Audio

In this forum, you can share all of your thoughts and suggestions on everything audio related, from the menu music to the sound a zombie makes when you chop off its head with an axe.

Let’s hear your ideas:

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Accurate sound over distance.

I really like the audio in the game (heck, I heavily rely on it) however, shooting a zombie that's ~50 yards away and having a splat sound like it's right in front of me is really jarring and pulls me out of the realism of the gameplay. If stuff like headshots splats or explosions were quieter when farther away, that would be awesome.

81 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Wanted to give a quick update here. Some similar topics have been merged together to ensure you all get the same information. The in-game sounds are something we are constantly going to be tweaking and adjusting to ensure the right level for each aspect of the game. This is an ongoing process, and we will continue to adjust the audio for stronger realism and consistency without taking away from readability.

Thanks for the feedback.

2. MUSIC

We need more , more , more epic music. loading screens are so long . put in some music . in the start of games , in the end of games. in the menu . in game will be hard i understand . but i all other places . put in the music.

31 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Monster Sound

Some monster sounds sound like they are closer than they actually are. And being inside a large building seems to not muffle the sound of outside monster at all. Would be great if this was adjusted to be more accurate. Keep looking thinking there is a monster in the building when they are actually 20m away outside.

140 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The issue described above is due to a mix of improper occlusion and attenuation. We have made some improvements to the occlusion with Update 2.0 and 2.1 (currently on the test server) and will continue to tweak it further to make it sound more realistic.

Regarding attenuation (sound getting quieter over distance) we are planning to perform a consistency pass in one of the upcoming updates that will address what can be misleading audio feedback, especially in the 10-20 meter range.

4. Matchmaking voice chat

It would be nice, if we could talk to the people we have queued up with in game, in the lobby, before we launch onto the map.

79 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Teaming with a random partner should be as convent as possible and agree that opening the microphone channels as soon as have partnered up can help to improve this. We will need investigate the feasibility of this from a technical point of view but will keep you all updated when we have more information.

5. Explosion Sounds

While gun sounds are great, explosion sounds are not. From dynamite to frag bombs, their explosion sound is extremely underwhelming.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We agree that the explosion sounds aren’t cool enough yet so we’re still tweaking these to sound better and more impressive!

6. Gun sounds

Make the gun sounds better, as of right now i can sit about five feet from a guy and all he has to do is hide behind a box and his gun will be super muffled. make them louder

127 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the ongoing feedback in this thread. We have continued our efforts with this and are improving the gun sounds overall. We are still trying to keep a good balance between realism and readability. This includes performing a pass on the interior gunshot reflections and overall consistency of shooting a weapon when both indoors and outdoors.

We will keep you updated as we make further improvements.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base