Let’s hear your ideas:

Create a Survey asking why players Quit

Hunt struggles to retain players, i think it would be a good idea to make a survey asking why players have quit playing.

It would also probably be a good idea to see what is potentially driving current players away as well, and maybe help clear up some misunderstandings.

1 example of a possible misunderstanding. many players in the past complained about the "broken match making". Some players were referring to having to play VS veteran players, other players saying this were actually referring to long Q times. The addition of the Elo system actually made things worse for some people....but who and how many?

players quit for all kinds of reasons, but it would probably be a good idea to know what the biggest issues are in case its something that can quickly and easily be addressed.

It might be hard to get a survey like that into players hands when they aren't currently playing Hunt, but many always come back around a major patch and some still watch streamers and youtubers even though they quit. Put a survey out for a few weeks and let word of mouth get out.

14 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dusk_Horror shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • nick2517 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This game atm is a mixed bag. You have highs and then you have very bad lows. Some people might think that's a good thing. Wrong. It's more like 80% lows and 20% highs. I consider myself level headed and have put in many hours into this game. But I have to be honest, theirs been many times where i just wanted to uninstall. I end up clearing my head and stop playing for a while. But that's just it. You don't want people to stop playing right?

From what i can see after playing this game is two things that's causing frustration and eventually people wanting to quit.

A) Permadeath (what does that mean for the player)
    B) Matchmaking (Getting into a match as quick as possible with at least some players)

For me the idea of permadeath isn't a bad thing BUT it needs to be worked on to avoid mass frustration for the player. First things first. People want to play as whoever they want. The tier system doesn't make any sense. Because it doesn't correlate to the players ability. IMO if you are a certain rank you should only be able play as that tier bracket. Hunters shouldn't cost an arm and a leg. They shouldn't be equipped with a loadout. Whats the point of bring in my tier 3 hunter that cost me a fortune and then i am killed by tier 1 hunter who is same skill/rank as me but he put nothing on the line because you can get a free hunter? da ****?

Okay so i die, lost and feeling the pain. This then makes me want to bring in a cheap *** hunter who i don't want to roleplay as but i'm forced to because i'm almost broke.
    Now this is where matchmaking come into the frustration. After that soul crushing defeat. I am now waiting to be matched with people who are of similar skill... Waiting...waiting... waiting (remember now i'm frustrated already) 5min is done. Spawn in go through the whole match with no one insight.

**** this will get lost in the pile and no one from Crytek will see this. This game will not grow if they don't take this feedback. This is why I think people are not sticking with this game.

• Judaes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been playing for a week and I can tell you right now the reason I'd take a break or quit is the matchmaking.

Even in trainee mode I was playing vs PRESTIGE 10+ people which is fine, the matchmaking was fast.... but now that I'm rank 92 it takes way way way wayyyyy too long to find a match even though I just suck and lose all the time with a .6 kdr.

I don't mind losing or being killed by a more skilled player. What really bothers me is when I sit down at 1pm on saturday to play a game and it becomes 2pm and I'm still in a queue.

• Norby123 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh, no, that would be horrible marketing for them. You don't just ask people why they quit, lol. If you decide to make a survey about your product, you need to ask positive things (so people's mentality shift towards positivity and hopefullness, instead of negativity and anger). E.g. "What new feature would make you love Hunt even more?" and stuff like that.

Personally, I quit because of these sutpid 2-player-only PVP garbage matches. It's awkward, it's uncomfortable, it's shite. The most requested feature on this feedback website is to increase the team size to at least 4. People been asking for this for a year. And still nothing. Crytek's just ignoring us. Well, then goodbye Hunt. I already left about 3 months ago.

• AllanWake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can tell you why im thinking of quitting even refunding. Its these DUMB-*** community suggestions that get 400+ up-votes like "carrying a dead player to extraction". If the problems is that your friend gets killed and burned fast, just suggest to remove this STUPID ability to burn dead players. Its the community retardness that's bothering me, same goes for the wall hack ability you get on both sides either you have a bounty or not.

Feedback and Knowledge Base