Let’s hear your ideas:

Accurate sound over distance.

I really like the audio in the game (heck, I heavily rely on it) however, shooting a zombie that's ~50 yards away and having a splat sound like it's right in front of me is really jarring and pulls me out of the realism of the gameplay. If stuff like headshots splats or explosions were quieter when farther away, that would be awesome.

81 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

JohnnyHop shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
planned  ·  AdminRick - " Ic3man2k" (Community Manager, Crytek) responded  · 

Wanted to give a quick update here. Some similar topics have been merged together to ensure you all get the same information. The in-game sounds are something we are constantly going to be tweaking and adjusting to ensure the right level for each aspect of the game. This is an ongoing process, and we will continue to adjust the audio for stronger realism and consistency without taking away from readability.

Thanks for the feedback.

22 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Rocco027 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sound needs to be reworked. A lot of sounds/noises are too loud.We get confused many times with the distance, also if you do small things everyone hear will hear you, you cannot be quiet.

• CalibanXXV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you melee-kill a zombie it screams everytime, even if you crush their head. It kind of feels strange. This should be adapted into less of a scream, just a groan.

• Chessur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now I’m not saying make it quieter to others, I just want it quieter in my headset as I kill one with say a melee weapon. It’s is annoying when it blows out my eardrums just because I decided to hit him with a melee.

• d10sk0ur01 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dnt make this game a PUBG fest... please. no. please.
    I just ask to remove the Steps in the water, because we could still hear our own steps in the water (which is not possible)... since we are in the water.

Sounds are perfect.

Elevating the sounds of steps more then now would enable Tactical PASSIVITY and the So called "camping" to BOOM.
    Even if this game has no camping as many whine about ... I disagree on this louder request.

• Obsidiansaint commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It was very broken before and basically caused a stalemate in combat where both players would sit still and the first one to move would get slapped in the face by dynamite. I had this on several occasions. Basically it benefits the camper.

• PonyRidingCowboy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They said that it was too loud and that they wanted players to be able to sneak and kill someone in stealth kind of way

• PonyRidingCowboy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

they said it was way too loud, and that they wanted players to be able to sneak and kill in a stealth kind of way.

• Blackvayne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I honestly feel that you footsteps are way to quiet compared to other games that rely on the player using audio cues to pin point what direction a enemy is coming from.

• SillySil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right now there's a difference between what sound you make and what sound you hear. The effects are easy to replicate just stand next to your teammate and walk around for a moment then you stand still and he walks around for a moment. There's a major difference. It's especially noticeable when walking on wooden floors, and if I'm not mistaken on higher floors, like a barn's first floor.
    You also hear yourself make loud step sounds when walking over a plank or something (like you just fell) but other people don't always hear it.

• aquariuz23 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've noticed that there aren't, or barely loud or directional enough, proximity noises coming from either above or below you. Someone could be stalking you from high above locations, and if they move or shoot, it doesn't sound like it's coming from above you, so you end up looking around the playing field while actually the enemy is above you.

Also, in certain areas, for example the slaughterhouse, when the butcher is situated underground in between the house and the barn, the gunfight underneath sounds like it is either inside the house (if you're in the house) or in the barn, rather than coming from down below. It was very confusing for a bit because I was trying to make sure where the gunfires were originating, until I realized they were all underneath me in a cellar.

Please improve the vertical audio cues. Thank you.

• Duskan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think they are easy enough to distinguish as they are, but that's my opinion.

• BeerStop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

or at least make you and your teammates sounds harder to hear amongst yourselves.

• BeerStop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes we had a team near us on some raised building and i could not her a thing from them climbing ladders or getting into position . then i looked away from where they were last seen and bam headshot..........

• NoctisLK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think is the sound of the surrounding just too loud, like the countdown during extraction, be honest, even hunters walk to me, I still can't hear a thing, because what is the different between the crouch one, do I need turn the volume to the maximum to play this game? I can tell you if you shooting the boss, you definitely can't hear a thing except gun shots.

• Appoh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the sound for footsteps is actually perfect, you can crouch to be as quiet as you can but ur still audible. I've caught people crouching because i hurt their footsteps

• TheRealRws commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The sound you make is way louder to the actual players then your sound. I cant estamete how loud I am because it isnt equal in volume.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base