players would use external comms systems, and when it comes to forcing something like this, there is no way for us – from both a technical and legal standpoint – to control something like this.

There are many different VOIP systems that are used (Discord, Teamspeak, Skype etc.), specifically when it comes to competitive multiplayer gaming, and now, even the major distribution platforms such as Steam offer a built-in voice communication system.

So instead of attempting to reinvent the wheel, we thought about how we can offer an additional layer of communication that suits the game play and supports random teams. The answer to this is 3D positioning and attenuation,…

3. Monster Sound

Some monster sounds sound like they are closer than they actually are. And being inside a large building seems to not muffle the sound of outside monster at all. Would be great if this was adjusted to be more accurate. Keep looking thinking there is a monster in the building when they are actually 20m away outside.

140 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The issue described above is due to a mix of improper occlusion and attenuation. We have made some improvements to the occlusion with Update 2.0 and 2.1 (currently on the test server) and will continue to tweak it further to make it sound more realistic.

Regarding attenuation (sound getting quieter over distance) we are planning to perform a consistency pass in one of the upcoming updates that will address what can be misleading audio feedback, especially in the 10-20 meter range.

4. Gun sounds

Make the gun sounds better, as of right now i can sit about five feet from a guy and all he has to do is hide behind a box and his gun will be super muffled. make them louder

127 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the ongoing feedback in this thread. We have continued our efforts with this and are improving the gun sounds overall. We are still trying to keep a good balance between realism and readability. This includes performing a pass on the interior gunshot reflections and overall consistency of shooting a weapon when both indoors and outdoors.

We will keep you updated as we make further improvements.

5. Bullfrogs/crickets that go silent when passed near.

This would be like a reverse audio trap. Instead of players making a bunch of noise by setting them off, players would have to notice when a sound coming from an area has ceased, indicating incursion by other players.

93 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Accurate sound over distance.

I really like the audio in the game (heck, I heavily rely on it) however, shooting a zombie that's ~50 yards away and having a splat sound like it's right in front of me is really jarring and pulls me out of the realism of the gameplay. If stuff like headshots splats or explosions were quieter when farther away, that would be awesome.

81 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Wanted to give a quick update here. Some similar topics have been merged together to ensure you all get the same information. The in-game sounds are something we are constantly going to be tweaking and adjusting to ensure the right level for each aspect of the game. This is an ongoing process, and we will continue to adjust the audio for stronger realism and consistency without taking away from readability.

Thanks for the feedback.

7. Matchmaking voice chat

It would be nice, if we could talk to the people we have queued up with in game, in the lobby, before we launch onto the map.

79 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Teaming with a random partner should be as convent as possible and agree that opening the microphone channels as soon as have partnered up can help to improve this. We will need investigate the feasibility of this from a technical point of view but will keep you all updated when we have more information.

8. Dynamite needs a fuse sound

Dynamite needs a fuse sound
    Dynamite needs a fuse sound that can be heard after leaving a players hand.
    It's annoying some one throwing some dynamite and just dyeing because there is no way to know a dynamite has been used.
    Add a sound to the dynamite so when it lands next to some one they have time to side step behind a tree or move just to the edge of range to take part damage.
    The sound dose not need to be extremely loud, just the right volume were you can hear it when no one is shooting and…

78 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make Our audio be heard by NPC and Boss so that we can play with our mouth too

Please DEVS make our audio db play in the game, we can make tactical choices with it, "summoning" enemies with our whistle, they will get upset for the noise and try to find us, we can call the boss, we simply will be more incentivated to use in game audio.

Please can you do this. Make SOUND this game power horse, it's a strong marketing tool too!

A sandbox, tactical shooter strategical hardcore FPS that let's you play also with your mouth with NPCs.

71 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Hunters on fire should scream distinctively when on fire andshould emit distinct flaping or similar sound when trying to extinguish

This would let players know if they hit someone with firebomb in the building and track their position using sound while they are on fire

61 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sound instead of banner stating banishing boss

I think the banner stating that the boss is being banished breaks the immersion. It is vital to provide this information to all hunters though. I am thinking about removing that banner and adding a creepy eerie sound as soon as banishing started that all hunters can hear. That way, all players get the same information as currently (banishing has started), but they would get it in a truely immersive way. It would add to the overall amazing ambience of this game, but would still keep the information of banishing a boss alive.

54 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Speech Menu?

Add a hotkey you can press that will bring up a menu like so
    1) taunt
    2) howl
    3) enemy spotted
    4) need ammo

50 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. the difference between a dead hunter and hurt hunter scream should be more distinguishable

make it so a hurt hunter grunts when walking around or has a sound Que that is is easy to distinguish from a dead one, and a dead hunter scream.

41 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Knifing sound

Needs more of a impact to it. I feel like I`m just slicing into butter in a way. I want more crunch or maybe bone sound to make it solid sounding. I also wanted to say good job on the gun sounds themselves sound really well! And the sounds in game

38 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. MUSIC

We need more , more , more epic music. loading screens are so long . put in some music . in the start of games , in the end of games. in the menu . in game will be hard i understand . but i all other places . put in the music.

31 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Rise Up Dead Man Music everytime u get back into the menu.

Now i know you implemented the RUDM music to the menu (in the test server right now) but it would be cool if it at least came back after a game when i get back into the menu (seeing the stats while getting money and the humming music would be an amazing feeling. but as of right now the music only come ONCE when u start up the game, after that, it wont come up again. would be cool to loop it or at least have an option for that in the sound settings. (i think i speak for all…

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Sound in background!

As a streamer, I would love to have an option, which enables
    sound in background, so when i alt tab in windowed fullscreen,
    the sounds doesnt mute. Not the most important thing, but its a good to have.

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Whistle or Whisper

Give the player the ability to enter a 'whisper' mode push-to-talk key that players can only be heard in a smaller radius.

And adversely, give the players an option for a whistle to either draw attention or call something out from afar. Right now, the current voip is not worth speaking to another player when in a fire fight.

25 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. More time for players to chat before/after the game

There should be more time to chat with the team partner after the game is won/lost. You can talk about the play session, congratulate each other, say sorry or goodbye. This is polite and should help get more interested serious gamers to the game.

24 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add more audio settings (sound device, communication device, etc)

I would like to see option baked into the game to allow changing the sound device and/or communication device. This would be similar to CS:GO and allow those of us who have speakers and a headset to customize the experience.

24 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base