Audio

In this forum, you can share all of your thoughts and suggestions on everything audio related, from the menu music to the sound a zombie makes when you chop off its head with an axe.

Let’s hear your ideas:

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Remove the coughing sound that zombies make.

It just doesn't make any sence and if it did it should sound like zombies from movies and series. Atm it sounds like a normal persons cough and it's just wrong.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Is this type of music-like humming the right one?

I have to little bit introduce myself firts - I'm a industrial designer and we have been using almost unhearable soundefects during our product presentations. I would say that i have lot of experience in tricking people with sound into mood I want to have them.
    You are doing that too obviusly :)
    I have to say that the sounds in this games are amazing, you guys did exquisite job.
    I wittnesed something on a psychological level which was happening to me, and now my friend, who bought game two days ago just confirmed it to me. Actually even you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Indicators for deaf players

So I play regularly with a guy who is deaf in one ear. For a game so dependant on sound it can be quite frustrating for him. Would there be some way to add optional visual indicators for hearing impaired players? I know it would be difficult to balance.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Death minigmae.

if you die you cant do anything , enmy can throw fire at you to shorten youre death timer but you cant do anything, wy not have a aim minigame that prolong the death timer, so if you go away from computer or maby alt tab to brows internet it is a faster death . but if you stay in game and focus you get rewarded by longer death timer. i think of a mini aim game that practice youre skill in mouse control ; the goal is to feel that you figting for breath , figting for not go…

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Monster Sound

Some monster sounds sound like they are closer than they actually are. And being inside a large building seems to not muffle the sound of outside monster at all. Would be great if this was adjusted to be more accurate. Keep looking thinking there is a monster in the building when they are actually 20m away outside.

140 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The issue described above is due to a mix of improper occlusion and attenuation. We have made some improvements to the occlusion with Update 2.0 and 2.1 (currently on the test server) and will continue to tweak it further to make it sound more realistic.

Regarding attenuation (sound getting quieter over distance) we are planning to perform a consistency pass in one of the upcoming updates that will address what can be misleading audio feedback, especially in the 10-20 meter range.

6. Walls, floors and ceiling should absolutely dampen the sound!

It's early access but I seriously think that this should be implemented ASAP. It's pretty frustrating to look for a monster circling around the bushes only to find out he was in the underground catacombs all the time.

Also, the sound of moving through shattered glass in first person shouldn't follow the player. It totally sounds as if there was someone right behind you when it was just you stepping on things.

306 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone,

Sound is an important feedback indicator of HUNT; we definitely have plans to improve what is referred to as “sound propagation” in the game.
    The described issue is called “occlusion”: The sound should not be audible if there is a solid wall between the listener and the source as described here.
    https://www.audiokinetic.com/library/edge/?source=SDK&id=soundengine__obsocc.html

We have already tackled the first steps: the underground areas are marked with a special surface type now which is set up to fully dampen the sound if between the listener and the emitter.

Our next step will be to adjust the various audio sources to check this condition via a ray cast between the emitter and listener. Once this is in place, we will extend the dampening to also have a more realistic “obstruction” effect.

7. Audio at night

In real life your hearing increases when it´s dark, because your sight is decreased. Like blind people have a better hearing sense than "normal" people. I would love to see that in the "night hunt"... You would have to be more careful than before, because every gate, door or cans could be your end... If zombies also would react more to noises at night, that would be awesome.

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Matchmaking voice chat

It would be nice, if we could talk to the people we have queued up with in game, in the lobby, before we launch onto the map.

79 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Teaming with a random partner should be as convent as possible and agree that opening the microphone channels as soon as have partnered up can help to improve this. We will need investigate the feasibility of this from a technical point of view but will keep you all updated when we have more information.

9. Extraction Sound Should be Quiet

The Sound/Music that plays when you are extracting is very loud which makes it harder for players to listen for enemies. In a game with such incredible sound design this feels wrong. It's suspenseful music but it also makes you stressed for the wrong reasons. Making this sound go away would let us be more aware when extracting.

17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This will be already a lot quieter during the upcoming content patch 1! If we receive more feedback we will balance it again later on.

10. Whistle or Whisper

Give the player the ability to enter a 'whisper' mode push-to-talk key that players can only be heard in a smaller radius.

And adversely, give the players an option for a whistle to either draw attention or call something out from afar. Right now, the current voip is not worth speaking to another player when in a fire fight.

25 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Fix fall/drop sound

Sometimes the hunter produces a sound as if he were falling from a height then walking on the stairs and several times in some cases, so we are easily spotted while we move very little and crouched down the stairs. I think it's just correct some kind of "hitbox"?

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Have a small Ping sound when a player is found to que with.

There needs to be this sound, because que times and finding players do take sometime, which may get better over time. But if i am messing around on my phone while waiting to find a player sometimes, one is found and the poor soul has to wait there till i realize and ready up.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

This will be in Patch 1, we already planned to add this feature but you’ll be able to experience it in our first content update!

13. Explosion Sounds

While gun sounds are great, explosion sounds are not. From dynamite to frag bombs, their explosion sound is extremely underwhelming.

12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We agree that the explosion sounds aren’t cool enough yet so we’re still tweaking these to sound better and more impressive!

14. Speech Menu?

Add a hotkey you can press that will bring up a menu like so
    1) taunt
    2) howl
    3) enemy spotted
    4) need ammo

50 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Gun sounds

Make the gun sounds better, as of right now i can sit about five feet from a guy and all he has to do is hide behind a box and his gun will be super muffled. make them louder

127 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the ongoing feedback in this thread. We have continued our efforts with this and are improving the gun sounds overall. We are still trying to keep a good balance between realism and readability. This includes performing a pass on the interior gunshot reflections and overall consistency of shooting a weapon when both indoors and outdoors.

We will keep you updated as we make further improvements.

16. the difference between a dead hunter and hurt hunter scream should be more distinguishable

make it so a hurt hunter grunts when walking around or has a sound Que that is is easy to distinguish from a dead one, and a dead hunter scream.

41 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Audio and notifications with map open

Can we have normal game audio when we have map open.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The Big Brutes footsteps are waaaay too loud

It sounds like he is inches away from me and then I peek out from the bushes and see he is a hundred yards away. I think his footsteps need to be quieter unless within 15-20 feet or something and make his groans louder.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Gunshots are too hard to gauge by distance

At the moment, gunshots tend to sound almost the same, if they're right next to you, as compared to a quarter of the map away. Any amount of fade/dampening would be amazing here, my teammate and I are constantly hearing shots that sound like they're coming from a stone's throw away, when in fact, they're two Clues away.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. More time for players to chat before/after the game

There should be more time to chat with the team partner after the game is won/lost. You can talk about the play session, congratulate each other, say sorry or goodbye. This is polite and should help get more interested serious gamers to the game.

24 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base