Let’s hear your ideas:

Matchmaking suggestions (merged ideas)

Creating this thread to merge some of the matchmaking suggestions together.

We are working to improve the matchmaking system and hope to have updates soon. For now, we will gather all of your ideas in one place so they are easier to read through.

412 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminRick - " Ic3man2k" (Community Manager, Crytek) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

238 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • sonobeno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Match making with squads of friends facing off would be a great way to bring more players to the game.

Example: Say I invite friend A, and we team up as a duo. Then friends B & C become their own duo as well but we are all playing on the same map.

Squads of 3would be great too.

Right now I can only play with one friend and as a group we will end up playing something else that allows 3-4 players to interact.

• Spalun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Am loving the state of the game at the moment, appreciate it would require lots of balance changes but a 4 man squad option/game mode would be great in order not to polarize friend groups and increase player count.

• Cookie102 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to add something to the pool of ideas which are postet here right now.

I am not quite sure how to explain it so i will use an example:

My problem is that somehow the matchmaking does not make that much sense how it should do.

I have two good friends i am playing with. With one of them i get the bounty pretty often. With the other one i only loose and that often before i was able to kill anyone on the map.

Don't get me wrong. I totally understand that i can't get the bounty nearly everytime or often. But at least i would like to get it more than just 3-5% in all of my games with him.

I am not quite sure if the K/D Ratio is interesting for the matchmaking right now. But to me it looks like that. The friend of mine who looses nearly every game with me has a very good K/D. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF K/D RATIO IS CONSIDERED INTO MATCHMAKING RIGHT NOW? AN ANSWER WOULD BE GREAT!!!

So what i want to tell you: pls somehow fix the matchmaking. The Update 3.0 changed something but it didn't become better!

Thanks for all your effort and thanks for creating such a great game!!!

• cimpercee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have played the game until BFV. My excitement is not as high as before. I think 4 players should be an option. Longer gunfight and double the player encounter would be nice.

• Agent_Glove commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I played this game and liked it until i hit rank 67 then i just kept getting killed by level 400 and 500s. So i waited until update 3.0 for the match making fix and It's still the same. I'm rank 85 and in the 3 matches I've played I've died to prestige 15 rank 100, prestige 7 rank 100 and prestige 3 rank 100. So how am i supposed to compete against people who are ranks like 1500 and i'm 85

• meare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please for the love of god add a 4 player squad mode. The worst part about this game is when 3 friends want to play together but simply can't. This could help prevent teaming because people won't resort to queuing at the same time to try and get a game together. Something kinda cool could be a versus mode where only 2 squads enter and fight over one bounty.

• aronusiek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me and my friends are taking a break from the game until matchmaking gets fixed.

We are casual players, and after reaching tier3 matchmaking we extract a bounty in about 10% of games. We are sick and tired of going vs 15 prestige players. Up until we reached lvl 67 we felt that matchmaking is fair and the game was fun. After this period, we suddenly get matched with muuuuch better players and it simply gets annoying.

My suggestion to matchmaking system:

1. ELO based ratings:
    It is easy to implement (copy the system from official chess ratings - it is on wikipedia).
    Example: Whenever you KILL a hunter the calculations of your and his rank takes place. If your partner gets a kill you get half of the ELO points you would get if you killed him.
    Teams are matched by their average ELO ratings.
    a) This way also helps with SMURFING, as even if you use a fresh account to kill noobs your rating goes high very fast and you get matched vs more skilled opponents.
    b) If matchmaking finds 10 teams of similar ELO, then different matchmaking implications should be taken into consideration - like number of bounty extractions divided by hunter deaths. Then prestige, etc.

Matchmaking should be the TOP PRIORITY right now.

• Rookie_96 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello dev-team,

. Very excited for the game and happy with what I have seen so far. (Bloodline 36) I see a lot of people complaining about being placed against people with better gear or higher level; personally I do not see that as the issue.

. There are so few people actually playing at the moment that putting players into echelons seems to have led to me finding myself very often in empty games. I realize that presently I am not in the tier 3 pool however would like the challenge of fighting these players that know what they are doing.

. I suppose what I am suggesting is rather than making black and white decisions on who can play with whom it would be nice to have options (perhaps in the form of filter or check boxes). For example a check box to decide if you will queue with players close to your KD:R, Bloodline, etc.

. I write this in the interest of allowing those who are overwhelmed by powerful opponents to tweak their own training wheels and to allow those who wish to dive right in to do so as well.

. Thanks for making such a great game, best of luck in reaching 1.0.

• Hansadosenbier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey guys,

I just wanted to let you know why I nearly lost all interest in this game. First of all: I like the game for having a great atmosphere, nice graphics and an awesome game-concept. I am a casual hunt gamer - I played maybe 1-2 hours every second day. Finally, I made it to rank 100 with a good friend who reached 98 now (zero prestige, of course).

However, since the last update I really lost interest because of the matchmaking system. Only in rare situations I have the feeling that I have a chance to win a PvP fight. Usually, I get killed very quickly. I know the game mechanics and I am used to ego-shooters, but this one is WAY to hard for me now. Playing this game feels like getting punished for trying. I have to say: you did a ****** job regarding machtmaking for the higher ranks (sorry).

Now, I know: "just play 6 hours a day and get better!". Nope. I have better things to do with my life. In other games there is no need to get nerdy as well and I still believe that this is possible for hunt, too.

• Opa_Ha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Removed the game in early September. All this time I waited and hoped that they would correct the optimization and, more importantly, they would develop an adequate matchmaking system.
    I installed the game yesterday, played a couple of matches. Was killed by a 10+ Bloodrang streamer with a KDR of about 6 (I have 1.8). Removed the game again.

But they added so much useless stuff... Amazing.

I heard somewhere that one development team is responsible for content, and the second one for optimization and matchmaking. Well, seems like the second team was at vocation all the time...

What have you turned your game? How could you just lose that great concept and atmosphere that was in the beginning?

Now Hunt Showdown = "pew pew run and rush ADAD shooter" for streamers and 16 hours a day players...

• Naoxyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So, I just prestiged. Completely reset my character unlocks and restarting from scratch. Can someone tell me why I get matched against someone who is rank 92? How is that even remotely fair. I'm stuck with a winfieldc starter and a starter pistol with no ability for traits or anything that would help me fight against someone with a crown and king or machete. My only hope is to get a head shot before I'm blown away or cut down.

• Boredman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your matchmaking is a joke - you never code in real meaningful corrections into your game, stop putting in new content and actually fix the game as it is. We need performance and a balance to the game way more than we need the Nagant Carbine.

Take the Avtomat out of the game - it is counter to the basis of gameplay on a fundamental level and was not a good addition to the game. Making it cheaper just shows you are headed towards fortnite esque gameplay and not the principles you started with and it's killing your player base.

• pechrein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry Team of Hunt,
    your Matchmaking is bad, i am lvl 77, and loose fights with Prestige 5 lvl 68, i know that i would be better, when i play often...but what happens when people has not these time, and play 2x per Week? the fun of this game would be now more and more bad...that made not funny more! matchmaking from statistics of players!!

• TrueKazuma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

It seems only english so I'll try it but as you see, not the language I like the most.
    Matchmaker was for me better than in other games but only for when i play solo. Each time I'm in a duo, I face guys with 200+ bloodline rank. I'm around 60. They can afford stuff I can't even imagine and what can I do against a guys that random kill me with one bullet when I need a complete load to make him bleed?
    I don't say please lower it, but I think stuff is the part that makes the matchmaker so bad on duo. Please consider allow true challenge. If I'm outsmarted, ok I die, it's the game. But when I can trap, shoot 2-3 times the guys and they just have to shoot once to explode the complete area, I don't think this is fair.

• RakWrathraiser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If weapons have a "weight class" I think offensive extras should also. This would decrease the chances of a party running full explosives on one person and a one shot with a side arm on the other. (sarcasm)That or let it happen that if you/your buddy carry more than 1 stick/bundle that they could be set off be being hit, something like a 20% chance per shot on said hunter per stick/bundle over 1, meaning your companion would literally be a walking bomb.

• Gwimple commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Matchmaking algorithms based on things like K/D wins and skill in general I think would be much better than based on bloodline rank. Since I prestiged I've been going up against players that spend way more time in the game than I do and the fights aren't even fair. It also makes problems for when you want to introduce a friend into the game since I'm prestige one my buddy (level 12) gets brought into the games with 100+ lvl players and we get trashed. It would be nice if the matchmaking could take into account level and skill for both players matchmaking if you're partied up so this happens less.

• Stabilis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not to discount other players comments, but personally playing this game I've found I've been matched relatively well. From level 1-15 I only saw players of simar rank. I'm level 56 now and have only recently started fighting players with high level gear (avtomat, crown and king, etc) and even then I find it's more of learning the pros and cons to those higher level weapons. Lots of guys can still fight an avtomat with a winnie if you just play your cards right.

All that being said, if there is issues with brand new players fighting level 100+ then perhaps it's be a good idea to make the first 20 levels as an "onboarding" and not allow those players to be in matches with players higher than 20. As the way I understand it now, if say me at 56 can't find a match in my bracket, it will search for matches in either of the other brackets...so there's a good chance I might get paired with a player that just started the game, or is still pretty fresh, and that wouldn't be fair to them.

I don't know...the way I see it is if I'm playing against guys who are higher level than me, it's a challenge to rise up to...if I lose the battle then that's ok, learn from it, move on. I'm not one to blame matchmaking for my dying, and I've died alot, lol

Just my 2 cents.

• ThorkFR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi devs,

I personally think the matchmaking should be done in relations to the K/D ratio and not the bloodline rank, put equally skilled players together no matter how experienced they are.

The equipment used should influence the rewards you get: The more expensive your gear is, the least rewards you get, and on the contrary, the cheaper equipment you use, the bigger the rewards.

The bloodline should be a "honour" level, just to gage how seasoned a player is.

• potsblitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

maybe you could a money-earnings modifier that reduces the amount of money you get whenever you are using very strong gear and your earnings a little boost whenever your using gear thats like 150 or cheaper. this would really make the overly rich and experienced players not use the op gear all the time.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base