Let’s hear your ideas:

PVE mode (Openplay, private lobby and offline; reduced reward)

Adding the PVE mode would be a nice thing since a lot of people just are not good at shooting guns against people who do that a lot. Also some people just dont want to do PVP. For a lot of reasons. Bad internet, laggs and such things.
So adding this mode in 3 ways would be nice
1: PVE in the open play, with 10 hunters. Reward reduced to 60 or 50% since PVE and the bounty is still a big thing.

2: PVE in privat hosted lobbies. Income reduced to 10% or 20%. The PVE itself again is still dangerous enough to be a challange to players.

3: Offline mode. No income at all. For the people with bad or unstable internet, that are mobile on laptops and just want to play the game itself. Or to try out new things.

If this would be in that would be very amazing.

962 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Waldherz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

240 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Todo_McG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly, everything about this game is the kind of thing me and my friends love, except the PvP. This is close to the perfect horror survival shooter except it needs to have teams of 4 or 5 and the PvP is totally out of place. Its a mixture of PvE and PvP that combine together to make something thats not as good as either.
    The MOMENT this game has PvE in a way that is at least close to the current progression system (just keep the progression seperate from the PvP if its a big deal) and I'm buying at least 6 copies of this game for my friends.

• minum776 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OFFLINE MODE must have separate save on player's PC and profile, so game can be full with XP, money and etc. Also you can play with bots or alone.

• minum776 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope it will be released in the final version. Because right now this game have a huge problem: players can't normally play and get money because of other players, which can find and kill boss for 10 mins. So game right now as a loading simulator or run n' grind.

• JackC4rver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to have the possibility to set up custom lobbies. We are 5 mates and would like to play together. Another great thing would be 4 player teams in hunt.

• searon9 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I played starcraft for many years in the 90s and they had 5 games modes, but only one was ever played. The fun PVP mode. If you have a single player or PVE mode make sure its a fun mode to play. Or at least to get your hunters all to level 50, where you enter the main game.

• Maddog_78 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Several games proved they could do both - PvP and PvE. So, c'mon let us also have our PvE-cake! And as a one-armed bandit I'd naturally prefer the PvE part. I'd also pay extra bucks for it, even if it's stand-alone, DLC or whatever.

• Seven_Proxies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Gomerpilage1: Clearly there is enough game for PvE since plenty of players ask for this feature.

If you find the game to be too slim to allow for a fun PvE experience, then just don't play the PvE feature at all.

It's not like it would take up huge amounts of Dev resources to implement a PvE-only option where you can't earn any in-game money or xp to use for the PvP-matches.

• Seven_Proxies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@XephronZz: No it's not fair to risk losing tons of money just because you want to try out the feel and behaviour of a new gun.

I don't care how the "really good players" got to where they are now. Just because they spent hours and hours chipping away at the game, losing tons of money in the process doesn't mean that the situation is "fair".

Some of us have dayjobs and families and can't sit in front of the computer grinding away just to earn in-game money to be able to just TEST newer weapons.

We can't all earn a real living being streamers...

• XephronZz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Although I don't agree with a Co-op feature, for the game is great so far, I do understand your concern in gunplay training. This game is risk-reward, besides, how do you think the really good players got to where they are now? Through trial and error. Live to learn.

As in you can learn gunplay through trial and error. The "error" part may be unforgiving, but it is fair. For when you die you learn from mistakes, and then proceed to boot up another match filled with rejuvenated vigor and knowledge.

• finder17 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Очень надеюсь, что разработчики прислушаются к этой идее. PvP, где все убивают друг друга изподтишка, мне совершенно не интересно, но игра очень атмосферная и бросать ее не хочется. Так что обязательно вернусь в игру как только PvE режим появится.

• foxtrot591 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm all for a PVE only mode. I love the game setting, the critters and the ambiance. I hate getting drilled by professional players every time I step into a camp for a clue. It's exhausting and frustrating. All I do is work the perimeter of the map and try and sneak in for a clue or two. Anything more than that and I die. I don't have lightning reflexes and a high end rig. Maybe have an option for a co-op version where we all get along.

• Gomerpilage1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I personally don't think there is enough game to just be a PVE only. The PVP aspect is what adds to the element of game play that keeps this game from getting old quickly. Maybe a PVE version as a tutorial to learn the game might be good. I think the problem really stems from 2 things.
    1. The death penalty is too high. I think that if there was a softer death penalty,that people wouldn't get so frustrated when they die and be more willing to get into firefights because they don't feel like the risk/loss ratio is so brutal. I know I have a lot of games where I just extract out because of this. Do I really want to get head-shotted with my level 24 guy before I can retire?
    2. Limited access to character playability. It seems silly to me that I have to grind my way to a level where I can finally gear my guy out and play the way I want. If you have the money and want to buy a certain gun or piece of equipment, why limit this with levels? People should be able to gear out and have equal access to the equipment from day 1. Some people may not have the patience to grind to level 70 to get the crossbow, they'll just go play fallout76. I think this is really hurting the game and sustainability in players.
    The frustration you are feeling with this game, especially as a beginner, could be softened to a more enjoyable level with these 2 changes. Obviously not removed because you also have experience in this which is and should be reserved for the veteran players. :)

• LordPariah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love for them to pull this off in a way that still adds a tense atmosphere. Perhaps it could be provided through bosses in the open world that are attracted by gunfire? Maybe they could simulate the player leaving behind a scent that's constantly being tracked by hellhounds?

Or maybe the player could be hunted Alien:Isolation style by some kind of entity that their normal weapons can't touch?

• Similon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It was originally demo'd as a co-op game, so it would make sense. All for this.

• CPL_Quade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree it could work well if done well but it would take a lot of work. Perhaps a DLC down the line with separate section of hunters. You would have to change the game dynamic a lot since enemies are weak atm. I don't think its going to happen though since this sounds like a major overhaul of the game.

• TheStreets commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this post as well. Being able to relax, if that's even possible in this game, and just rock out with your buddy without a worry of being ambushed or camped would be great. Its a great way to let players build up their hunters and learn the guns and co op team work.

Perhaps set up challenges or survival modes on top of the PvE. Something like kill 4 bosses, timed, accuracy, stealth, things like that.

• FiX-Hun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could really enjoy this as a PvE game with a friend (or more). More enemy types and behavior should be there in that case. I like those brainless wandering things we can by-pass most of the time but more variety needed. PvE game with more maps, enemy types, several game difficulties. That would be fun.
    I absolutely dont like to get forced into a PvP game when I want to kill some monsters, demons etc. for recreation. I wont pay for that.

The PvP aspect of the game is horrible. It rewards really long and boring camping and punish for being active. The whole thing is unbalanced. Playing efficient is boring sneaking and camping and still depends on luck too much.
    This PvP - PvE mix is simply bad. You should separate the two. There is the potential for a great PvE game but the PvP part ruins it. PvP could be good too but with clear PvP goals. I understand you want to make something innovative, something new, (or ride the pubg / battle royale train) but this jumble inst good.

Clear co-op (and optionally solo) PvE pls! And separated PvP for those who prefer that.

• pappasman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really isn't a difficult request. I think you could make an offline mode for solo exploration and learning. It doesn't add any experience. Instead, you can just go around and learn the map layout, maybe kill a boss or two. Basically, just learn the game without other hunters killing you. I think this would be very much worthwhile

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base