Audio

In this forum, you can share all of your thoughts and suggestions on everything audio related, from the menu music to the sound a zombie makes when you chop off its head with an axe.

Let’s hear your ideas:

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Voice Variety for Hunters

When a Hunter dies, or take some damage, we can notice the same sound effect on every character. It would be more realistic if you add different voice tones. Best Wishes!

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 7.1

Does anyone knows if the game is already in for 7.1 sound? (if so, how can i set it)

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. In game ability to increase volume rather than adjusting overall computer volume

I really have to crank up the volume to hear anything in this game. When I do this via my overall computer settings it makes everything else (notifications, etc.) extremely loud. I would like to get an in-game option to adjust volume.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. What happened to the Audio in this game?

What happened to the Audio in this game? It used to be the most adrenaline rushing accurate audio ever, now i can hardly hear gunshots like they used to be, I cannot even hear when a dynamite bundle is thrown at me (you used to be able to hear the fuse), foot steps are delayed. It is just not what it used to be. Please, please, revert the audio changes back to what they were before this patch. It is one of the things that drew me and my friends into this game so much, now it is getting us…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Cut all match audio after selecting back to menu following you and partner death

I really don't need to hear the guy who killed me talking smack, giving his twitch, or otherwise gloating after I select back to menu following the death of me and my partner. The screen is already black so why can I still hear that frustrating behavior. If I wanted to stay and listen I wouldn't have hit the button.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Audio Volume

Audio Volume, depending wether you're speaking louder, or lower.
    If talk loud: it encreases the range of the sound for other players and IA to hear.
    If Talk low (whisper): lower range and harder to hear for other players and IA

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Notification Sounds Slider Please

Just wanna be able to turn off notification sounds. Like when the bounty target is being banished, when we spawn in and it says get ready, or when a teammate enters the bounty's area and it switches from Target Found to the Boss's Icon turning into a health bar.

I don't need or want to ever hear any of those things.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Silent Creepy Ambient Music during Gameplay

I played the game and what i really missed is some kind of creppy ambient music like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S-5ihzUkM4

I now play always with this kind of music in the background and it doubled the creep factor for me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. DEAFENING MECHANIC FROM TOO MUCH SOUND

The only reliable and non-betraying mechanic in this game is the sound. This is a hardcore game right? Why not make it even more interesting?

I'm going to scale 1 to 100 in this mechanic. Every 5 points fades out in 1 second.

1-25 is the ringing to your ear. 25 would be no sound but ringing.

25-50 is temporary deafening. at 50 you hear nothing but your heartbeat.

50-99 is severe temporary deafening. at 99 you hear absolutely nothing not even your heartbeat.

100 is permenant hearing damage. If you reach 100 you again will hear nothing and your…

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Audio Direction

I'm not sure if this is just me but I find it very difficult to determine which direction a noise is coming from. For example, I'll hear that there is a zombie near by but no matter where I look the noise is still the same and there is no indication as to which direction the zombie is coming from. This is the same for gunshots, crows etc.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Desktop background while game is loading

it would be nice that while i'm typing this, I will now my game is loading or the server is found :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Original song Perfect for this game!

Here's an Original song I wrote a few years ago that would be perfect for this game. It's called "Raven Comes a Knockin' " It has a Gothic / Western twist that fits this genre perfectly. I would be honored if you guys wanted to use this for this game. Interesting thing is that the Baritone guitar solo section almost matches perfectly the Humm theme song in this game. You could probably overlap them in time and make a cool blend.
    Check it out!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wufMEmOeePE
    https://www.reverbnation.com/shanewintch

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Humming Theme Remix

The humming theme is such an amazing peace, but I prefer the remix made by Alex Roe. It would be great, if this song could play randomly (every 10 times) or something similar.
    The link to the remix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2m8MgA-ZYY

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Dark mode voices

In dark mode you can hear calling you the clues, yhe zombies babbling nonsense around and some spirits guiding you to items or clues rather than use the map.

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Cant hear other players

Im having issues with hearing other players. I troubleshooted the issue, thinking i probably pressed the wrong button or something. It turns out the mic audio is, by default, going to my tv downstairs, as this is the default feature for steam streaming audio. If theres a way to include the audio from the mic to be directed between speakers, or at least only to the default one, it would help, as im finding myself telling every player i queue with that i cant hear them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Noise Clutter

Let it be known that i love the sound in tihs game, theyve done a great job creating an immersive experience and it feels very authentic.

However sometimes, on the odd occasion, if you have multiple players triggering a bunch of different stuff in close proximity, the noise can be deafening.

If this is intentional, and the actual chaos going on around is designed to cause panic and the cacophony of audio thats going on (creatures going mad, glass being stepped on, banishing in progress, dogs and chickens triggered nearby) is meant to create that sense of "sense" confusion. Then…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. MUSIC

We need more , more , more epic music. loading screens are so long . put in some music . in the start of games , in the end of games. in the menu . in game will be hard i understand . but i all other places . put in the music.

31 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Polarity Switching

So this is a giant bug that has existed since the game came out of closed beta. I have had this happen many times. I load up the game and play a few matches. In the middle of a match however the polarity will reverse in my headphones. I have to take off my headphones, flip them around and put them back on my head in order to hear everything correctly. Only with this game does this happen, I am 1000% sure it is not my hardware or software. To add; for as long as I am in the game…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. "Communication" Slider in Settings>Audio seems to do nothing / is broken.

I've tried settings the Communication volume to 0 in Audio but I can still hear other hunters voices just as loud as if it was 100.

All I can think of is perhaps that this slider is meant for the volume of your own voice? It's not really made clear.

In any case there needs to be an option to disable/turn down voice chat from other players.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base