Audio

In this forum, you can share all of your thoughts and suggestions on everything audio related, from the menu music to the sound a zombie makes when you chop off its head with an axe.

Let’s hear your ideas:

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Sounds and environment, natural balancement

Over all u did an amazing job with the sounds, especially at night this fits. What i would like to have, would be a better balance of things lying on the floor, such as glas and cans. At the moment things like glas seem to be placed very artificial and the sound fits to this impression (for me), compared to the footsteps, the sound of glas and cans is too loud for me. And there should be more natural things on the ground, like dry branches. Also the area in which the sounds of cans and glas gets activatet seems…

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With Update 2.0, we introduced some extra sound traps to the game. If you have played recently, you may have noticed some snapping twigs while walking in certain areas. This is just one addition we have made, and plan to introduce more as we progress through Early Access.

We will also continue to make improvements to existing sounds traps as well as other aspects of audio to continue improve upon what we have introduced.

2. Knifing sound

Needs more of a impact to it. I feel like I`m just slicing into butter in a way. I want more crunch or maybe bone sound to make it solid sounding. I also wanted to say good job on the gun sounds themselves sound really well! And the sounds in game

38 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Tricks and Deceit

I think to amp up the difficulty, suspense, danger, etc. there should be tricks the players can do audibly to lure hunters to them or scare them away.
    For instance pressing a hotkey to mimic dogs barking incase a player is starting to wonder too close. or setting a music box trap where is the players trips the wire perhaps a music box starts to play (maybe different songs to choose so they know its theirs.

This could create suspense not just because it allows a player to be notified someone entered a building near them, but vice versa a…

10 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. THE BIRDIES

The crows, or whatever they are, sound way too loud when you scare them off.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Can't hear PVP players shoot...I randomly die by them

I can't hear any gunshots of enemy players [PVP] before they shoot me down. I die instantly without hearing any gunshot or what so ever. This need some tweaks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Play Audio when minimized

Play Audio when minimized so when waiting for the loading to be done I can have a cue for when to jump back in

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sound localisation is off

I'm not sure if it is just me or is the sound localisation quite off in the game? It feels like someone is moving in the grass around me(like 2m) when I run into the grass.

I think gun sounds should have a lot more impact on attracting monsters too, which are now kind of uninterested in even reacting to a gun. Even the crows didn't react yesterday when I fired a shot 5-10 m away from them.

Other than that I love how the monsters sound, it really fits the dark setting of the game.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Sound in background!

As a streamer, I would love to have an option, which enables
    sound in background, so when i alt tab in windowed fullscreen,
    the sounds doesnt mute. Not the most important thing, but its a good to have.

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Team Chat - Replace with proximity based Commands/Actions

So as mentioned many times, there is a pretty big issue with the current team chat system. If your team know each other, you can just use voice chat in Discord and circumvent the proximity chat.

I think I have a solution that meets the same general intent but levels the playing field. Voice chat should be only heard by your team and universal across the map so random teams have the same voice capabilities as established teams. Replace that with proximity based commands such as a ping/spot system.

For example, if i see an enemy player or AI, I…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Crouching walking should reduce sound effects volume.

When crouching and trying to be stealthy you should reduce the sounds for when the player interacts with the floor and environment. Cans and chains sound like you are running through them no matter how slow you crouch walk.

Also, the sound you make when walking through foliage feels off to me. It always sounds like it is someone else. The positioning does not sound like it coming from me and again is way too loud when crouch walking.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sounds of the Bayou

Considering ambient music or music during gameplay, I think it'd be a good idea to partition the background sounds you hear based on the area you're in.

You're moving through the waters near scupper lake? Have frog sounds get added into the background.

In thick reeds? Hear grasshoppers.

The point is mainly to distinguish each area easily by the background sounds themselves. Then, have a music track that will play very lightly when you haven't heard a gunshot noise for a while and are still searching for the boss.

When you get near the boss (or you know where it…

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The quallity of the crows flying up is really low compared to the rest of the game.

The quality is just awefull feels like it was done as a placeholder.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Sound design needs improved!

I was inside a building and was being shot from a few feet behind me. Had the sound design been better, I would have known I was being shot from behind. The gunshots sounded distant! It sounded like a pop where it should have sounded like a bang. Should have been able to tell from the sound that it was close and behind me.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Phenomenal positioning everyone!

The bineaural audio delivery in this game is excellent! This feature is such an incredible approach to how we perceive the gaming environment and I hope to see it in future projects!

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Let monsters cause close-range sounds

A monster could push over a pitchfork or push a log off a table for example.
    Just so you get that constant feeling that there is something happening nearby and get distracted for a split-second.

It should be distinguishable from player-caused sounds, though.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Area of ruins and cellar

I cant remember the name of specific area, but here where there is often a boss fight if you are around the ruins above and there is fighting going on down bellow sounds always show on the same level, so people above feel as if there is a gun fight up above while people are fighting down bellow.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bushes and undergroth should make lots of noise

When crouching through the undergroth I'm nearly invisible. But this should gain a disadvantage. In real life this would create lots of noises.

People would think more of the Route they are taking. Open but silent or disguised and loud.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Guns, enemeys and crys for help when down (During duo's)

I'll explain. Guns have a very nice ring during game play, and you can tell which direction it comes from, but just not exactly how far. SO, why not have a bit of a sharpness or something, to help determine the distance. Enemeys are a bit of the same sounds, they don't all copy each other, and each interaction seems to be different. But it does feel like they're all roughly the same sound, maybe a bit of difference between each encounter would help. Even if it's just more or less sound coming from them. Cry out for help during…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Feedback on FEEDBACK section: missing ''edit'' funcion

You can't edit your posts nor comments (common case: correcting typos).

I'd like to have an edit function, obviously saying 'edited' after the edit is made

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Simple suggestion, I need the OST (theme song) on music services.

I want the OST ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvd5Mrjq3jc ) on Spotify, Apple Music, everything.

I can't wait for other music now.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base