Audio

In this forum, you can share all of your thoughts and suggestions on everything audio related, from the menu music to the sound a zombie makes when you chop off its head with an axe.

Let’s hear your ideas:

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Fix the crouching in water sound effect.

Water sound effects are terribly loud.
    Crouching and moving in water is worse than walking on land in terms of the sound you can hear.

If you've ever been in a shallow pool, you probably know that you can be really quiet in the water despite moving faster than you would while crouching on land.

The sound effects of walking and running in water are decent enough, but I'd like to be able to at least keep a semblance of stealth on a map that's over 30% water.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. No character yell when instantly downed.

If a player is immediately downed or killed by a headshot, or explosion, etc. Then the character could not make the typical yelp when downed. This would in some ways add to the immersion (some people don’t have time to react/yell) while also adding to the paranoia of an attacker needing visual confirmation m to see if they really did defeat that player.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Proximity and Squad Only chat.

I love most aspects of Hunt, but there is one thing that I really hate, and that is the proximity based voice chat.

It would be really awesome if you actually had the option to do proximity or squad only chat.

Most people are already using third party software to talk to their squadmate and as a player that queues with randoms, it is really annoying that we are punished for that. Either we have to share discord servers, skype, teamspeak or curse information OR we use the in-game proximity based voice chat.

A solution for this, since I actually…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Rise Up Dead Man Music everytime u get back into the menu.

Now i know you implemented the RUDM music to the menu (in the test server right now) but it would be cool if it at least came back after a game when i get back into the menu (seeing the stats while getting money and the humming music would be an amazing feeling. but as of right now the music only come ONCE when u start up the game, after that, it wont come up again. would be cool to loop it or at least have an option for that in the sound settings. (i think i speak for all…

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Incorporate Sound from players in gameplay

I think if you make players voice part of game play it will almost force players to use their in game chat instead of 3rd party programs.
    — Blow noise to blow out candles
    — Whistle noise to quiet down dogs in a cage
    — Word chant noise to Access to a special door
    — igniting the use of a special weapon or skill

Add some benefits to using your voice and players will want to use in-game chat

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. game music

Song to consider to include in the game: Gold Brother - Back From The Fire song

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Unable to hear weapon reload.

Both my speakers and headphones are unable to hear the reload audio from firearms. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, but it basically goes silent while reloading any weapons. Any thoughts?

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Debris falling from sky after explosion Audio (and graphics too)

Please add the visual and audio realistic ques : I wwanna see debris and feel debris falling when we explode stuff. But it has not to be minimized to 1 meter area, it has to be big and bigger... depending on dynamite, leaves from tress and branches, mud and fragment of wood ...water falling from sky ... u know like in those animation u have shown with Water devil, but more of that. Maybe adding a "clean face" animation (automatic) when we are really close to the explosion or receive a big piece of mud \ flash on our head.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Audio indicator for headshots

I feel like there should be a different indicator than the casual "Hit cross" on the middle of the screen when we do headshots. Maybe adding a little sound to it would do the job ?

Example: In overwatch, there is a little "ding" when a headshot is done so players can know they got it right, adding the fact that it's even more satisfying when you hear it !

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. REMOVE THE SOUND PLAYED WHEN YOU HIT OR KILL AN ENEMY HUNTER

THis removed the need to check you kills anre removes suspence, making it feel more 'Arcaidy'

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. REMOVE THE SOUND PLAYED WHEN YOU HIT OR KILL AN ENEMY HUNTER

THis removed the need to check you kills anre removes suspence, making it feel more 'Arcaidy'

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. People who don't use in-game chat shouldn't be able to hear people who do.

I feel like the 3rd party comms thing could be solved somewhat just by making it so people who don't use in-game comms can't hear people who do.

This makes it so anyone who uses in-game comms that can hear them, must also be using in-game comms and so we can hear them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. "Real person" sound variant ideas. You know that 'coughing zombie'? ...

I love the coughing zombie as is, first off. I really like how it sounds as if a person is coughing into their mic in proximity voip.

I know there is much to be added still, but hear this:

Add other sounds, from [perhaps] that monster, but from others as well - where it makes sense, of course.
    If there was a much larger set of these 'real person sounds' that could be chosen by the backend while loading each match, the randomization of those sounds could lead to vastly more interesting times.

I'll explain a different way:
    Say you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Trailer or Theme Song

House of the Rising Sun. If you haven't heard this song before, it fits this game perfectly. Even some of the lyrics. Has the kind of tone I feel like would fit on a trailer for this game. It will always remind me of my dad, it was one of his favorites.

Ya-aah, board and bought, oh no
    To where, I do belong
    I'm wandering back
    To earn my pays, in The House
    They call, the Rising Sun
    Mother tell your baby children, yea yea
    Don't do the things that I've done
    Spend your life in sin and misery
    In…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sound Issues (Regarding direction and subterrain)

I am a sound engineer and during my spare time I like to play hunt.

I have found a few issues with the sound. I am using professional studio headphones and if a sound scource is directly infront or behind you there is no way to determine if it is coming from your front end or back end.

I believe to fix the issue you should add a slight directional offset to the sound.

Another thing I noticed is there is currently no difference between a sound that is above you or below you. Steps and Weapon "swap" sounds are…

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sound instead of banner stating banishing boss

I think the banner stating that the boss is being banished breaks the immersion. It is vital to provide this information to all hunters though. I am thinking about removing that banner and adding a creepy eerie sound as soon as banishing started that all hunters can hear. That way, all players get the same information as currently (banishing has started), but they would get it in a truely immersive way. It would add to the overall amazing ambience of this game, but would still keep the information of banishing a boss alive.

54 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The AI sounds sound too close

I notice the sound of monsters sounds like there closer especially the **** hounds i get freaked out when i hear them since they sound like there 4 meters away but ther like 20 meters away also with enemy hunters they sound so close when they run

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. filtered in game voice if the speaker is in another room

sometimes it's really hard to tell where the person speaking is. I am sometimes inside the same building where my enemies are and I can hear them talking, but I have no clue where they are. The in game voice quality isn't really immersive and it sounds just like someone talking to my ears. I would suggest different filters depending on the location of the person talking. It should sound different if the person is inside/outside a building or in another room. It's also hard to track if the audio comes from the same level, down or above.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Audio is a pillar so please remove the Bounty notification substituting it with THUNDERS!

Allow Hardcore gamers\style to be taught to non hardcore gamers, how?

Remove "someone has dropped the bounty", "someone has picked the bounty" and inform players with the HUNT SHOWDOWN PILLAR: Sound

Use thunders, different length, power, color number to give us information about who is picking or not the bounty instead of reading the notification on screen (which can also destroy the gameplay as it could cover a player hiding above or elsewhere if one has this thing appearing and blocking visual in extremely dynamic situation of "around the boss fights".

Please keep the game hardcore.

9 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Drop Sound of world items = Dynamite

I noticed the drop sound of a world Hammer and Axe sounds just like a dynamite stick droping on the floor and it startlet me everytime a mate or myself dropping an axe on the ground. please make the axe and hammer sound more heavier when they drop. now its like a stick on a wooden ground. not appropriate even. they should feel and sound heavier when u drop them. :)

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base